“Great location for O2 trip”

Radisson Blu Edwardian New Providence Wharf Hotel
Ranked #149 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Reviewed 20 July 2014

We also stayed when we went to the O2 for Monty Python - which was a great show by the way.
Reception and room staff were friendly, engaging, helpful and easy to talk to. The room was comfortable and I would definitely use this hotel again, and would recommend it to others. I hope to be able to use the Spa next time around!
One point - the Hotels.com directions were not great

Room Tip: You are under the City Airport flight path, so be prepared to accept there will be no peaceful lie i...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
rad_ed_npw, Front Office Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian New Providence Wharf Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind feedback regarding your recent stay.

I am disappointed to hear you found difficulties in finding us prior to when you got here, we will certainly be investigating the directions on all third party websites to ensure no future guests have the same problems.

I am however so pleased you were impressed by the staff whilst staying with us and do hope you were given all the directions you needed during your stay.

There are newer reviews for Radisson Blu Edwardian New Providence Wharf Hotel

Reviewed 20 July 2014

A nice hotel . Booked for the proximity of it to the O2 . Very close but not the easiest to get to from the hotel . It's a pity that there is no river crossing from near the hotel as this would be perfect . Made use of the valet parking which was good value .the only negatives that I can possibly say about the hotel is the corridors where very very warm , and although there is a nice machine in the corridor not really anything to put the ice in! The glasses in the room do not hold much ice . Overall a lovely hotel and would defiantly stay here again

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your four star review. I am pleased you made good use of the facilities of the hotel such as the valet parking at £14 per night. My apologies you did not have an ice bucket in the room as you normally should have, next to the tea and coffee facilities. Our room service team are available 24 hours a day and can deliver ice directly to you.

I do hope you will be returning to the hotel in future for any further O2 events, or visits for London. Please do let me know if you would like any assistance in making a second reservation.

Reviewed 19 July 2014

My partner and I stayed for just the one night, but what a night! All the staff were friendly and very helpful. The hotel is in an excellent location and the view of the Thames, with the sun glinting off it, was stunning.

Dear Guest,

I am so pleased to read your five star review. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay and I do hope you will join us again sometime in the near future. I would be delighted to hear from you if you have any special requests prior to arrival.

Reviewed 17 July 2014

My husband and I stayed here this week while we visited the O2 for Monty Python live (very disappointing but that's a different story!). We arrived very early at 12pm hoping they could store our luggage and we would have lunch before the 3pm check in time. Olga who checked us in was very helpful and friendly and told us that our room was ready and that we could check in early which was lovely after a long journey.

We had booked a deluxe river view room and were given room 329 which was beautiful. My only criticism and partly why I only gave 4 stars was the amount of dust in the room. The back shelf in the bathroom behind the toilet was thick with dust as was the sideboard below the TV. Also the bedside tables had cup rings on them which is really unsightly. I know this isn't the fault of the hotel but maybe they could put glass over the tops to stop this from happening.

We had a lovely lunch in the hotel restaurant sat overlooking the O2. We weren't rushed at all and the staff were very attentive and friendly. Just make sure you look out for the 12.5% service charge already on your bill and then you are asked for gratuity on top which I thought was a little cheeky! We also enjoyed a lovely buffet breakfast overall but I ordered poached eggs and these were as hard as rocks. You could see how overcooked they were and really shouldn't have been brought out. That was my only criticism. We were served by a lovely chap who was a credit to the hotel. I can't remember his name I'm ashamed to say but he had bad wrist if that helps!

The hotel seemed very quiet as we only saw a few other guests during our stay which was lovely. Overall the hotel is beautiful, the staff were faultless and we would only stay here again when we return to London. We might even treat ourselves and upgrade to a suite. Just please make sure that the dusting is more thorough as it let down an otherwise perfect hotel! But this aside thank you for a lovely stay.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank EMANDLEZ

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide such detailed feedback about your recent stay with us. It's a shame to hear you didn't enjoy the show over at the o2 but I am pleased to hear we helped to make up for that.

Our apologies for the dust in the room, we will certainly follow up with this as rooms are checked on a daily basis even if unoccupied and with the numerous amount of shows Monty Python have done at the O2 arena, we have been very busy so there is just no excuse for this.

I am so pleased you enjoyed the service offered by the staff at the hotel - we work so hard to ensure the continued motivation from our staff to provide the very best and we will continue doing this to develop further.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly should you have any future trips to the area, I would be delighted to assist and greet you personally for a second stay.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

Myself and my husband has just had a weekend at this hotel , it is truly amazing , all the staff were so friendly and helpful in every way, it is in a perfect location away from the hassle and bustle but close enough to walk into canary wharf for a spot of shopping or lunch, we went to a concert whilst there and I must say its a shame they don't do a boat over the river from just outside the hotel as that would just top it all, as the DLR is only two stops but this was not working so got the cable car over which was hair raising for me as don't like heights but again fantastic to say iv done it , but then after the concert we had to get a taxi back as the cable cars stop running at 9.30 and this took a long time as everyone else was doing the same thing , and was very expensive £25.00 but was worth it in the end as all I wanted was that cosy bed in the hotel room , I do recommend you hold back a bit and go for a drink to let the crowds go first otherwise you only have to que for a taxi

Room Tip: Defiantly worth booking a deluxe river view

Dear Guest,

Thank you for giving us such a glowing review. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay and were happy with the service provided by all members of staff. I hope you enjoyed the concert at the o2 as well - just a shame you were here when the DLR wasn't working. This does of course make it more difficult to get around but there are very few occasions when this is down.

I do hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel in the future, and I would be delighted to help with any special requests.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

I booked a suite as a surprise for my wife's birthday. We were met by Mieke, not only did she arrange a cake for my wife but arranged a bottle of wine to be sent up. Mieke's service was second to none

Room Tip: We booked a suite well in advance and the price was very reasonable.

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your five star. Mieke is delighted you enjoyed your stay, and of course the cake!

Hopefully you will be spending many more special occasions with us in future. I look forward to hearing from you regarding any future reservations you may like assistance with.

Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

Excellent customer service! Starting from reservations(Sandra who took a note that it was our anniversary and we had a lovely surprise in the room and an upgrade to deluxe business room), when we checked-in in the hotel we had a nice show round (I guess it was Ana who checked us in at the reception, must say great knowledge around the area and hotel) and bar staff was really helpful (Jekaterina manage to provide us with a great table at the restaurant which had a nice view to O2 stadium just before closing). Perfect customer service providing an extra mile for hotel guests! Thank you all - you made our stay

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Elīna K
rad_ed_npw, Front Office Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian New Providence Wharf Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Many happy returns on your anniversary. I am so pleased you chose to stay with us for such a special occasion.

Ana and Kate are thrilled at the compliments you give them and they look forward to your next staty with us. Please do let us know if you have any future plans in London as we would be delighted to welcome you back.