Radisson Blu Edwardian New Providence Wharf Hotel
Ranked #149 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Reviewed 24 November 2013

A good location to stay for the O2 and shopping at Westfield. Very good service from staff .
The only downside is that the quay at the hotel is no longer
Open to take you to the O2 as advertised on website

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
rad_ed_npw, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian New Providence Wharf Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for choosing to stay at the Radisson Blu Edwardian New Providence Wharf Hotel and thank you for your review. I am pleased to read such a lovely comments about our staff and location.
I do apologise you were under the impression that our hotel has direct access to the river pier. Unfortunately the pier next to the hotel does not belong to us. We offer river package that includes river transfer to the O2 arena in this case our guests use the Canary Wharf pier that is a short taxi drive from the hotel.
It is very important for us to make sure that our guests are correctly informed about our facilities and transport options. Therefore, can you please kindly contact me directly with regards to the website that provided wrong information.

It will be a pleasure to welcome you back on future occasions and please do let me know if there is anything I can do for you.

There are newer reviews for Radisson Blu Edwardian New Providence Wharf Hotel

Reviewed 23 November 2013

I stayed for a weekend with my Sister who turned 50 and this was part of the surprises she had. From the moment we stepped in, we were made to feel special by courteous staff. The environment is very peaceful and you wont believe you are in London . The food was brilliant and iSpa was part of free services attached our booking. We had a wonderful time. One thing is that if you have interest in using this service , ring to book appointment same time you are doing your hotel booking as it is very popular and always fully booked. I will be booking to stay there time after time.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the O2Arena is better view.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Sweetchillie
rad_ed_npw, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian New Providence Wharf Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 November 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your great experience at the Radisson Blu Edwardian New Providence Wharf Hotel. I am very happy to read that you received outstanding service and I will pass on these kind words to members of the team.
I am delighted you enjoyed and appreciated the luxury of the East River Spa. Indeed, our Spa is very popular and getting booked very quickly therefore I would recommend to book the treatments in advance.
It’s wonderful to know that you will return to us on future occasions and it will be a pleasure to welcome you back. In this respect, please do not hesitate to let me know if there is anything I can do for you.

Reviewed 21 November 2013

I have had the pleasure of staying with Emma Adams and her amazing team at the Radisson Blu in Canary Wharf for some time now. I travel on business and often spend time away from my home, but Emma and the great reception, bar and dining room staff make me feel so welcome they have become like dear friends to me.

The hotel is great, modern, clean, lovely facilities - the stuff you would expect from a hotel of this standard, but it really is the quality of the team and service that makes me choose the Radisson over any other hotel in the area and I know all my colleagues feel the same. A huge thank you to all the RB team.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for your feedback.
The whole team here at the Radisson Blu Edwardian New Providence Wharf Hotel is proud and delighted to read your kind words in recognition of such an outstanding service to one of our returning guest. Also, I would like to thank you for your kind words regarding the hotel facilities.
I hope you will be returning to London again soon so that we may have the pleasure of welcoming you back. Please do not hesitate to contact me for any assistance with any future booking.

Reviewed 20 November 2013

We decided to stay in this hotel as it was very handy for the 02 - we stayed Sunday and Monday night - and chose a deluxe King room with river view - which was pricey but certainly worth it!

Being a Sunday and Monday the hotel was fairly quiet, but we had excellent service throughout. On arrival we were greeted and had valet parking for our car and our luggage taken up to our room - the receptionist was very pleasant and asked if we were here for a special occasion - I mentioned it was a birthday trip. Our room was lovely - smelt gorgeous when we went in - lovely décor with orginal artworks - the views were stunning and bed very comfortable - the bathroom was extremely luxurious and had a large bath looking out onto the river - loads of fluffy white towels, bathrobes, slippers and great toiletries. The mini bar was well stocked - Wi-Fi - large flat screen TV, Bose sound system - it was all wonderful! The only little niggle I would make is that the lighting was not good enough for applying make up in the evening.

The breakfasts were really good but be careful when booking - as we thought it was included but it wasn't - so that was an extra £20.00 each per day! But still worth it - nothing was too much trouble for the staff - everyone was friendly and attentive. On the Sunday evening I was wished Happy Birthday and said it was the next day - so when we got back to our room on the Monday there was a beautiful little cake with strawberries and the in icing a Happy Birthday message - a very nice touch!

The food in the restaurant is English comfort food - and very nice - but as there as so many restaurants nearby it doesn't need to compete.

Our room was wonderfully quiet and the hotel was spotless - and looked to pretty with the Christmas decorations (which were extremely tasteful of course!) we evening had someone come round in the evening with biscuits and the evening paper.

There is a wonderful spa and gym - and although I didn't have time to have a treatment - they did look very good.

Whether you are staying for business or pleasure - we would definitely recommend this Hotel - it was a real pleasure to stay in and we hope to go back.

Room Tip: pay extra and get a river view - it is really worth it!

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to pen your detailed review of your stay at the Radisson Blu Edwardian New Providence Wharf Hotel.
Our whole team prides themselves in ensuring that all of our guests are looked after and cared for from the minute that they enter the hotel. It is always a lovely to see that this has been recognised by our guests and the team are thrilled by your comments regarding their service.
I am delighted to read how much you enjoyed the experience including the complimentary treat in your room. Thank you also for your lovely comments about the hotel’s facilities. I am also glad you liked hotel décor and Christmas decorations. Hopefully on your next visit you will get the opportunity to use our fantastic East River Spa Facilities.

Reviewed 19 November 2013

I took my Mum to the spa for a treatment and lunch. It was outstanding. The lunch was incredible, food was some of the best I have ever tasted. Not to mention the service. The waitress was so helpful and attentive, she also gave us the perfect balance of privacy and attention.
The Spa itself is stunning. We were looked after so well the entire day. We'd like to specifically mention Samantha who gave my Mum her back massage, it was the best massage she's ever had. Mum said that Samantha listened so tentatively to her needs that it has made a physical difference to her long term injury. Samantha was a real expert and so knowledgeable. Shirin and Lana then gave our manicures and they were super, so professional but incredibly friendly and just couldn't do enough for us. After our treatments, they came into the relaxing room and presented my Mum with a Happy birthday selection of cakes and a candle. I was so impressed with the attention to detail and will be returning in a heart beat. Many, many thanks to all the wonderful staff at the East River Spa and hotel for making our visit so special. A 60th birthday never to forget.

Room Tip: We didn't actually stay the night, but I would next time.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your lovely review of the Radisson Blu Edwardian New Providence Wharf Hotel and the East River Spa.
I was delighted to hear that we were able to create some wonderful memories for you and your Mum to share on what was such a celebratory occasion. I was also pleased that you appreciated the level of service delivered by our team. Samantha, Shirin and Lana are particularly thrilled with your very kind comments! I am also very happy you enjoyed the food at our Scoff and Banter Restaurant. It will be my pleasure to share your lovely feedback with our Head Chef and the team.

It would be a pleasure to meet you in person in the future, and I hope you will visit us again soon. In this respect, you are very welcome to contact me directly to make the arrangements for you or if there is anything else I can do for you.

Guest Service team Leader

Reviewed 18 November 2013

When we arrived there was a backlog of vehicles outside parked all around the small roundabout, so not a brilliant first impression...Once inside the hotel looks nice & staff were friendly, the room was comfy & a good size, however, the shower head is fixed in place so if you want a shower without getting your hair wet it is awkward - I decided to have a bath instead and no amount of fiddling with the taps resulted in hot water.. it was cold/tepid at best. After getting ready we began the wait for out vehicle to be brought back, as arranged at check in for 5:30. At 5:50 we went to enquire at reception and we were told she had forgotten and it would be brought round in 5 minutes, at 6:15 we finally got it, this made us late and we had to have a fast food meal instead of out planned restaurant meal. Upon returning we decided to have a drink in the hotel bar, be aware, they are expensive & my partner feet that his drink was 'old' ie. Been hanging around in the bottle for ages... Breakfast was fine after an initial long wait for tea & coffee. Finally, when we checked out, the receptionist said it had been 'pissing it down' which when I asked him to repeat himself, he changed his response to 'it was raining'.Overall I would say it is overpriced & I'd expect better customer service...

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
rad_ed_npw, Front Office Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian New Providence Wharf Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback regarding your recent stay with us.

I am sorry a good impression was not set on arrival with the cars outside the entrance - we always try our hardest to move these as quickly as possible in the car park to avoid any inconvenience but I am sorry to hear this was not the case on this occasion.

With regards to the water temperature in your bedroom, I do hope you reported this to our on site maintenance team as they could have this checked - we have no log of any problems however I will have our maintenance manager check the system for any small issues so thank you for bringing it to our attention.

Finally I cannot apologise enough for the language used by our front desk staff when you were leaving the hotel. I would really like to find out who this was - if you would contact me directly with a description, I would really appreciate it. Of course I have already highlighted my disappointment to the team as a whole so there will be no future errors of this sort as I find this simply unacceptable.

If you are returning to the area in the future, please do not hesitate to let me know as I would be delighted to help with your reservation and make sure you are well looked after during your stay.

Kind Regards,
Jane Tones
Front Office Manager

Reviewed 18 November 2013

We stayed at this hotel on visitng the o2 to watch the Tennis. The hotel staff were extremely helpfull and the room was to a very high standard. I would highly recommened this hotel and will stay here again with no hesitation

1  Thank Lynnette B
rad_ed_npw, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian New Providence Wharf Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2013

Dear Guest,
I am very happy you enjoyed your experience. Our sincere thanks to you for your kind words regarding the hotel facilities and the service received by the team and it will give me great pleasure to pass on your comments to my colleagues.
I do hope I will have the pleasure of welcoming you back on a future visit and please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of any assistance.