“Nice hotel but not as near to the O2 as it thinks it is. And VERY expensive!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Radisson Blu Edwardian New Providence Wharf Hotel

Radisson Blu Edwardian New Providence Wharf Hotel
Ranked #96 of 1,089 Hotels in London
“Nice hotel but not as near to the O2 as it thinks it is. And VERY expensive!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

Had no issue with the hotel itself. It was clean and the bed was very comfortable. The staff members were all very helpful and polite. The shower was amazing and really woke me up after such a long journey from the north.

It is very expensive though. You can get a similar room for half the price in Manchester. I know that it's London prices but I thought for the extra money there might be a breakfast or something thrown in. £130 for one night's stay alone is pretty steep. It is also about £5 for a pint.

The other issue we had was its location. It should look as though it is fairly close to the O2. You can actually see the O2 from the front of the hotel, but it is not a walkable distance. You have to get the tube or a taxi to the O2 - both of which are horrendous.

The taxi cost us £20 on the way there and £16 on the way back (?!?!?) and takes about 25 minutes. We should have gotten the tube but I'd been stuck on it all day trying to work out how to get to the hotel from Euston station (took a wrong turn somewhere.....best bet is Euston - Bank - Blackwell and then walk...sadly we found that out way too late) and so thought I'd treat myself thinking that it couldn't be that far away!!!

When we got to the O2 we noticed a Holiday Inn Express only a few minutes' away so I'd be inclined to stop there in the future for things at the O2.

As mentioned, nothing against the hotel itself (apart from the fact that it is very expensive) but it's not really that close to the O2 if you are planning on stopping over for a show.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
      Sleep Quality
      Cleanliness
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
rad_ed_npw, Front Office Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian New Providence Wharf Hotel, responded to this review, 24 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your four star review. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay and do hope the show at the O2 arena was good as well.

I am sorry you felt the night's stay was too expensive - our rates do vary on a day to day basis and we always try to remain competitive with comparisons to other hotels in the same area.

I was also sorry to see you were unhappy with the journey to and from the O2 arena, I hope you asked for a little help from our front desk as there is also the riverboat or cable car, both of which are alternative ways to get across the river which does not involve going under the river or getting stuck in traffic. My apologies if you were not made aware of all the options.

I do hope however you will consider the hotel on a future occasion as you enjoyed your stay. I would be happy to hear from you about any future plans you have in London so I can help to ensure you are well looked after.

Front Office Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (526)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Derby, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and I stayed here on 19-20th July 2014. He had booked the night away for us as a surprise for our anniversary just to give you an idea of the purpose of the visit.

Check-in: We arrived at around 10.30am (check in isn't until around 2pm I think) but we went to the front desk to tell them we had arrived and asked if we could park up and leave the car while we go into the town. The lady on reception told us that if there was a room already ready that we could check in. Our luck was in and we got checked in really efficiently! Please note that the parking is valet parking (we didn't know this until we got there, which could have easily been our own fault for not looking) which was fantastic! I heard a man complaining the morning we checked out as he didn't know this either and didn't want to leave his car in their possession. I personally thought that was a little over the top as the valet parking was super handy, they took really good care of your car, made sure they had all the details, including any existing damage. NOTE: the car was exactly as we left it when we got it back the next day.
There was also fresh iced water available upon arrival which was a nice touch for people that have just had a long journey! We were directed to or room. As soon as we got into the lift a member of concierge got in too and had a lovely chat with us, very friendly, and reminded us if there was anything at all we needed to get in touch with her. This made us feel very valued and seemed as though nothing was ever too much! After about 5 minutes in the room reception rang us to double check everything was okay. This was another very helpful and nice touch!

The room: we had a standard room which I thought was lovely. Perfect for a short city break. If you were there for a week there isn't anywhere to really sit other than a chair or the bed but I can't complain about this because we always spend as little time as possible in the room while in London anyway! The rooms however are very spacious and it never feels like you're on top of each other.
They are very modern and exceptionally clean and well maintained. Absolutely not faults. In fact having stayed in London many many times, this is the most comfortable hotel we have stayed in. There is hanging space in the bathroom, enough for us for the one night and probably enough for a couple of days. You could always take extra hangers with you if staying for longer than that but there is also drawer space to keep things too.
The beds are huge and very comfy! We both slept like babies.
We had a side view which overlooked the outside entrance. No view but again this didn't bothered us. If you are lucky enough to have a river view then it's beautiful, especially at night as you can see the O2!
There is so a mini fridge, very over priced but what do you expect in a london hotel? We didn't need to use it but did take advantage of the complimentary tea and coffee and if you want ice there is a nice ice box, glasses, champagne glasses and you can get ice from a machine in the corridor (or ring concierge)
There is also air conditioning which was a god send in the heat wave!

The bathroom: enough hanging space, modern and contemporary. It was nice to have a shower and a bath which a heated rail for your towels. Robes and towels provided were very clean. Complimentary toiletries were a nice touch including soap, shower gel, shampoo, conditioner and body moisturiser. Especially good for people like us that forget to pack shampoo! The shower was lovely after a very hot day sightseeing! There was also things like cotton wool, cotton wool buds, shower caps and glasses. Very spacious again.

Location: I've heard a couple of people complaining about the location of this hotel which I personally think is absurd! People need to remember that this is a vast capital city and that if you want to be on the doorstep of oxford street that you need to book a hotel right near there! You need to do lots of walking around london to see things, that's just how it is.This hotel, for us, is in a perfect location. There is a DLR stop right probably about a 2 minute walk away, you go under a large underpass but it is lot at night time, no problem at all. This is blackwall stop. From here you can get to Bank tube station which links the DLR with a lot of the other major underground lines. You also use the same ticket on both. For all of the central zones, on an all day ticket it is £8.90pp per day. Alternatively you can walk around 5-10 minutes to canary wharf tube and DLR. We walked there one morning and it's very straight forward, walk with McDonald's on your right then turn left over a bridge and you're there (just follow the huge banking buildings!) There is one bakery one restaurant and McDonald's, other than the hotel restaurant there isn't much else within the immediate vicinity but canary wharf has everything and more to could need for that kind of thing! To get I to central london via DLR and Tube it would take around 15/20 mins.
I can't say how long it takes to get to the O2 as we didn't go there but I imagine it's no huge hassle!

Check out: this was simple, we were charged £14 for 24 hours of parking, which we were told at check in. This is pretty average for london. Wen we checked out they let us keep our car there for the rest of the day without any charge. They also arranged for concierge to store our luggage. Very handy! When we came back around 5pm the staff efficiently bought our car to the front and arranged to get our bags.

All in all a perfect stay and if you're wondering what the only negative is... We only got to stay for one night! :(

We love to visit london regularly so next time we come we will definitely be booking this! Maybe next time we can check out the upgraded rooms too!

Thank you Radison for making our weekend even more lovely!

Stayed July 2014
Dear Guest,

This review says it all!

I am delighted to read such complimentary feedback from your anniversary stay. Congratulations, we wish you many more years of happiness. I would certainly recommend having a look at our higher class room and please do not hesitate to contact me directly if you would some help with another reservation. I would be delighted to welcome you back to the hotel personally and look forward to hearing from you.

Harborne, Birmingham
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

We were going to see Monty Python at the O2 on Friday evening with friends so we booked a king suite to enable us to have drinks with our sin and his girlfriend and our friends before the concert. We arrived at the hotel at 4pm to be told our suite would not be ready for another one and a half hours!!! We were given another room to shower and change in and decided to stay in it as all our plans had already been ruined. We had no time for drinks or early supper as the service was so slow. When we arrived back at 10.45 we were told there was no more food except for room service. After complaining again a very helpful duty manager called Jan served us room service in the bar but this consisted of uncooked baguettes and cold chips. I have never been treated so poorly in a hotel before and would not recommend anyone visiting the O 2 to stay there as it's so difficult to get to even though you can almost touch it from the hotel .

Stayed July 2014
3 Thank debs332
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback from a recent stay with us.

I know I spoke to you when you arrived at the hotel but would like to again apologise that your one bedroom suite was unavailable when you arrived at 4pm - as we guarantee check in from 3pm, I completely understand your frustration and would feel exactly the same as you. I can assure you we have reviewed the issue thoroughly to ensure no future problems of this kind come up, especially on such a busy day.

With regards to the room service you were offered in the bar, I can only apologise again about the lack of variety and thoughtfulness on this occasion. We are reviewing our late night menu with a view to offering a much better atmosphere and service on days where there is an event at the O2 arena, with lots of people coming back quite late.

I do hope you will contact me directly if you are back in the area so we can show you the improvements we make as we really do take our guests' comments very seriouslyto ensure we can develop and improve any shortfalls.

Stamford UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014

We also stayed when we went to the O2 for Monty Python - which was a great show by the way.
Reception and room staff were friendly, engaging, helpful and easy to talk to. The room was comfortable and I would definitely use this hotel again, and would recommend it to others. I hope to be able to use the Spa next time around!
One point - the Hotels.com directions were not great

Room Tip: You are under the City Airport flight path, so be prepared to accept there will be no peaceful lie i...
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind feedback regarding your recent stay.

I am disappointed to hear you found difficulties in finding us prior to when you got here, we will certainly be investigating the directions on all third party websites to ensure no future guests have the same problems.

I am however so pleased you were impressed by the staff whilst staying with us and do hope you were given all the directions you needed during your stay.

rushden
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014

A nice hotel . Booked for the proximity of it to the O2 . Very close but not the easiest to get to from the hotel . It's a pity that there is no river crossing from near the hotel as this would be perfect . Made use of the valet parking which was good value .the only negatives that I can possibly say about the hotel is the corridors where very very warm , and although there is a nice machine in the corridor not really anything to put the ice in! The glasses in the room do not hold much ice . Overall a lovely hotel and would defiantly stay here again

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your four star review. I am pleased you made good use of the facilities of the hotel such as the valet parking at £14 per night. My apologies you did not have an ice bucket in the room as you normally should have, next to the tea and coffee facilities. Our room service team are available 24 hours a day and can deliver ice directly to you.

I do hope you will be returning to the hotel in future for any further O2 events, or visits for London. Please do let me know if you would like any assistance in making a second reservation.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014

My partner and I stayed for just the one night, but what a night! All the staff were friendly and very helpful. The hotel is in an excellent location and the view of the Thames, with the sun glinting off it, was stunning.

Cleanliness
Dear Guest,

I am so pleased to read your five star review. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay and I do hope you will join us again sometime in the near future. I would be delighted to hear from you if you have any special requests prior to arrival.

EXETER ENGLAND
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here this week while we visited the O2 for Monty Python live (very disappointing but that's a different story!). We arrived very early at 12pm hoping they could store our luggage and we would have lunch before the 3pm check in time. Olga who checked us in was very helpful and friendly and told us that our room was ready and that we could check in early which was lovely after a long journey.

We had booked a deluxe river view room and were given room 329 which was beautiful. My only criticism and partly why I only gave 4 stars was the amount of dust in the room. The back shelf in the bathroom behind the toilet was thick with dust as was the sideboard below the TV. Also the bedside tables had cup rings on them which is really unsightly. I know this isn't the fault of the hotel but maybe they could put glass over the tops to stop this from happening.

We had a lovely lunch in the hotel restaurant sat overlooking the O2. We weren't rushed at all and the staff were very attentive and friendly. Just make sure you look out for the 12.5% service charge already on your bill and then you are asked for gratuity on top which I thought was a little cheeky! We also enjoyed a lovely buffet breakfast overall but I ordered poached eggs and these were as hard as rocks. You could see how overcooked they were and really shouldn't have been brought out. That was my only criticism. We were served by a lovely chap who was a credit to the hotel. I can't remember his name I'm ashamed to say but he had bad wrist if that helps!

The hotel seemed very quiet as we only saw a few other guests during our stay which was lovely. Overall the hotel is beautiful, the staff were faultless and we would only stay here again when we return to London. We might even treat ourselves and upgrade to a suite. Just please make sure that the dusting is more thorough as it let down an otherwise perfect hotel! But this aside thank you for a lovely stay.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank EMANDLEZ
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide such detailed feedback about your recent stay with us. It's a shame to hear you didn't enjoy the show over at the o2 but I am pleased to hear we helped to make up for that.

Our apologies for the dust in the room, we will certainly follow up with this as rooms are checked on a daily basis even if unoccupied and with the numerous amount of shows Monty Python have done at the O2 arena, we have been very busy so there is just no excuse for this.

I am so pleased you enjoyed the service offered by the staff at the hotel - we work so hard to ensure the continued motivation from our staff to provide the very best and we will continue doing this to develop further.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly should you have any future trips to the area, I would be delighted to assist and greet you personally for a second stay.