“Great spa and great staff”

Radisson Blu Edwardian New Providence Wharf Hotel
Ranked #146 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Didn't get to stay in a room as the hotel is used by British Airways as there isn't an arrivals facility at London City Airport, so can only comment on the spa and restaurant.

Concierge was great, not too stuffy, pitched just right and I enjoyed chatting to him which is unusual for me as I tend to find them too wooden or perhaps disinterested. Employee of the month I suggest!

The spa was very nice indeed, way better than Heathrow Terminal 5. I asked how long I could stay in the room and was told as long as I liked, a nice touch.

I was meeting a friend for a chat so went to the restaurant where I had a coffee, charged my various electricals and was left to mind my own business. No hassle, the ambience was great.

I'll certainly return and bring the wife for some spa treatments!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
rad_ed_npw, Front Office Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian New Providence Wharf Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Dear Guest,

I am so pleased you were able to make use of the BA arrivals service we hold for many customers flying into London City Airport. We love to meet all the different people that fly in each morning from New York so I am delighted to hear you will be returning, along with your wife.

We would be delighted to arrange some treatments for her, and yourself if you have the time, so please do contact me directly if you would some help with checking availability in the spa.

Front Office Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (3,928)

Reviewed 3 August 2014

I stayed here during the weekend with my partner. I have never stayed at Radisson before, however after our experience I think Radisson will definitely be top of the list. Firstly, I would like to give thanks to the lovely Ana and Rima for their wonderful hospitality. They were very helpful and polite young ladies despite being so busy, they never failed to smile throughout. Thank you ever so much for looking after us. Secondly, our room was breathtakingly gorgeous. The views, the standard of the room was just perfect. Thirdly I would like to say that I have read a few of the reviews and I completely disagree. The hotel itself is modern, the staff are brilliant. The rooms are stunning and lastly the location is not the best, but the river outside makes it perfect. I think it's unfair to fault this hotel, it is the best one I have stayed in by far. Thank you to Radisson for a great weekend.

• Stayed: August 2014
2  Thank Sonia_scorpio

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for such fantastic feedback. Both Ana and Rima are delighted you remembered them from your stay and are already looking forward to the next time you will stay with us.

I do hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back very soon. If there is anything I can do to help arrange your trip, please do not hesitate to contact me via the hotel.

Reviewed 2 August 2014

We stayed here for the penultimate Monty Python show at the O2 with friends, as we mistakenly thought it would be easy to get to and from the show! We found this hotel very poor! It is poorly positioned, and a long trek on the tube from Central London where my son and I were shopping. Then it was a difficult walk from East India tube as the hotel is surrounded by a building site and although you could see the hotel, you just couldn't work out how to get round! So much so, that we had 2 fairly expensive taxi rides to the O2! The rooms were poky, and we looked out onto the building site, and no breakfast included either. As it was over 31 degrees that day, we sat on the river terrace before we had to leave for the show, and the service there was an absolute joke and so slow. We came back to the hotel around 11pm having had no food due to the busyness of the O2 outlets to find the bar almost in lock down, with no option to sit on the terrace, and no food!! We were given cold Panninis!
Don't be fooled into thinking this hotel is close to the O2, even though you feel can almost touch it across the river, - stay in Central London and take the jubilee line direct, it will be a hell of a lot easier!! And there will be places to drink and eat later in the evening too!
I won't be returning to this hotel as it's in an awful place, and the service is very poor!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank KMDBirminghamUK

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the candid feedback regarding your recent stay with us and our sincere apologies we were unable to make your stay an enjoyable one.

I appreciate we are across the river from the o2 arena therefore it can appear frustrating to look so close, but the quickest way is in fact a fifteen minute journey using the tube. Our concierge team would have more than happy to help with directions to the correct places so I am sorry you felt the only option was a taxi.

We are most disappointed to hear about the service provided in the bar and will certainly be looking at improvements to made in order to ensure there are no slow service complaints in future, as we are so pleased with the newly opened terrace in the Scoff & Banter restaurant.

I do hope you will contact me directly if you are in the area again as I can promise that I will look after all the arrangements to make sure you have everything you need.

Reviewed 2 August 2014

Great hotel. The service is always good as is the food and the atmosphere. The location is a plus too, being close to Canary Wharf and the DLR and tube line. The gym and spa are a real asset. Unlike most hotels I have stayed in the quality of the room service food is top notch. all together a great experience.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Hotels

Dear Guest,

I am delighted to hear such complimentary feedback about all aspects of the service we aim to offer our guests.

Thank you for your continued support and loyalty in staying with us so regularly. I do hope you will contact me if there is ever anything I can do to help with any future bookings you may have, and look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed 1 August 2014

Beautiful hotel, the place was spotless and the staff were extremely friendly. They went out of their way to be helpful and welcoming. The room was modern and finished to a very high standard.
The local DLR station and bus stops are under a ten minute walk away. We also caught the river boat at Canary Warf, which took us into the city centre for £6.
We stayed for two nights in July and would not hesitate to book this hotel again.

Room Tip: Ring beforehand and ask for a room with a river view
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your complimentary feedback regarding your recent stay at the New Providence Wharf hotel.

I am so pleased you made good use of the local transport - the riverboat is a perfect way to get around for a leisurely weekend, We do also offer packages which include the day tickets for the riverboat or tickets for the o2 arena express services on concert nights so I do hope you will be able to make use of the service again in future with our help.

Please do not hesitate to contact me should you require any assistance with a future reservation. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel very soon.

Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

Ladies weekend break in London. 2 nights 25th/26th July. Lovely hotel, polite and friendly staff, lovely air conditioned twin room and a
gorgeous breakfast. Will stay again at a Raddison hotel but nearer the city. Canary wharf interesting, took a water taxi into the city which was reasonable and an enjoyable trip.

Stayed: July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your five star review - I am delighted you enjoyed your girly weekend with us. I hope you had chance to use the facilities at the East River Spa, which are free of charge to all of our hotel guests.

I am glad to hear you will use the Radisson brand again, and do hope we can persuade you back with us sometime if you have any plans in the local area. Please do contact me directly if I can help with any reservations or special requests.

Reviewed 31 July 2014

You know what you pay for.Great quality versus price. I'm using this hotel all the time. Everytime the experience is the same. Some room as thames View. Like to use the good free Wifi. The space in room is very confortable.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Hotels

Dear Guest,

It is fantastic to hear from one of our regular customers - I am delighted you enjoy your stays with us and do hope you will contact me directly should you have any special requests on any future stays. I would love to welcome you personally on your next stay with us.