Radisson Blu Edwardian New Providence Wharf Hotel
Ranked #96 of 1,089 Hotels in London
Reading, England, United Kingdom
“Great for 02”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2014

Had a little difficulty locating the hotel when we got off the DLR but asked in the local shop. Maybe have a sign at the station? It was a short walk to the hotel from the station. My friend and I booked for one night in one of the suites. As it was originally meant for her and her husband to stay there was one double bed. At check in we were asked if we would like the sofa bed in the lounge area made up - we were told we could let them know on our way out during the evening. We agreed it would be better to have the sofa bed made up and asked for this to be done on our way out. Upon our return the bed unfortunately was not made up so we asked at reception for it to be done. The young man on reception (sadly I did not get his name, but he looked like a young Ray Winstone!) was amazing. he was polite and courteous and took us to the bar for an on the house drink whilst he organised for the bed to be made up. When we got back to our room the bed was made and I must say was extremely comfortable! Breakfast the next morning was a busy affair but in fairness the hotel does state that their busiest time is between 10 and 11 am. After a very brief wait we were seated. The choice of food available is amazing and very tasty! We had to ask for milk and butter a couple of times but the young man who got them for us was great! Check out was smooth. I think the hotel is busy when there are events at the O2 as it is one of the closest and most convenient. I would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: We had a side room - If you want a view of the river and O2 probably best to ask upon booking.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
rad_ed_npw, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian New Providence Wharf Hotel, responded to this review, 8 April 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us here at the Radisson Blu Edwardian New Providence Hotel and for taking the time to write about your visit. I am delighted you enjoyed your experience. Our sincere thanks to you for your kind words regarding the hotel and our breakfast, it will give me great pleasure to pass on your comments to my colleagues. I am also happy that you found the hotel location to be convenient for you. Therefore I am disappointed to hear that sofa bed was not ready for you as requested, however I am pleased Richard was able to organise complimentary drinks for you while you waited for extra bed to be ready. Please accept my apologies for the initial inconvenience caused.

We look forward to your return and please do not hesitate to contact me directly for any assistance with future reservations.

Guest Service Team Leader

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (526)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2014 via mobile

Really enjoyed my stay at Radisson on Saturday 29th March. I booked the one bedroom and emailed reception upon booking to advise we would be using the sofa bed in the lounge and would require a cot. This was all set up before our arrival.
It was a bit difficult trying to find it from canary wharf. Did use DLR to Blackwall but no obvious signs leading us to the hotel. Once we found it we were extremely pleased. Friendly staff, in particular Olga who checked us in and Jan in concierge. Room was great. Very modern. Loved the huge bath and wet room. I slept on the sofa bed and found it comfortable. Our booking included breakfast which was exceptional. Great choice of cereals, pastries, fruits with the full English. Again very pleasant staff at breakfast. And what a great view of the 02 and river from the room where breakfast was served. My family and I were really impressed and we would stay again if in the area.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
rad_ed_npw, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian New Providence Wharf Hotel, responded to this review, 4 April 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such an amazing review following your stay with us. I am heartened by your kind comments regarding the fantastic service that you experienced throughout your stay, I will be sure to pass on your kind words to the team. Olga and Jan were delighted to have been of assistance during your visit. Also, I am very happy that you liked our breakfast in our Scoff and Banter Restaurant. It will be my pleasure to share your lovely feedback with our head chef Karim and his team.

It’s wonderful that you will be returning to stay with us, and I very much hope to meet you then. Do let me know if there are any arrangements I can help you with.

Maidenhead, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2014

Booked a suite for three for one night. We were going to a concert at the O2. The hotel was ideally located, 1 DLR and 1 Jubilee Line stop from the O2, Total journey time was less than 15 minutes. The hotel was modern and clean, the staff friendly and helpful. Our suite was large and well appointed. The double and the sofa bed were very comfortable. Given that the bathroom was massive the shower compartment seemed strangely small. However it was great value overall. The restaurant food was OK and the covered terrace with views of the O2 was a nice enough spot to eat. Breakfast was good, the usual choice of English and Continental

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I am delighted that you found our location to be convenient for your trip to the O2. I am also very pleased to know that you liked our one bedroom suites. I am also happy you enjoyed the breakfast at our Scoff and Banter Restaurant. It will be my pleasure to share your lovely feedback with our Head Chef and the team.

I do hope I will have the pleasure of welcoming you back on a future visit and please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of any assistance.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2014

Organising a press event is stressful at the best of times however we were incredibly lucky that we chose to host our event in the River Room of the Radisson New Providence Wharf... Not only did we have an incredible location, we had the wonderful Gavin Sanders who made it his mission to ensure that we had a seamless experience with them. Gavin really showed exceptional customer service, responding to e-mails and offering reassurance that he had everything at the hotel covered whilst he was in NYC (that is true dedication to his hotel). That to me is going well over and above his station.
When the day arrived the hotel lived up to the standards that Gavin had promised, the concierge were lovely and extremely inquisitive, wanting to know more information to be able to share with our guests upon their arrival. Reception were on hand to assist with our every request, promptly and without any hassle.
Our Irish guests enjoyed their stay in their beautiful rooms, they were smart and luxurious all at the same time.
Gavin Sanders truly made our whole experience memorable, with his kind word of reassurance and support throughout he went beyond what we could have ever expected. We will definitely be hosting more events here!

Room Tip: River Room - Perfect for a prestige event
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for such a fantastic review. I am very pleased that you chose to enjoy your event at our hotel and I am delighted that you had a great experience. Our whole team prides themselves to ensure that all of our guests are looked after and cared for from the minute that they enter the hotel. It is always lovely to see that this has been recognised by our guests and the team are thrilled by your comments regarding their service.

I am also delighted that you appreciated the level of service delivered by our management team. We are very lucky indeed to have such an inspiring and passionate person as our general manager and Gavin is delighted to hear this comments.

It was our pleasure to host your event and we look forward to welcoming you back. In this respect, you are very welcome to contact me directly to make the arrangements for you or if there is anything else I can do for you.

Hemingford Grey, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2014 via mobile

We stayed with our daughter for one night so had two room suite...bathroom was lovely and husband enjoyed watching the football in the bath and daughter enjoyed having the privacy of her own room with security of being through an adjoining door. The staff were vey helpful and friendly.z. Check in and out were quick and smooth. I would definitely stay there again and next time I might see more of the O2 out of the window as I on,y had a side view.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Josephine M
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us when you were in London and thank you for your review.

I am pleased to read such a lovely comments about our staff and location. As shown on our website, we have a wide range of room types, from King Superior Bedrooms to One Bedroom Suites that are especially designed to accommodate family. I am delighted that you and your loved ones had an opportunity to relax in one of our One Bedroom Suites. We love it when families stay with us and feel comfortable.

It will be a pleasure to welcome you and your family back on future occasions and please do let me know if there is anything I can do for you.

Canterbury, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2014

I chose the Radisson Blu Edwardian because of its proximity to the 02. We stayed in Jan 2014 as a surprise trip to see Maroon 5. The hotel is very smart, stylish and extremely clean. The 02 can be seen from the hotel and was only a short taxi ride away. Next time I book a concert we will stay here again.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Tony G
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting review of your stay at the Radisson Blu Edwardian New Providence Wharf Hotel. I am extremely pleased to hear that you found our hotel to be very smart, stylish and clean. I am also very happy that hotel location was convenient for your trip to the O2.

We all look forward to welcoming you back to the Radisson Blu Edwardian NPW Hotel and please do let me know if there is anything I can do for you.

London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2014

We chose to have our wedding reception at the Radisson Blu Edwardian on Saturday 8 March 2014, and we are so glad we did.
Our events coordinators Sheena & Riadh went above and beyond our expectations, the hotel staff were amazing on the day, and the food was excellent. Everything was taken care of and managed in such a professional manner.
The location and venue space, is by far the best in East London, we should know, we searched tirelessly trying to find the right place....
The hotel rooms are excellent too, comfortable & spacious, we were also fortunate to have a suite overlooking the river, what a treat!
Our friends and family have given us nothing but good feedback, I would highly recommended this hotel for any special event.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Congratulations on your Wedding!

Thank you for such a fantastic review. I am very pleased that you chose to enjoy your wedding reception at our hotel and I am delighted that you had a fantastic experience on such a special occasion. It is our highest priority to ensure that our guests feel welcomed and comfortable whilst in our hospitality, to hear that Sheena and Riadh went above and beyod your expectations is extremely rewarding for the whole team. I will be sure to pass on your very kind words to them.
Also I am very pleased that you found our bedrooms to be excellent, comfortable and specious.
Our King River Deluxe bedrooms are truly amazing, indeed. They have fantastic views of the river that are stunning and I am glad you loved it.

It will be a pleasure to welcome you back on future occasions and please do let me know if there is anything I can do for you.

Best Wishes