“Pricey but very well presented”

Radisson Blu Edwardian New Providence Wharf Hotel
Ranked #150 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Reviewed 17 November 2008

Stayed for one night Bed only (didn't take the £33.00 breakfast as its £6.50 a head just down the road at the IBIS) room was a techies dream. Bed was HARD but all facilities are new and the staff were very helpful and accomodating. The Free newspaper was not available as their delivery never materialised on the Saturday morning. We hadn't factored in the VAT addition to our website quoted booking price but that was our oversight not theirs
Stayed there to do a concert at O2 which is the other side of the river. D'oh. Taxi was OK albeit pricey to get there and back.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled with friends
1  Thank Magpiey80
There are newer reviews for Radisson Blu Edwardian New Providence Wharf Hotel

Reviewed 17 October 2008

Stayed here overnight when we went to see the Spice Girls at the O2.
The hotel has a great location, just outside of the reception area, you can look across the river over to the O2.

It is a very modern hotel in a fairly quiet location in docklands, nice clean rooms, good breakfast, there is also a spa but we did not have time to use it. All the fixtures and fittings are modern and contemporary in design.

Please note the hotel is not withing walking distance of the 02 but it is only a 5 minute walk to the local docklands light railway and then it is just a couple of stops to the O2

nice play to stay

• Stayed: January 2008, travelled with family
1  Thank cuddlyelephant
Reviewed 11 October 2008

lovely room, very clean and modern. Bathroom fantastic. staff friendly and food good!

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rooonan
Reviewed 6 October 2008

We stayed in this hotel when we went to see a show at the O2. The best thing about this hotel, as we discovered when we arrived, is it's proximity to the venue. However, we did encounter some huge problems with the hotel.
On the day that we were due to arrive, I rang ahead to confirm what DLR station was nearest to the hotel, which the staff told me. We arrived at said station, could see no sight of the hotel so rang the hotel back and they informed us that we were in fact at the wrong station. I asked how long it would take to get to the hotel, and was told it was a 15 minute drive away (we were already on a tight schedule to get to the venue on time). I asked the hotel to ring us a taxi, and was told (in a city centre hotel!) that this was not a service they offered and I could ring a taxi myself if I liked. I insisted that they ring one for me, and was told it would be 10 minutes (it ended up with a 25 minute wait for the taxi, making us very late).
Everything as fine with the hotel, we had a lovely room in the hotel and found breakfast the next morning very much to our satisfaction! But we then encountered more problems when we checked out. I went to pay using my credit card, knowing there was more than enough available to cover the cost of the night's stay. I was told that my card had declined. I asked them to try again, but when it didn't work, I offered a debit card to pay instead, as we had to get to the station to catch a train. When at the station I rang the bank to find out what the problem had been. they informed me that when we had checked in, the receptionist that had dealt with us had taken £100 from my credit card as a guarantee, without telling me that this would happen, or checking that this was ok. I have stayed in many hotels all over the country and indeed internationally, and have never encountered anything like this before. When I arrived home, I checked my bank account online to find a deficit of £460. I rang the bank again, and was told that all of the money missing had in fact been taking by the Radisson hotel. I rang the hotel several times to first be told that I had made a mistake, then be told that there was nothing that they could do, and then finally be told that it was in fact their mistake and my card had been used to authorise payment for a further 3 nights stay, something entirely unnecessary given that I was only staying for 1 night! Having spoken to about 8 different people (all claiming to be managers, none of whom could help!), and the general manager of the hotel, I am still trying to get a refund on monday morning for money incorrectly debited from my account on saturday, a very long time when there is no rhyme or reason for why the money was taken in the first place!
This seems like a very good hotel on the surface, but there is many problems with their front-of-house, reception and accounts staff and we will not be staying there again.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank vandrh12
Reviewed 29 September 2008

Stayed here April this year, rated it very highly, and had no hesitation in booking it again, but their standards are slipping, In my room (422) the curtain was hanging off the rail, several light bulbs were not working and there were strange stains on the faux leather headboard. You get no bathrobes (doesn't seem to be a feature), the tea and coffee selction is abysmal - regular or camomile tea and instant coffee, that's it , it was difficult to phone a colleague in another room (no instructions for the phone) and a message light winking which took some time to cancel out (it was a message asking for my input.) At the reception desk I heard a guest complaining that their remote control didn't work, another had left his credit card at the desk, and they had mislaid it. Come on guys, surely you can do better than this. it's a fairly new hotel, get your houskeeping and maintenance teams back around the hotel and fix these problems before they become major ones and I go somewhere else next time I stay in the Docklands area

1  Thank Andy M
Reviewed 20 September 2008

This hotel is a modern business hotel within ten minutes walk of Canary Wharf. It is found on the north bank of the Thames, opposite the O2 arena. Unless you are staying on business or wishing to attend a concert, I struggle to see why you would stay here. Having said this, the hotel is modern (Bang & Olufsen televisions in the room), clean and well proportioned. The restaurant is reasonable value however the hotel clearly markets itself to visitors to Canary Wharf with prices to match.

An enjoyable stay, but unlikely to be repeated unless I intend to travel to Canary Wharf.

1  Thank UK-Stu
Reviewed 8 September 2008

The hotel is brand new and first impression was great. Nice room, quiet and bit small. Bathroom very nice and very trendy. I went out to do some sports and so left things of value in the room and turned on the NOT DISTURB sign, so expected nobody would enter.

Foolish I was to think that house keeping would respect the NOT DISTURB sign. They went in the room anyway to make the bed and turned off the NOT DISTRUB sign. A couple of hours later when I came back the room was cleaned, luckily my things of value were still in the room, but very annoying.

I changed and went out for the night and put on the hen I came back late at the heating was changed from a nice and cool 20 degrees to a 26 degrees SAUNA which made it impossible to fall a sleep for an other hour or so. (the time needed to cool of the room). When I complained the receptionist said "we will inform house keeping", which I very much doubt they did.

The morning after this experience I had a flight from city airport at 7am, which is actually great since by taxi it's only 10 minutes. Never the less I requested a wake-up call at 5:15 and a taxi at 5:45. Luckily I set my own alarm, because I am still awaiting the wake up call from the hotel. When I complained the receptionist said "well it's marked in the book".

The radisson sais on there television system if there is any service you do not like you get your money back and now you think they make a gesture??? No way. Not that I was looking for refund, but the personel didn't even appologies, they just say we will inform house keeping or well your wake-up call was supposed to be done, since we marked in the book.

When you read this you might think I am picky, which I'm not. Luckily the cleaning lady in the hotel didn't fancy some extra cash or a nice expensive watch and luckily I set my own alarm and did not miss my 7 am flight. There are just little things that you can and that you can't do.

For a 150 pounds per night you might expect a little different service of the personell.

1  Thank a_traveler_from