“Excellent Customer Service”

Radisson Blu Edwardian New Providence Wharf Hotel
Ranked #146 of 1,076 Hotels in London
Reviewed 15 March 2014

A fantastic Hotel with friendly staff. The Receptionists are so welcoming and friendly. Rooms are excellent, food is great, Room Service fab, and even food to go in a morning just brill. Well done Emma, Heather and team. Another great stay.

Room Tip: All good. I have stayed here several times and have never been let down by the excellent Customer Se...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
rad_ed_npw, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian New Providence Wharf Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such an excellent review following your stay with us. I was extremely pleased to hear that you found our bedrooms to be excellent, food to be great and the room service to be fabulous. I am also heartened by your kind comments regarding the fantastic service that you experienced throughout your stay, I will be sure to pass on your kind words to the team. Heather and Emma are particularly happy with your kind comments.
Thank you again for choosing Radisson Blu Edwardian New Providence Wharf Hotel, and I very much hope to meet you in the future.

Guest Service Team Leader

Write a ReviewReviews (3,963)

Reviewed 13 March 2014

I stayed here whilst my boyfriend was working at the O2 for a week. It was very conveniently located for this, however we are used to staying in Central London, and as the hotel is in a residential area, it is a bit of journey when tired to go somewhere like Canary Wharf where there is more choice. Blackwall and East India DLR are very conveniently located with good links to Canning Town where you can take the Jubilee line to central London.

We ended up with a handicapped room which meant it was quite spacious although the shower screen didn't do that much to stop the shower from turning the bathroom into a wetroom, but it was workable. There were also bits of limescale on the hold rails and the second shower head that could have been easily cleaned off, but nothing to launch a complaint about.

The TV is also a Bang & Olufsen one which has a very heavy speaker at the bottom and looked like it was trying to fall off the wall, even though it was secured. It's also a tiny bit too small for the size of the room and distance from the bed (first world problem!)

The bed was very comfortable and once the second, more plump set of pillows were put on, even more so. I slept very well here, although not long enough due to late nights and early mornings!

I thought the breakfast selection was good, although others in our party did not agree. There was a good selection of cooked foods, and other options that could be specially requested such as oatmeal and pancakes. There were delicious pastries, and fresh cut up fruit of plums and oranges. The standard fruit selection such as apples, bananas and oranges did look a little tired. My boyfriend saw an orange that looked a bit furry, although this was taken care of right away. They are in quite large bowls so it is difficult to reach them, and they look a bit more like a display, so that probably explains why they haven't been taken and look a bit less fresh. I did however have a couple of apples which were quite crisp.

I had room service delivery from the restaurant which was very nice and came with a warming cabinet to keep my dessert warm whilst I ate my main. The food was very pleasant, although a little expensive for the portion size.

The gym had a good selection of weights machines. The treadmills were a new type of touchscreen treadmill that I hadn't seen before and found hard to use, although I only used it for a warm up. There was a full selection of dumbells and stretching equipment. I went in the middle of the day on a Sunday which apparently was quite busy, so it was difficult to find an area that I could work out with the dumbells and not be in people's way, but we managed to make it work.

It was a very pleasant stay, although a little out of the way for getting to the rest of London.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Radisson Blu Edwardian New Providence Wharf Hotel.
I am happy that you found our location to be convenient for your boyfriend’s work at the O2. I am also delighted that you found our beds to be very comfortable and that the breakfast selection was good for you. Therefore it is naturally very disappointing to learn you have experienced issues with type of the room, shower screen, lime scale and TV size in your bedroom. Please accept my sincerely apology for that. Thank you for bringing it to our attention. I have personally spoken to our Maintenance Manager who has is currently looking into this issues. I truly appreciate all your feedback, which we will certainly take into consideration.

Reviewed 12 March 2014

We stayed here as we were going to see a show at the o2 and this hotel is perfectly placed to do this, you can see the o2 from the hotel. Room was an ok size but smelt of smoke even though it is a non smoking hotel, beds were comfy and bathroom was a good size. We only used the restaurant for breakfast where the choice was limited but service from the staff was very good. When we arrived back to the hotel there was very loud music above our room so I called reception to ask when the function would be ending and was told it would be at midnight (only 15mins away) and it did end when I was told it would but be wary of this if staying on a weekend. Would consider this hotel again for access to the o2 but overall it was an average stay.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Asiafan31
rad_ed_npw, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian New Providence Wharf Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I am delighted that you found our location to be convenient for your trip to the O2. I am also very pleased to know that you liked our beds and bathrooms, but I am very sorry to learn that you were disappointed because of smell of smoke in your room. Should any of guests not be happy with their room we always encourage our guests to let us know so that we may rectified any issues as soon as possible. In your case we would be more than happy to move the room for you. I am also so sorry to hear of the inconvenience you experienced due to the noise form the conference room, and please accept my apologies for that.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your valuable feedback with us.
It will be a pleasure to welcome you back on future occasions and please do let me know if there is anything I can do for you.

Reviewed 10 March 2014

The PRO'S - We have just returned form a two night stay with our two young daughters..... check-in was great, very friendly reception and helpful concierge/valet parking...we stayed on the top floor (room 725) although not a 'river view' still plenty to see, the O2 is visible and my girls had great fun looking in the offices!!, the suite was amazing, 3 TV's, iPod docks, nesspresso machine, ample space, large bathroom (with TV!) and lots of extra's, having stayed in lots of hotels I was not disappointed and felt it was good value for money! A short walk form DLR railway with access to London very quickly -

The CON'S - Expensive breakfast!!!! such a shame but quite honestly we thought it was a rip off!
Maybe a few little touches for children staying, ie., hot chocolate, little colouring book, just something to keep them happy and if you are advertising to families then perhaps a children's menu - although mine were happy with pizza - just a thought!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
rad_ed_npw, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian New Providence Wharf Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your lovely review of your stay at the Radisson Blu Edwardian New Providence Wharf Hotel London. I am delighted that you found our suites to be amazing and well equipped. However, I am really disappointed to read that you felt our breakfast was expensive and that the hotel could be more children friendly, we will certainly look into these issues. Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience and disappointment caused. I am sure you will be please to hear that we are working on how to make our little guests stay more enjoyable by putting together children’s activity packs and treasure hunt games.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your valuable feedback with us.

It was our pleasure having you stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back. In this respect, you are very welcome to contact me directly to make the arrangements for you or if there is anything else I can do for you.

Reviewed 7 March 2014

I organised a reunion party on the 1st March at the hotel. The events manager was fantastic in helping arrange the perfect party. The hotel itself is beautiful, modern and tastefully decorated. The room was clean, the food is amazing, the staff were exceptionally helpful and friendly. All in all a totally amazing experience. Hope to go back soon.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
rad_ed_npw, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian New Providence Wharf Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for such a fantastic review. I am very pleased that you chose to enjoy your reunion party at our hotel and I am delighted that you had a fantastic experience.
I am so pleased you found our staff to be exceptional helpful and friendly. We take great pride in looking after our guests and it was our pleasure to be of assistance during your visit. Our events manager is particularly thrilled with your kind comments.

Reviewed 6 March 2014

Excellent stay. Very beautiful rooms. The bathroom is what sold it to me. Nice big bath tub and separate shower. Could not eat in the restaurant as did not book in advance but bar area was nice enough. The only downside was the food portion was on the small side. I left still feeling hungry. Overall i was happy with my stay

• Stayed: February 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review and I’m pleased to read such a lovely comments about our bathrooms. They are lovely indeed! I am however; very sorry to learn that you left restaurant still feeling hungry. I am sure if you have let us know at that time, our Head Chef would be more then happy to prepare extra portion especially for you.
I truly appreciate you nice feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 6 March 2014

Really nice hotel, friendly staff.
A free upgrade on arrival,
Great location 5 minutes from Blackwall DLR
A quieter part of town, so not much locally but the Italian just round the corner was good too.

Will be staying again

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the river
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review. I am pleased to read such wonderful comments about our staff and about the hotel location.
I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel in the very near future.