“Radisson Blu Edwardian New Providence Wharf Hotel”

Radisson Blu Edwardian New Providence Wharf Hotel
Ranked #150 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Reviewed 25 May 2014

Excellent hotel in the east end of London dont let that put you off as there is a quick DLR link to central London and all main underground stations,so everything is close at hand,the hotel in question has been used several times by my family and I hope to continue to enjoy this excellent hotel and staff who are attentive but not in your face.

Room Tip: All rooms are excellent internally,some with great views across the Thames toward the O2.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
rad_ed_npw, Front Office Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian New Providence Wharf Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your five star review.

I am delighted you are a regular customer with the hotel and would be delighted to meet you personally on your next stay. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly for help with any special requests you may have in future.

There are newer reviews for Radisson Blu Edwardian New Providence Wharf Hotel

Reviewed 25 May 2014

Stayed for 1 night while visiting the O2. Location is good and getting to the O2 is easy enough, 3 stops on the tube or a 10 min, £15 taxi.

The room was decent enough however ours was let down by a view of a construction site. Strangely we were only given one bath towel, which we didn't realise until getting into the shower in the morning so too late to do anything about. When I mentioned this to the reception staff the only response was "I don't know what to do about that... sorry?". I expected better from a hotel at this price.

Our night's sleep was also ruined by an unexplained phone call on the room phone at 4am. I didn't have a chance to answer so I'll never know who thought it was a good idea to call but I can only assume it was hotel staff as we hadn't used the phone or given the number to anyone.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AndyM9873XK

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at the New Providence Wharf Hotel.

I am so disappointed to hear that you were not pleased with the service and facilities within the hotel - I can assure you none of our staff would be able to ring the room but we are available 24 hours a day so can investigate this for you if you tell us at the time.

I can only apologise that you only had one towel in the room - this is obviously an error on our part which should never have happened. I would be interested to know more about the person who checked you out so I could discuss this with them to ensure no future problems.If you could contact me with a description or name, I would really appreciate it.

Please do contact me if you are in the area in the future as I would be delighted to ensure you are well looked after on a second visit.

Reviewed 24 May 2014

Booked last minute for an event in the 02 and it was the best depiction we made. When we arrived we were greeted by Emma Adams on reception. Absolutely brilliant woman. She had us in stitches. She made us feel very comfortable. She told us of certain places to go and how to get to the 02 seeing as we hadn't been there before. Our room was gorgeous. Very clean. We had a fantastic time in London and the hotel staff made it so much easier as London can be a nightmare on times. We are already arranging another night there and I would recommend it to anyone who is going to any event in the 02

Stayed: May 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to add your comments about your recent stayt.

I am delighted you are already looking at booking another stay and Emma is thrilled you were pleased with the service. We're so proud as a hotel to have people like Emma working for us with such loyatly and genuine passion for making people happy.

If you would like any help with bookings in future or any special requests, please feel free to contact me directly. We can't wait foer you to return.

Reviewed 24 May 2014 via mobile

We stayed here to celebrate our 7 year anniversary, which coincided with a band we love playing the O2. Upon arrival the staff were fantastic; we were given a beautiful room with a view over the river, which was spotless. We ate in the restaurant and the food was lovely and reasonably priced. The hotel arranged our cab to the O2 as well! We've been here a few times and the welcome is never below expectations. I'd highly recommend this hotel :)

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
rad_ed_npw, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian New Providence Wharf Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Happy Anniversary!

We look forward to your next visit and please do not hesitate to contact me for any assistance with your future bookings.

Reviewed 23 May 2014 via mobile

Overall this hotel is a great place to stay if you are going to the O2. After the show you can be tucked up in a comfy bed within about 30 minutes!

I arrived in the late afternoon and parked my car in the spaces outside the hotel. Checking in was a bit of a frosty and lengthy experience. The details of my booking showed no breakfast included but my confirmation print out clearly stated that it was part of my rate. The receptionist finally agreed.

I had made a last minute booking via the hotel website and bagged a deal for a suite. The room was a great choice with a huge bathroom and separate sitting area, as well as a partial view of the O2.

A comfortable sleep after the show set me up for a good day. I was a bit surprised to see a note on my car the next day. Apparently you can't park - the hotel has valet only parking at a steep price. When it came to checking out it took nearly 20 minutes to get the car to the front door.

Breakfast was buffet style with a surprisingly good selection of hot items.

Overall well worth staying for the 02 and business in London.

• Stayed: March 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Radisson Edwardian New Providence Wharf for your recent stay in London. I am delighted that you liked our one bedroom suites and breakfast served in our restaurant. We thank you for sharing these very kind comments with us. However I am very sorry to hear about your problems with check in. I have personally spoken to our Front Office Manager who has is currently looking into this issue. I do apologise for the inconvenience caused.
With regards to the car park we have valet car park and every car has to be registered with us. I am sorry that that policy has not been explained to you on arrival.

Thank you again for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. If you are planning any trips to the local area in the near future and would like to return to the hotel please contact me via the hotel and I will personally make sure you are well looked after and that all your requests are met.

Reviewed 23 May 2014

I was there for the first time and expected the usual Canary Wharf hotel factory. As I entered the hotel room I was completely overwhelmed: w-o-w, w-o-w, w-o-w. I had room 628, with a gorgeous view over the river Thames, the Millenium Dome is all lit up at night, what a view; you stand by the window and your jaw drops.
The bed was perfect, the selction of pillows was perfect, the bathroom a dream, and - untypical for a Canary Wharf business hotel - the staff was actually really friendly and made me feel welcome.
Summary: Guys, you got it all right, my stay was perfect. I'll be back.

Room Tip: get a Thames view
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Daniel B
rad_ed_npw, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian New Providence Wharf Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Dear Guest,

I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for taking the time to share your fantastic experience at the New Providence Wharf hotel. Our customers are paramount to us and I am heartened by your kind comments regarding the staff and service you received at the hotel. I am also pleased you decided to treat yourselves and book one of our wonderful River View Deluxe Bedrooms. We think these are perfect for anyone looking to make their stay that extra bit special.

I hope you will be returning to London again soon so that we may have the pleasure of welcoming you back. Please do not hesitate to contact me for any assistance with any future booking.

Reviewed 21 May 2014 via mobile

We stopped for 3 nights whilst in London for a huge company global rally at the O2-the location was perfect, the staff we friendly, it was a modern, contemporary venue and we enjoyed the breakfasts and evening meal we had there! Thanks Radisson Blu!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
rad_ed_npw, Front Office Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian New Providence Wharf Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2014

Dear Guest,

I am delighted to read your five star review.

Thank you for your kind comments regarding your three day stay whilst at the o2 arena. I'm pleased that you were happy with the location of the hotel to get to the o2 arena. Whilst we are across the river, there are so many options to get across in just above fifteen minutes.

If you are visiting again, please do not hesitate to contact me directly via the hotel as I would be happy to look after you for a second visit.