Radisson Blu Edwardian New Providence Wharf Hotel
Ranked #143 of 1,076 Hotels in London
Reviewed 4 June 2014

This is one of the best hotels we have ever stayed in and is the only hotel we have ever visited more than once. This was our second stay and we loved every second of it. The staff are very well trained, polite and efficient. The bathrooms are the best we've ever had in any hotel, the beds are huge and so comfortable. We had breakfast at the hotel and I can honestly say it is the loveliest food I've ever been offered for breakfast! Stefan was our 'host' a super guy who showed us what was on offer (practically everything you could think of or want!). We had room service during our stay, and our food arrived very quickly, was piping hot and tasted delicious. The lobby is very impressive, the entire hotel is spotless and I cannot wait to go back here next time we visit London. I cannot recommend this hotel more highly - everyone should stay here!

Room Tip: Upgrade to a river view room if your budget allows.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
rad_ed_npw, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian New Providence Wharf Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your fantastic review. It is always a pleasure to receive such great comments especially from returning guests. I am extremely pleased to hear that you liked our hotel facilities. I am also heartened by your kind comments regarding great service that you experienced throughout your stay, I will be sure to pass on your kind words to the team. Stefan is particularly happy with your lovely review..

I am delighted to hear that you will be staying with us again. If you have any special requests for this stay or need any help with any future reservations please contact me via the hotel and I will be more than happy to help.

Best Wishes
Olimpia Scott
Guest Service Team Leader

Write a ReviewReviews (3,963)

Reviewed 2 June 2014

We stayed here for one night as we were going to watch Katy Perry at the 02 arena, the Hotel was fabulous the rooms and location was perfect overlooking the River Thames and you could see the venue from the Hotel. The staff where ever so friendly and even took a picture for us for our night out and ordered us a cab to the 02, could not fault the staff, rooms where clean and very tidy the most amazing bathroom I have seen!

We had breakfast the following morning at an extra cost, the breakfast had a wide range of foods continental and a full English Breakfast the glasses for the juice where a great size as normally when you stay at a Hotel the glasses are too small. The only bad thing there were no hash browns with the breakfast. The Hotel is the perfect place to stay if you want to explore the city! I would highly recommend.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
rad_ed_npw, Front Office Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian New Providence Wharf Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Dear Guest,

I hope you enjoyed the Katy Perry concert last week. I am pleased we were in the right location just across the river from the o2 arena. As you say, it doesn't take long to get across and we are available 24 hours a day to help with any directions or help with transport arrangements.

Thank you for your feedback regarding the hash browns - whilst they aren't on the buffet, the chefs are more than happy to arrange other items on guest request so please do ask next time. We would be delighted to invite you back and I hope to hear from you if I can help with any special requests.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

I stayed for two nights and booked due to convenience to the London City Airport Hotel. From check in to check out I had nothing but praise for the staff. We decided to upgrade our room and were delighted with our river view room we stayed in. The room and bathroom were bright, spacious and luxurious, we would have loved to extend our stay. We only had breakfast in the hotel on both mornings and were very happy with the selections of hot and cold foods on offer. Overall I highly recommend this hotel and would most likely return here when next going to London.

Room Tip: worth paying for upgrade for a river view room!

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your five star review. I am delighted to hear you were offered the opportunity of upgrading to the river view deluxe room - as you say, definitely worth something for the view.

Please do let me know if you have nay future plans in the area as I would be delighted to assist you.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

We stayed for 4 nights in total - the package was a decent value. We did get upgraded to a corner room (ending in 01) which seemed okay, but the view was of a large chimney and parking lot so it didn't seem like much of a upgrade view wise. The actual hotel staff was very friendly and helpful with directions. The water, fruit, and amazing candy cart in the lobby were all great perks. Breakfast was really great - would be nice if they served the items directly from the kitchen (i.e. pancakes) on the weekends. The central reservations office in Dublin was the only unhelpful employees I encountered (Daniel, the manager). I would recommend this hotel if you are doing anything at the O2 or are looking for a cheaper place to stay outside of city center. Ride into city center was easy - about a 10 minute walk to the DLR station.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind comments regarding your recent stay with us.

I am pleased you were upgraded to one of our king deluxe rooms for your stay, however can only apologise that you were unhappy about the view. We are more than willing to help our guests with the room they would prefer so I hope you had chance to speak to one of the team whilst you were with us.

I am sorry to hear you were unimpressed by the service offered by the reservations team - please do contact me personally if there is anything I can do to help with any queries you may have.

I look forward to hearing from you and hope you will be looking at staying with us again in future.

Reviewed 30 May 2014 via mobile

We booked this hotel via the Hotel Tonight app (use promo code GGEBBETT for £15 free credit!). As we ended up paying a grand total of £7 (not a typo! Seven pounds!) for our room through the strategic application of promo codes, we can't really complain at any rate, but the hotel was still brilliant!

At check in, our reservation had not yet come through from Hotel Tonight, but everything was handled professionally. We asked about the possibility of having an extra bed in the room and we were instead upgraded to a suite!

The room was flawless, although the bottled water did taste funny.

The hotel is a few minutes walk away from Blackwall DLR station, through a well lit underpass.

Cannot comment on food as all that I ate there was a complimentary apple. We avoided the £20 breakfast and instead walked 5 minutes to McDonald's by the DLR.

Mounir on the reception desk was lovely.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank George G

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your five star rating of the New Providence Wharf Hotel. I'm delighted to hear you got such an amazing deal for the stay - I'm pleased that whilst a technical error meant we hadn't received your reservation, we still dealt with everything to your satisfaction.

Mounir is delighted you were impressed with the service he offered, hopefully you will be coming back to see us very soon. I would be delighted to greet you personally and make sure you are well looked after.

Reviewed 30 May 2014

Stunning hotel with excellent staff and service. Mounir in reception welcomed us and went to great lengths to make our special occasion in London all the more memorable.
The hotel was spotless. Our river view room was beautifully designed and had a fab view of the 02, so an ideal place to stay if going to a concert. I genuinely could not fault the place.

Room Tip: River view overlooking the 02 is fab.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Kerry G

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your five star review. I am so pleased you enjoyed your recent stay with us. Mounir is delighted with the comments you have left and wanted to personally thank you for mentioning him. It's great to see the staff getting the recognition they deserve.

Please do let us know if you are in the area in the future as we'd be delighted to look after you for a second time.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

I stayed for one night with my boyfriend as we were climbing over the O2 during the day for his birthday. I had paid for a river view and breakfast meaning the room cost over £200. I emailed around a month in advance letting the hotel know it was a surprise visit for a birthday and I would appreciate if they could make the room a bit special for us (I had in mind a cake / bottle of wine) but when we arrived no acknowledgement of this was made at all. I was actually quite astounded that for over £200 a night all we were given was one complimentary bottle of still water...

The hotel itself is clean, quiet and beautifully decorated. The bar downstairs was nice and not overly expensive. The mini bar in the room was extortionate - £6.50 for a mini bottle of spirit. It cost us £20 in a taxi to get to the O2.

It was a shame that there were no personal touches during our visit as the hotel is beautiful but we were just treated as 2 people in a room rather than guests being made to feel welcome during our visit.

Room Tip: I was glad I got a river room as enjoyed watching the boats and seeing the o2 although did make it a...

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your comments about your recent stay.

I am so sorry to hear you felt like you weren't treated as individuals whilst you were staying with us. I can assure you we take our guests wants and needs very seriously and do on a regular occasion look after guests who have special occasions, as you may have seen on some of our other tripadvisor reviews.

Your email has clearly been overlooked somewhere so I can only apologise that we were not equipped to look after you in the way we would like to have done for your partner's birthday. I do hope he enjoyed the stay and loved the trip up the o2 (amazing views!) but please do contact me if you are in London in future as I would be delighted to treat you both next time.