Radisson Blu Edwardian New Providence Wharf Hotel
Ranked #146 of 1,076 Hotels in London
Reviewed 8 June 2014

This hotel is a distance from central London, but it was convenient for attending any event at the ExCel Conference Center. It is not within walking distance however as it's on the other side of the freeway, but still results in cheap cab fares getting there if the Aloft is booked solid. The room had great views of the river and big windows for lots of light if you want it and blackout curtains if you don't. Loved the bathrooms and tub in this hotel. The staff were extremely helpful and courteous. I give them two thumbs up!
I never used the TV and no idea if they even have a pool so may not be the best place for kids, and not a right location if you are sight-seeing London, but for business travel I thought this was an excellent choice. The restaurant and bar had great food. There is both a Tube and Rail stop within walking distance.
The only downside to the whole hotel was the stiff beds. I have no idea if any other hotels are similar but the beds were pretty hard compared to most in the US I am used to.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
rad_ed_npw, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian New Providence Wharf Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I am delighted that you found our location to be convenient for your trip to the Excel Conference Centre. I am also very pleased to know that you liked our river deluxe bedrooms, but I am very sorry to learn that you were disappointed because of the stiff bed in you room. Should any of guests not be happy with their room facilities we always encourage our guests to let us know so that we may rectified any issues as soon as possible. In your case we would be more than happy to provide mattress topper to make your bed more soft and comfortable for you.

Thank you again for choosing Radisson Blu Edwardian New Providence Wharf Hotel, and I very much hope to meet you in the future.

Best Wishes

Guest Service Team Leader

Write a ReviewReviews (3,963)

Reviewed 8 June 2014

Just returned from two nights in this hotel and it was absolutely fab. The hotel is great the breakfast was amazing. We only had a standard room and it was a good size and extremely clean and cosy. I am definately going back. It's near to two rail stations with easy access into London and ideally located for the 02 arena. The staff were all very courteous and friendly. I have no negative comments to make its a must for any holiday maker.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I am delighted that you found our location to be convenient for your trip to the O2. I am also very pleased to know that you liked our bedrooms.

It will be a pleasure to welcome you back on future occasions and please do let me know if there is anything I can do for you.

Best Wishes

Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

We have just stayed at this hotel & myself & my fiancé loved it!
As you walk in the reception looks lovely! Nicely decorated & I loved the lights & the big white stag!
We were greeted by a lovely lady at reception called Mieke who was very welcoming & helpful. We needed some tickets printing out for the show we were in London to see but she advised us the business centre printer was not working so she went out of her way to have them printed out personally for us & even hand delivered them to our room!
The room was lovely & spacious, nice decor, luxurious bathroom (I couldn't wait to use the big bath! Lol)
As I had purchased a deluxe package we were given a £15 bar voucher which we made use of later. We were also told we had use of the hotel spa however we didn't have time to use it sadly.
The bar was nice, we went after the show for a drink before bed, my partner was happy as he met a premier league football manager in there!
We had complimentary breakfast with our package too. It was delicious! Great selection of both continental & English breakfast stuff. The croissants were amazing!!
My only suggestion here would be to offer a vegetarian alternative to sausage, but even without the breakfast was lovely & we are both stuffed!
Checking in & out was easy & stress free.
All in all we were very happy with our stay. I would definitely like to visit again! I think the hotel was lovely & Mieke was an excellent member of staff!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your fantastic review you had left to share with others. It is always a pleasure to hear such comments and also including wonderful comments about our staff. I will be sure to pass on your kind words to the team. Mieke is particularly happy with your very kind comments. I am also very happy that you liked our breakfast. We receive many fantastic comments about how lovely it is, so pleased you thought that too.

I am delighted that you would definitely like to stay with us again. We hope on your return trip you will have the opportunity to visit our East River Spa and enjoy our wide range of available treatments. We look forward to your return and please do not hesitate to contact me directly for any assistance with future reservations.

Reviewed 6 June 2014 via mobile

Clean, ultra-modern hotel with a stern, minimalist aesthetic. The risk of blandness that goes with this kind of design was counteracted by some quirky artistic touches. Construction works in the surrounding area at the time of my stay made walking access less easy than it could have been, which was a minor downside. My only other gripe was that I couldn't work out how to use the voicemail system, and hence could not shut off the insistently blinking light that indicated a waiting message. Doubtless this was a courtesy call from the very pleasant and efficient staff.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Duncan G
rad_ed_npw, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian New Providence Wharf Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. I am glad that you were happy with your stay with us. Thank you also for your lovely comments about our staff. I am also delighted that you liked hotel décor.
However I am very sorry to learn that the hotel location was not very convenient for you.
With regards to the voicemail on the phone I am sorry you had difficulties to switch off the blinking light. Should any of guests need any assistance we always encourage our guests to let us know so that we can offer our help.

I truly appreciate you nice feedback and I do hope I will have the pleasure of welcoming you back on a future visit and please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of any assistance.

Reviewed 6 June 2014

After filling in a on line feedback questionnaire sent after my stay by the hotel a few issues were raised and the hotel has offered a free up grade on my room at my next stay! ( without my asking or complaining as such) so can't fault customer services so YES I will take their kind offer and return.

A few points ........ The hotel is lovely as they say you do get what you pay for the standard room rate IS £240.PER NIGHT!

Can't fault the service, bathroom was large and modern and I had a wonderful view overlooking the Thames

I didn't eat at the hotel but had a drink in the bar again the service there was good.

The hotel is really in the middle of nowhere! and a fair walk ( about 20 mins) from the nearest station east India bear this in mind if you have cases or the weather isn't clement!

The hotel reception isn't signposted very well and I got terrible lost going back late at night when it was very dark!

The hours that the food and drinks are served in the bar is very limited especially for a London hotel! also the room service menu is expensive and again choice is very limited.

They supply a nice range of towels bathrobes and slippers + soap etc my grip...... there wasn't any toothpaste and tooth brushes supplied in the bathroom.

It wouldn't be a hotel I would be happy to take, or see children in. unless terrible well behaved!

Room Tip: worth paying the upgrade for a river view !
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Radisson Edwardian New Providence Wharf for your recent stay in London. I am delighted that you liked your bedroom with wonderful view and that you found our bathrooms to be large and modern. Additionally thank you for your lovely comments with regards to our service I will pass them on to our team.

I was, however, very sorry to learn that the hotel location was not very convenient for you. With regards to toothpaste and toothbrush we are happy to provide them complimentary upon guest request. I do apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your valuable feedback with us. I do hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back on a future visit and please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of any assistance.

Reviewed 6 June 2014

We stayed here for our joint birthday weekend in London and upgraded to a room with a view (529) and we were not disappointed, it overlooked the O2 with views down the river from the bathroom. We were looked after exceptionally well by Emily, in particular, and every other member of staff we came into contact with.

At breakfast my partner asked for Nutella which they don't do so the waitress offered to ask the chef to make him some homemade choclate sauce and she even brought the croissant, from the self service counter, with it.

Now that;s great service!

Room Tip: Upgrade for a room with a view over the river.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Radisson Blu Edwardian New Providence Wharf Hotel. Our whole team prides themselves in ensuring that all of our guests are looked after and cared for from the minute that they enter the hotel. It is always a lovely to see that this has been recognised by our guests and the team are thrilled by your comments regarding their service. I am also very happy you enjoyed the view from your bedroom.

It would be a pleasure to meet you in person in the future, and I hope you will visit us again soon. In this respect, you are very welcome to contact me directly to make the arrangements for you or if there is anything else I can do for you.

Reviewed 6 June 2014

I've stayed here twice now and wouldn't hesitate recommending it to anybody. I love the location and both rooms I've had have been great. I recommend having a drink at the bar in the evenings when all the candles are lit, it's very romantic.

Room Tip: The first room I stayed in had wonderful views of the river and the O2. The second was a suite and...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
rad_ed_npw, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian New Providence Wharf Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Dear Guest,
r such a wonderful feedback. Thank you also for your kind words regarding our bedrooms and location. I am also delighted that you enjoyed having drinks in our bar – it’s very romantic, indeed, especially during evening hours when all candles are lit.

It was our pleasure having you stay and we all look forward to welcoming you back.