“Outstanding stay”

Ranked #78 of 1,068 Hotels in London
kent
“Outstanding stay”
Reviewed 7 May 2014

Stayed over the May bank holiday weekend for my husband's 50th birthday. I booked direct through the hotel and had a great deal of £137 for an executive room. I emailed the hotel in advance and told them it was my husbands birthday treat. We arrived early to the hotel and were able to check in immediately. The room was superb overlooking the O2 stadium and the Thames. The bed was decorated with petals and 'swans' made from towels and a large complimentary box of toiletries which was a lovely treat. We had £15 worth of drinks so treated ourselves to a cocktail each. The bathroom was really spacious with the biggest bath which was lovely to relax in. We went out for the afternoon and on our return we found a birthday cake and dessert left in the room. We also used the spa services which were very good and the breakfast was plentiful with lots of choice. All the staff were extremely friendly and helpful and nothing was too much trouble. We were very impressed with this hotel and as regular visitors to London we would definitely stay again and have already recommended the hotel to a number of friends.

Room Tip: The executive room we had was superb with a great view. It was room 329
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
rad_ed_npw, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian New Providence Wharf Hotel, responded to this review, 13 May 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on the site for us and we are very grateful for your wonderful feedback. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. It was our great pleasure taking care of you.
I am very pleased that you chose to enjoy your husband’s 50th birthday at our hotel and I am delighted that you had a fantastic experience. Also, I was happy to read all the little touches we provide were a success and that the service you received from my team was so well received.

I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel in the very near future.

Guest Service Team Leader

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (550)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 May 2014

We had booked into another hotel near to Canary Wharf to celebrate my boyfriend's birthday at a nearby restaurant. The other hotel was terrible so an hour after checking in we left and needed to find another hotel nearby urgently. Luckily we found a vacancy at the Radisson Blu at a greatly reduced price and checked in 30 minutes later. The reception staff and Concierge were friendly & welcoming. They made us feel very special and checked us into a fabulous room with floor to ceiling views of the Thames and O2 from both the bedroom and the huge bathroom! They also sent up a complimentary bottle of wine to aid our celebration. It is situated within easy walking distance of Canary Wharf shops, restuarants and offices, but situated away from the main roads, just to the end of the area so very quiet. We cannot wait to return to stay at the hotel and will not wait for a birthday celebration, just a special offer on one the rooms with spectacular views. Many thanks to all who made our stay special after such a disappointing start to the evening.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
rad_ed_npw, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian New Providence Wharf Hotel, responded to this review, 9 May 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting review of your stay at the Radisson Blu Edwardian New Providence Wharf Hotel. It is great to read you found our staff friendly and welcoming and we thank you for sharing these kind comments with us. All of our staff shares a great passion for excellent customer service and it is so rewarding when this is reflected in our guests satisfaction. I am also delighted that the little touches we provided were a success and that you loved our King River View Deluxe bedroom. These rooms are truly amazing, indeed. They have fantastic view overlooking the river that is stunning especially during the night time.

Thank you again for choosing Radisson Blu Edwardian New Providence Wharf Hotel, and I very much hope to meet you in the future.

Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 May 2014

We stayed there for two nights over Easter. The service is very good all the staff are very friendly and very helpful. When we checked in they had upgraded us to a business room which was a lovely big room very comfortable and lovely and clean they also gave us an Easter Egg for Easter which was very nice. the breakfast is very very good plenty to chose from,we will definitely be staying there again. It is in a good location to Canary Wharf also just around the corner there is a lovely little Italian Restaurant which is lovely would also recommend it

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for such a lovely feedback. I was extremely pleased to hear that you found our staff to be very friendly and very polite. Thank you also for your lovely comments with regards to our breakfast I will pass them on to our Head Chef. I am also happy that hotel location was convenient for you.

It will be my pleasure to share your kind feedback with the team here and I hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back at some time in the future.

Oslo, Norway
Reviewed 5 May 2014

lovely hotel,staff in this hotel is brilliant everybody was very helpful and caring,was very happy with my room which was more than i expected!planed my trip in advance so found it very easy.will definitely stay again

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
rad_ed_npw, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian New Providence Wharf Hotel, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your lovely review. Our whole team prides themselves in ensuring that all of our guests are looked after and feel relaxed. It is always a lovely to see that this has been recognised by our guests. I will be sure to pass on your kind words to the team. I am also delighted that you were very happy with your bedroom.

It is wonderful to know that you will return to us on future occasions and it will be a pleasure to welcome you back. In this respect, please do not hesitate to let me know if there is anything I can do for you.

Stroud, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 May 2014

We needed a room in the Canary Wharf area and had read good things about the Radisson, but the rates had always seemed high. So when we saw a rate for £139 for a one-bedroom suite on a Saturday night when we actually needed to be in the area, we jumped at the chance (even though lower priced options around were available).

We knew we could park at the hotel (although later I did overhear someone say that the car park was full), but as it was the weekend we knew that if we were lucky enough to find on-street parking we could leave the car close by, which is what we did.

The lobby is impressive, as is the view of the O2 that the hotel has. We were checked in very efficiently by an English girl (which I only mention as I can’t remember the last time I came across someone English at a London hotel reception desk) and headed to our one-bed suite on the fourth floor. Our view of the next-door office block was rather dull, but the space the suite had was impressive and made up for any disappointment about the view. A large seating area, with a dining table for four, was a lovely area to relax in, although the size of the Bang & Olufsen television didn’t match the size of the room (I didn’t measure it, but it looked like a 32 inch screen and should have been a 42 inch at least). The reception of BBC1 and BBC2 was awful (see attached picture) and an odd problem for a high-end hotel.

The bedroom and bathroom were even more impressive than the sitting room. The bed was huge and comfortable, with plenty of space for luggage. However, the hairdryer is attached to wardrobe, the lead not quite long enough. In a hotel and room of this standard I’d expect to given a standalone hairdryer.

The bathroom was top notch with a bidet, separate bath and walk-in shower that was excellent (only one other hotel I have stayed at has had such a good shower).

We were meeting friends for dinner near Canary Wharf. The free shuttle only runs during the week, so as it was a Saturday our options for getting there were walking, or getting a taxi. We were happy to walk, although had it been raining that would not have been an option and it is about 15 minutes from the hotel to the central area of Canary Wharf. During our walk the conversation of hotel location came up. My wife really didn’t have a problem with where the hotel is (buried amongst apartments and an office), but I couldn’t see why you’d choose the Radisson over the Marriott or the Hilton, both of which are significantly closer to Canary Wharf.

On our return from dinner we decided to nip in to the bar for a drink, which is a decent area with good service. Prices are as high as you’d expect for a hotel of this type and service is automatically added to your bill (fair enough).

Breakfast was included in our rate and was good. Again, super service from the staff and my request for pancakes was dealt with very swiftly and without any hint of me being a pain for asking for something that wasn’t readily available. The buffet spread was wide (although no Nutella available that I could see – it’s a big plus for me when staying at Hilton properties) and we left well fed.

There is no doubt that this is a great hotel, but the location stops me recommending it over the Marriott at West India Quay. I’m sure the Hilton is also a good option for most, but I personally have still not forgiven them for the lack of free wifi and being so rude to us when we checked in when we stayed there a few years ago.

If you do choose the Radisson and you can get a one-bedroom suite, please do. It’s worth treating yourself.

1 Thank MrHandBaggageOnly
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us here at the Radisson Blu Edwardian New Providence Hotel and for taking the time to write about your visit.

I am so pleased you decided to treat yourselves and stay in our one bedroom suite to make your stay that extra bit special. It is great to hear how impressive you found your bedroom and bathroom. Also, it is fantastic to read how much you enjoyed your breakfast in our Scoff and Banter restaurant. It will give me a great pleasure to share your great feedback with our head chef and his team. Therefore I am sorry to hear that you have experienced problems with the picture on the TV. Thank you for bringing it to our attention. I have personally spoken to our Maintenance Manager who has is currently looking into this issue. I am also sorry that the hotel location was not very convenient for you.

Thank you again for choosing the Radisson Blu Edwardian New Providence Wharf Hotel, and I very much hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel in the very near future.

Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 May 2014

This was a great location, staff were very friendly and the hotel itself was very clean and tidy. The service offered was great i enjoyed my stay here and would defiantly reccomend this to anyone and would also stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014
Dear Guest,

I am very happy you enjoyed your experience. Our sincere thanks to you for your kind words regarding the hotel facilities and the service received by the team and it will give me great pleasure to pass on your comments to my colleagues.

England
Reviewed 4 May 2014

I've stayed in many hotels across the world and this is by far the best. From the amazingly friendly staff to the beautiful rooms I had the most wonderful experience. The afternoon tea was what stood out to me the most and is a must have for all guests. The cakes and sandwiches were delicious, I already can't wait for my return! I would highly recommend this hotel to everybody.

• Stayed April 2014
Dear Guest,

I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for taking the time to share your great experience at the New Providence Wharf hotel. Our customers are paramount to us and I am heartened by your kind comments regarding the staff and service you received at the hotel. I am also happy that you enjoyed our fantastic “Queen of Hearts” afternoon tea in our lovely Scoff and Banter Restaurant. Additionally, to read that we are the best hotel in London is truly fantastic and we hope we will have the opportunity to provide many more enjoyable stays.

It would be a pleasure to meet you in person in the future, and I hope you will visit us again soon. In this respect, you are very welcome to contact me directly to make the arrangements for you or if there is anything else I can do for you.

Best Regards