“Smart hotel and lovely, lovely staff.”

Radisson Blu Edwardian New Providence Wharf Hotel
Ranked #146 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 4 August 2014

My son and I like to treat ourselves to see a West End show each summer and this was one of the nicest experiences we've had. The journey to the hotel was pleasant on the DLR and the whole area was a revelation! We had a nice meal at East India Docks and had an easy 10-15 minute walk back. The room was smart, spotless and totally silent, if a touch masculine for my taste. Our favourite part, though, was breakfast (delicious!) sitting right by the river, opposite the O2, at a table selected by the waiter for its view after we told him it was our first visit to the hotel. All of the staff were lovely but Eduardo was outstanding. He was helpful, friendly and informative and particularly charming to my nine-year-old son, including boxing us up a couple of yummy muffins to take with us to eat on the train. After breakfast, we caught the boat from Canary Wharf to Charing Cross. I would love to go back to this hotel and have promised to take my husband next time as he's feeling a bit jealous!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
rad_ed_npw, Front Office Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian New Providence Wharf Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us at the New Providence Wharf Hotel. Eduardo is delighted you both your stay and is pleased you enjoyed the muffins. I must agree, the view from the newly opened terrace is superb looking across to the iconic o2 arena.

I am so pleased that you were happy with the location of the hotel, despite spending a lot of time in central London. Whilst we can seem a little hidden away, it does give us the advantage of the peace & quiet away from the hustle & bustle of the centre.

I would be thrilled to help with any future reservations - we do have family rooms available so please do contact me for any assistance for your next stay in London.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

I took my partner here to celebrate his 30th Birthday - we had a great time. The hotel is modern and beautifully decorated. The staff were all helpful and very nice. The whole experience was lovely and breakfast was great. The location was excellent - right on the river. Would definately come again!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Hotels

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your five star review. I do hope your partner enjoyed his birthday and I am glad we made the weekend so enjoyable for both of you.

I am pleased you were impressed by the location - as you say, being right on the river certainly has its benefits. And even if you haven't booked a river view, we now have the Scoff & Banter ready and waiting for everybody to enjoy.

Please do contact me directly if you have any plans in the area in future as I would be delighted to welcome you back.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

Didn't get to stay in a room as the hotel is used by British Airways as there isn't an arrivals facility at London City Airport, so can only comment on the spa and restaurant.

Concierge was great, not too stuffy, pitched just right and I enjoyed chatting to him which is unusual for me as I tend to find them too wooden or perhaps disinterested. Employee of the month I suggest!

The spa was very nice indeed, way better than Heathrow Terminal 5. I asked how long I could stay in the room and was told as long as I liked, a nice touch.

I was meeting a friend for a chat so went to the restaurant where I had a coffee, charged my various electricals and was left to mind my own business. No hassle, the ambience was great.

I'll certainly return and bring the wife for some spa treatments!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo

Dear Guest,

I am so pleased you were able to make use of the BA arrivals service we hold for many customers flying into London City Airport. We love to meet all the different people that fly in each morning from New York so I am delighted to hear you will be returning, along with your wife.

We would be delighted to arrange some treatments for her, and yourself if you have the time, so please do contact me directly if you would some help with checking availability in the spa.

Reviewed 3 August 2014

I stayed here during the weekend with my partner. I have never stayed at Radisson before, however after our experience I think Radisson will definitely be top of the list. Firstly, I would like to give thanks to the lovely Ana and Rima for their wonderful hospitality. They were very helpful and polite young ladies despite being so busy, they never failed to smile throughout. Thank you ever so much for looking after us. Secondly, our room was breathtakingly gorgeous. The views, the standard of the room was just perfect. Thirdly I would like to say that I have read a few of the reviews and I completely disagree. The hotel itself is modern, the staff are brilliant. The rooms are stunning and lastly the location is not the best, but the river outside makes it perfect. I think it's unfair to fault this hotel, it is the best one I have stayed in by far. Thank you to Radisson for a great weekend.

• Stayed: August 2014
2  Thank Sonia_scorpio

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for such fantastic feedback. Both Ana and Rima are delighted you remembered them from your stay and are already looking forward to the next time you will stay with us.

I do hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back very soon. If there is anything I can do to help arrange your trip, please do not hesitate to contact me via the hotel.

Reviewed 2 August 2014

We stayed here for the penultimate Monty Python show at the O2 with friends, as we mistakenly thought it would be easy to get to and from the show! We found this hotel very poor! It is poorly positioned, and a long trek on the tube from Central London where my son and I were shopping. Then it was a difficult walk from East India tube as the hotel is surrounded by a building site and although you could see the hotel, you just couldn't work out how to get round! So much so, that we had 2 fairly expensive taxi rides to the O2! The rooms were poky, and we looked out onto the building site, and no breakfast included either. As it was over 31 degrees that day, we sat on the river terrace before we had to leave for the show, and the service there was an absolute joke and so slow. We came back to the hotel around 11pm having had no food due to the busyness of the O2 outlets to find the bar almost in lock down, with no option to sit on the terrace, and no food!! We were given cold Panninis!
Don't be fooled into thinking this hotel is close to the O2, even though you feel can almost touch it across the river, - stay in Central London and take the jubilee line direct, it will be a hell of a lot easier!! And there will be places to drink and eat later in the evening too!
I won't be returning to this hotel as it's in an awful place, and the service is very poor!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank KMDBirminghamUK

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the candid feedback regarding your recent stay with us and our sincere apologies we were unable to make your stay an enjoyable one.

I appreciate we are across the river from the o2 arena therefore it can appear frustrating to look so close, but the quickest way is in fact a fifteen minute journey using the tube. Our concierge team would have more than happy to help with directions to the correct places so I am sorry you felt the only option was a taxi.

We are most disappointed to hear about the service provided in the bar and will certainly be looking at improvements to made in order to ensure there are no slow service complaints in future, as we are so pleased with the newly opened terrace in the Scoff & Banter restaurant.

I do hope you will contact me directly if you are in the area again as I can promise that I will look after all the arrangements to make sure you have everything you need.

Reviewed 2 August 2014

Great hotel. The service is always good as is the food and the atmosphere. The location is a plus too, being close to Canary Wharf and the DLR and tube line. The gym and spa are a real asset. Unlike most hotels I have stayed in the quality of the room service food is top notch. all together a great experience.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Hotels

Dear Guest,

I am delighted to hear such complimentary feedback about all aspects of the service we aim to offer our guests.

Thank you for your continued support and loyalty in staying with us so regularly. I do hope you will contact me if there is ever anything I can do to help with any future bookings you may have, and look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed 1 August 2014

Beautiful hotel, the place was spotless and the staff were extremely friendly. They went out of their way to be helpful and welcoming. The room was modern and finished to a very high standard.
The local DLR station and bus stops are under a ten minute walk away. We also caught the river boat at Canary Warf, which took us into the city centre for £6.
We stayed for two nights in July and would not hesitate to book this hotel again.

Room Tip: Ring beforehand and ask for a room with a river view