“A little bit outside but very nice” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Radisson Blu Edwardian New Providence Wharf Hotel

Radisson Blu Edwardian New Providence Wharf Hotel
Ranked #98 of 1,086 Hotels in London
Stockholm, Sweden
“A little bit outside but very nice”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

Radisson Blu Edwardian New Providence Wharf Hotel is very nice. The room we got was modern and clean. So was the bathroom. Breakfast was good, too. The hotel is not far from Canary Wharf. Often we took DLR from Blackwall, which is the nearest station, to Canary Wharf, and then the Jubilee line to the City and West End. The trip took about 40 minutes.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
rad_ed_npw, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian New Providence Wharf Hotel, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your lovely feedback. I am glad that you were happy with your stay with us. I am also delighted that you found our rooms and bathrooms to be modern and clean. Thank you also for your comments about our breakfast.

It will be my pleasure to share your kind feedback with the team here and I hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back at some time in the future

Best Wishes
Guest Service Team Leader

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (526)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Poole, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

Arrived at around 5pm for one night to celebrate our anniversary whilst we were in London for another occasion. We're immediately impressed by the striking foyer and friendly greeting. It got better when we discovered that we had been upgraded to a deluxe river view room, as it was our anniversary. The room was fantastic. The view was great, the towels had been arranged as kissing swans and there were rose petals laid out in a heart shape on the bed. We also had a wonderful complimentary pastry selection arranged on a plate that had been tastefully decorated with a message in chocolate piping. We had a spa treatment booked, but due to a technical fault with the steam room, we got a call to say this had to be cancelled. However, the staff at the East River Spa could not have done any more to ensure we got adequately compensated. We ended up with a treatment that was wonderfully delivered and whilst not what we were looking forward to, was very enjoyable and topped off by a complimentary glass of Prosecco. The car was parked for a 'reasonable for London' charge and the meal we had in the Scoff and Banter was good value and served by attentive staff. Breakfast was a spread that could have kept us grazing for two hours, but we just didn't have the time unfortunately! All in all we had a first class overnight stay that we will remember for a long time. The staff we encountered were entirely focused on making sure we had a great stay and that we would want to come back. They definitely succeeded!

1 Thank Salim W

Happy Anniversary!

It is wonderful to read how much you enjoyed your anniversary and we are delighted you chose our hotel for the occasion. Our whole team prides themselves in ensuring that all of our guests are looked after and cared for from the minute that they enter the hotel. We try to make every guest stay truly memorable whatever the reason for their stay. It is always a lovely to see that this has been recognised by our guests and the team are thrilled by your comments regarding their service. I am also glad you enjoyed luxury of our East River Spa facilities and our breakfast.

I do hope I will have the pleasure of welcoming you back on a future visit and please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of any assistance.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2014

I came to the radisson blu Edwardian for a dinner, we were greeted and treated very well. We were situated in a lovely section of the restaurant and had a nice view of the river. The service and attention of the staff was amazing, and thank Clare and Eduardo for their amazing service and managing a large group of people. Very pleasant evening.

• Stayed May 2014
      Cleanliness
rad_ed_npw, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian New Providence Wharf Hotel, responded to this review, 13 May 2014
Dear Guest,

What a lovely review you have left for us for others to see. Thank you so much.

It is fantastic to read how much you enjoyed your dinner in our Scoff and Banter Restaurant. We are very proud to be able to offer fresh, tasty and affordable British cuisine. It will give me a great pleasure to share your great feedback with our head chef and his team.
I am also so pleased that you found service and attention of the staff to be amazing. We take great pride in looking after our guests and it was our pleasure to be of assistance during your visit. Clara and Eduardo re particularly thrilled with your kind comments.

Thank you again for choosing Radisson Blu Edwardian New Providence Wharf Hotel, and I very much hope to meet you in the future.

Thessaloniki Region, Greece
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2014

We stayed in Radisson for 2 nights and it was an amazing experience. The room and the bathroom were spacious and clean, the bed and the sheets clean as well. The receptionists were very polite and helped us find the nearest tube station (Canary Wharf), wchich is 10-15' walk but we preferred to use DLR (Blackwall station) which was nearer, only 5-7' walk. Delicious breakfast with variety of dishes to choose from (even served Greek yoghurt, which I -being Greek- thought of as an unusual and pleasant surprise). Overall, Radisson is a choice I would happily make again, should I come to London.

Room Tip: All rooms seem spacious.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting review of your stay at the Radisson Blu Edwardian NPW Hotel. I am extremely pleased to hear that you found our rooms spacious and clean and our staff to be very polite. Thank you also for your lovely comments with regards to our breakfast I will pass them on to our Head Chef. I am also happy that hotel location was convenient for you.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2014

I love East River Spa!

Radisson Blu Edwardian (Canary Wharf) is one of my favourite hotel, I love the East River Spa and have been visiting regularly over the past 6 years. A lovely spa, very nice facilities, the steam room, sauna and relaxation room are amazing!

Staff are extremely helpful and friendly specially Samantha Thompson (Beauty and Holistic Therapist). I recently had treatment (body massage) with a friend, both of us were so relaxed and stress free! It was very personalised treatment which my friend and I enjoyed very much. Thank you Sam. I am looking forward to my next visit in June with 3 more friends.

On a different note, I noticed the floors in the changing room and relaxation room (and outside of the rubbish bin next to the drinking facilities) were not cleaned as much as they used to be but not a big problem, as rest of the facilities are superb this is a minor fault. Management please address this problem.

I always recommend EAST RIVER SPA to friends and family and as for me I wouldn't go nowhere else but this Spa. Love it!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your lovely review and thank you for continuing to choose the New Providence Wharf Hotel. It is our pleasure to be able to provide enjoyable stays time and time again and we would like to take the opportunity to thank you for your on-going loyalty.

I am delighted you enjoyed the experience and appreciated the luxury of the East River Spa. I’m particularly pleased to learn of your appreciation for very personalised treatment. Samantha is particularly thrilled with your very kind comments!
I would like to apologise for the issues you had with cleanliness of the Spa floors. Thank you so much for your feedback and I will be sure to pass this on to our Head Housekeeper.

Thank you again for your lovely comments and we hope to welcome you back in the near future to experience again pure luxury stay at our hotel.

Brighton, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014

We stayed here for 3 nights over a bank holiday weekend. Overall we had a very relaxing and comfortable stay. The majority of staff were very nice and the room was great, however, we found the guy at reception in the evening to be quite unpleasant and rather condescending.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave review of your visit to us. I am also happy to read that your stay was very relaxing and comfortable.

With regards to the service you received, we take great pride in looking after our guests therefore I am very disappointed to hear that you found our evening staff to be quite unpleasant. I can assure you all our staff has the best intentions. I am just so sorry that this was the experience that you had. Thank you so much for your feedback and I will be sure to pass this on to our Front Office Manager.

I hope you will be returning to London again soon so that I may have the pleasure of welcoming you back. Please do not hesitate to contact me for any assistance with any future booking.

kent
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014

Stayed over the May bank holiday weekend for my husband's 50th birthday. I booked direct through the hotel and had a great deal of £137 for an executive room. I emailed the hotel in advance and told them it was my husbands birthday treat. We arrived early to the hotel and were able to check in immediately. The room was superb overlooking the O2 stadium and the Thames. The bed was decorated with petals and 'swans' made from towels and a large complimentary box of toiletries which was a lovely treat. We had £15 worth of drinks so treated ourselves to a cocktail each. The bathroom was really spacious with the biggest bath which was lovely to relax in. We went out for the afternoon and on our return we found a birthday cake and dessert left in the room. We also used the spa services which were very good and the breakfast was plentiful with lots of choice. All the staff were extremely friendly and helpful and nothing was too much trouble. We were very impressed with this hotel and as regular visitors to London we would definitely stay again and have already recommended the hotel to a number of friends.

Room Tip: The executive room we had was superb with a great view. It was room 329
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on the site for us and we are very grateful for your wonderful feedback. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. It was our great pleasure taking care of you.
I am very pleased that you chose to enjoy your husband’s 50th birthday at our hotel and I am delighted that you had a fantastic experience. Also, I was happy to read all the little touches we provide were a success and that the service you received from my team was so well received.

I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel in the very near future.
In this respect, you are very welcome to contact me directly to make the arrangements for you or if there is anything else I can do for you