Radisson Blu Edwardian New Providence Wharf Hotel
Ranked #79 of 1,068 Hotels in London
Duesseldorf
“impressed”
Reviewed 23 May 2014

I was there for the first time and expected the usual Canary Wharf hotel factory. As I entered the hotel room I was completely overwhelmed: w-o-w, w-o-w, w-o-w. I had room 628, with a gorgeous view over the river Thames, the Millenium Dome is all lit up at night, what a view; you stand by the window and your jaw drops.
The bed was perfect, the selction of pillows was perfect, the bathroom a dream, and - untypical for a Canary Wharf business hotel - the staff was actually really friendly and made me feel welcome.
Summary: Guys, you got it all right, my stay was perfect. I'll be back.

Room Tip: get a Thames view
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Daniel B
rad_ed_npw, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian New Providence Wharf Hotel, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
Dear Guest,

I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for taking the time to share your fantastic experience at the New Providence Wharf hotel. Our customers are paramount to us and I am heartened by your kind comments regarding the staff and service you received at the hotel. I am also pleased you decided to treat yourselves and book one of our wonderful River View Deluxe Bedrooms. We think these are perfect for anyone looking to make their stay that extra bit special.

I hope you will be returning to London again soon so that we may have the pleasure of welcoming you back. Please do not hesitate to contact me for any assistance with any future booking.

Guest Service Team Leader

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (549)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Lincoln, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 May 2014 via mobile

We stopped for 3 nights whilst in London for a huge company global rally at the O2-the location was perfect, the staff we friendly, it was a modern, contemporary venue and we enjoyed the breakfasts and evening meal we had there! Thanks Radisson Blu!

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
rad_ed_npw, Front Office Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian New Providence Wharf Hotel, responded to this review, 23 May 2014
Dear Guest,

I am delighted to read your five star review.

Thank you for your kind comments regarding your three day stay whilst at the o2 arena. I'm pleased that you were happy with the location of the hotel to get to the o2 arena. Whilst we are across the river, there are so many options to get across in just above fifteen minutes.

If you are visiting again, please do not hesitate to contact me directly via the hotel as I would be happy to look after you for a second visit.

Swadlincote, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 May 2014

We returned to Radisson Blu at Canary Wharf after an incident with our car last time we stayed. We were greeted at reception by a young lady who has confident, professional and witty - a rare mix. We were fortunate enough to get an upgrade to a junior suit. Suit was great, bathroom huge. Only issue was a totally boggling light system.
Couple of rounds of drinks at the bar were extortionate. Watch out tip is put on the bill before you sign for it, and then it ask if you want to give a tip - however service is great.
Breakfast was as good as any hotel these days, though we did have to ask for orange juice to be refilled, beans replenished and they had run out of croissants - service was very good.
Great candy cart. So many good things and Emma was great, in the morning she gave us directions, maps, water etc. Would have been a 5 star if not for the extortionate prices at the bar the and hidden service charge and the breakfast had all been there. 5 stars for Emma, 4 for the hotel

2 Thank PontoonandDock
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your four star review. I am so pleased you chose to come back to the hotel to give us a second chance, and am even more delighted that both Emma and the rest of the staff treated you well whilst you visited. Hopefully we will now see you many more times at the hotel in future.

I am sorry to hear you felt the prices in the bar were too expensive, I have passed this to our senior management team for their review. I will also be speaking to our Food & Beverage Manager to ensure all the staff make clear the optional service charge added to your bill.

Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 16 May 2014 via mobile

Room - Clean and tidy. A bit too close to the apartment opposite, have to draw the curtains but then it a bit dark without ceiling light.

Shuttle services to canary wharf office is ver convenient.

Food is nice and staff is helpful.

Seems the door key will reset?! I have to go to the reception on a daily bias to reactivate the car. Felt very annoying after a long day.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your complimentary feedback following your recent stay at the New Providence Wharf. I am so pleased you found our shuttle on weekday mornings to be useful for your short visit.

I am however sorry to hear you felt the view from your room was unsatisfactory - for your information we do have blackout on the outer windows so the apartments cannot view your bedroom. We also have some lovely rooms overlooking the river which are not at all overlooked - I would certainly recommend having a look at some of the photos on our website and from previous guests posting on tripadvisor.

I would also appreciate if you could contact me directly regarding the problem with your doorkey as I would like to have our maintenance team check this lock if possible. I do hope to hear from you. Please do let me know if you have any future plans in the area as we would be delighted to welcome you back to the hotel.

london
Reviewed 15 May 2014

Magnificent upgrade and lovely treatment from all the staff, even before I arrived the booking staff on the phone (Anzelika) were friendly and helpful. The room had a stunning view along the river. We found a surprise Birthday cake in the room for my husband and were treated with warmth and generosity by all the staff. The rooms are very tastefully decorated (apart from the strange mesh torso sculpture?!) All very clean and great attention to detail (although as one other review mentioned, strange they have no biscuits with the tea). The bed was really comfortable and we had a great breakfast in the terrace, beautifully presented by again, extremely friendly staff. I would love to go back and if I do will try the restaurant in the evening next time. Thanks again to all the staff. (My husband wasn't too keen on the piped music in the spa, but I guess this is a matter of taste). For me, it was a faultless hotel experience.

A lovely, hidden location and and our time made so much better by the thoughtfulness of all the hotel staff we encountered.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind words regarding your recent stay with us and many happy returns to your husband. I am pleased we were able to provide something special for his birthday stay.

We are all delighted to hear you felt all staff were very helpful and friendly during your stay and do hope to hear you are visiting us again very soon. Please do contact me directly so I can ensure you are well looked after again for your second visit.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

Have to say a big thanks for the upgrade and the treatment from the staff. Had a slight slip up with room service, but the manager (Richard?) swept in to the rescue and made it all right;

Location - Its a stones throw away from Canary Wharf, so good for the business run.
Facilities - Restaurant/Breakfast bar are great. Gym was well equipped
Rooms - The suite I had was high class

Point for improvement - room service menu needs addressing. Nothing healthy or interesting on there

Room Tip: Aim for something on the higher floors for peace and quiet.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
rad_ed_npw, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian New Providence Wharf Hotel, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave review of your visit to us. I am happy to read such a lovely comments about our bar and restaurant. However, I am very sorry to learn that you had problem with the room service. I am glad that rooms service manager was able to sort thinks out for you. I do apologise for the inconvenience caused.

I truly appreciate your feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Lichfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Although a bit further from Canary Wharf than we have liked, the position over looking the water was great. Very nice bedroom and bathroom, comfy bed and pillow. The staff were outstanding best we have met for a while. The breakfast was very relaxed and the food nice, would deff innately use again.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for such a great review. I am delighted that you had a fantastic experience.
It is great to read you found our staff to be outstanding and we thank you for sharing these very kind comments with us. All of our staff shares a great passion for excellent customer service and it is so rewarding when this is reflected in our guests satisfaction. Also, our Head Chef will be delighted to hear that you liked our breakfast.

It was our pleasure having you stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back. In this respect, you are very welcome to contact me directly to make the arrangements for you or if there is anything else I can do for you.