Radisson Blu Edwardian New Providence Wharf Hotel
Ranked #150 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Reviewed 6 May 2014

We stayed there for two nights over Easter. The service is very good all the staff are very friendly and very helpful. When we checked in they had upgraded us to a business room which was a lovely big room very comfortable and lovely and clean they also gave us an Easter Egg for Easter which was very nice. the breakfast is very very good plenty to chose from,we will definitely be staying there again. It is in a good location to Canary Wharf also just around the corner there is a lovely little Italian Restaurant which is lovely would also recommend it

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
rad_ed_npw, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian New Providence Wharf Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for such a lovely feedback. I was extremely pleased to hear that you found our staff to be very friendly and very polite. Thank you also for your lovely comments with regards to our breakfast I will pass them on to our Head Chef. I am also happy that hotel location was convenient for you.

It will be my pleasure to share your kind feedback with the team here and I hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back at some time in the future.

There are newer reviews for Radisson Blu Edwardian New Providence Wharf Hotel

Reviewed 5 May 2014

lovely hotel,staff in this hotel is brilliant everybody was very helpful and caring,was very happy with my room which was more than i expected!planed my trip in advance so found it very easy.will definitely stay again

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
rad_ed_npw, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian New Providence Wharf Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your lovely review. Our whole team prides themselves in ensuring that all of our guests are looked after and feel relaxed. It is always a lovely to see that this has been recognised by our guests. I will be sure to pass on your kind words to the team. I am also delighted that you were very happy with your bedroom.

It is wonderful to know that you will return to us on future occasions and it will be a pleasure to welcome you back. In this respect, please do not hesitate to let me know if there is anything I can do for you.

Reviewed 4 May 2014

We needed a room in the Canary Wharf area and had read good things about the Radisson, but the rates had always seemed high. So when we saw a rate for £139 for a one-bedroom suite on a Saturday night when we actually needed to be in the area, we jumped at the chance (even though lower priced options around were available).

We knew we could park at the hotel (although later I did overhear someone say that the car park was full), but as it was the weekend we knew that if we were lucky enough to find on-street parking we could leave the car close by, which is what we did.

The lobby is impressive, as is the view of the O2 that the hotel has. We were checked in very efficiently by an English girl (which I only mention as I can’t remember the last time I came across someone English at a London hotel reception desk) and headed to our one-bed suite on the fourth floor. Our view of the next-door office block was rather dull, but the space the suite had was impressive and made up for any disappointment about the view. A large seating area, with a dining table for four, was a lovely area to relax in, although the size of the Bang & Olufsen television didn’t match the size of the room (I didn’t measure it, but it looked like a 32 inch screen and should have been a 42 inch at least). The reception of BBC1 and BBC2 was awful (see attached picture) and an odd problem for a high-end hotel.

The bedroom and bathroom were even more impressive than the sitting room. The bed was huge and comfortable, with plenty of space for luggage. However, the hairdryer is attached to wardrobe, the lead not quite long enough. In a hotel and room of this standard I’d expect to given a standalone hairdryer.

The bathroom was top notch with a bidet, separate bath and walk-in shower that was excellent (only one other hotel I have stayed at has had such a good shower).

We were meeting friends for dinner near Canary Wharf. The free shuttle only runs during the week, so as it was a Saturday our options for getting there were walking, or getting a taxi. We were happy to walk, although had it been raining that would not have been an option and it is about 15 minutes from the hotel to the central area of Canary Wharf. During our walk the conversation of hotel location came up. My wife really didn’t have a problem with where the hotel is (buried amongst apartments and an office), but I couldn’t see why you’d choose the Radisson over the Marriott or the Hilton, both of which are significantly closer to Canary Wharf.

On our return from dinner we decided to nip in to the bar for a drink, which is a decent area with good service. Prices are as high as you’d expect for a hotel of this type and service is automatically added to your bill (fair enough).

Breakfast was included in our rate and was good. Again, super service from the staff and my request for pancakes was dealt with very swiftly and without any hint of me being a pain for asking for something that wasn’t readily available. The buffet spread was wide (although no Nutella available that I could see – it’s a big plus for me when staying at Hilton properties) and we left well fed.

There is no doubt that this is a great hotel, but the location stops me recommending it over the Marriott at West India Quay. I’m sure the Hilton is also a good option for most, but I personally have still not forgiven them for the lack of free wifi and being so rude to us when we checked in when we stayed there a few years ago.

If you do choose the Radisson and you can get a one-bedroom suite, please do. It’s worth treating yourself.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MrHandBaggageOnly

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us here at the Radisson Blu Edwardian New Providence Hotel and for taking the time to write about your visit.

I am so pleased you decided to treat yourselves and stay in our one bedroom suite to make your stay that extra bit special. It is great to hear how impressive you found your bedroom and bathroom. Also, it is fantastic to read how much you enjoyed your breakfast in our Scoff and Banter restaurant. It will give me a great pleasure to share your great feedback with our head chef and his team. Therefore I am sorry to hear that you have experienced problems with the picture on the TV. Thank you for bringing it to our attention. I have personally spoken to our Maintenance Manager who has is currently looking into this issue. I am also sorry that the hotel location was not very convenient for you.

Thank you again for choosing the Radisson Blu Edwardian New Providence Wharf Hotel, and I very much hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel in the very near future.

Reviewed 4 May 2014

This was a great location, staff were very friendly and the hotel itself was very clean and tidy. The service offered was great i enjoyed my stay here and would defiantly reccomend this to anyone and would also stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2014

Dear Guest,

I am very happy you enjoyed your experience. Our sincere thanks to you for your kind words regarding the hotel facilities and the service received by the team and it will give me great pleasure to pass on your comments to my colleagues.

Reviewed 4 May 2014

I've stayed in many hotels across the world and this is by far the best. From the amazingly friendly staff to the beautiful rooms I had the most wonderful experience. The afternoon tea was what stood out to me the most and is a must have for all guests. The cakes and sandwiches were delicious, I already can't wait for my return! I would highly recommend this hotel to everybody.

• Stayed: April 2014

Dear Guest,

I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for taking the time to share your great experience at the New Providence Wharf hotel. Our customers are paramount to us and I am heartened by your kind comments regarding the staff and service you received at the hotel. I am also happy that you enjoyed our fantastic “Queen of Hearts” afternoon tea in our lovely Scoff and Banter Restaurant. Additionally, to read that we are the best hotel in London is truly fantastic and we hope we will have the opportunity to provide many more enjoyable stays.

It would be a pleasure to meet you in person in the future, and I hope you will visit us again soon. In this respect, you are very welcome to contact me directly to make the arrangements for you or if there is anything else I can do for you.

Best Regards

Reviewed 1 May 2014 via mobile

Hotel is clean and beautiful, in a quiet area. A bit over a kilometre from the tube station. The building itself is quite tucked away so you need to make sure you know where it is. Rooms are well - designed and quite spacious. Staff was helpful. Would definitely stay there again on my next visit.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Andres P
rad_ed_npw, Front Office Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian New Providence Wharf Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us recently at the New Providence Wharf Hotel. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us but can only apologise you were unable to easil.y locate us. Our reception and concierge teams are on hand 24 hours a day so we are always available to help with directions whether prior to your stay or whilst you are staying with us.

I do hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the very near future, please contact me directly if I can be of any help in making a reservation. I would be delighted to hear from you.

Kind Regards,
Jane Tones
Front Office Manager

Reviewed 30 April 2014

Third stay in this wonderful hotel. Quiet location, beautiful clean rooms, excellent service, friendly staff, wonderful breakfast, restaurant with fantastic view of the O2 Arena...all make up for another positive experience. Highly recommended!!

Room Tip: Rooms away from the lift very quiet!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Steve2904

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your glowing review of our hotel. I am so pleased you enjoyed your third stay as much as your first.

I look forward to greeting you personally at the hotel for your next potential stay and would be delighted to hear from you if there is anything further we can do to add to the experience.

Kind Regards,