“A bit out of the way, but lovely rooms.”

Radisson Blu Edwardian New Providence Wharf Hotel
Ranked #96 of 1,090 Hotels in London
Hobart, Australia
“A bit out of the way, but lovely rooms.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2014 via mobile

Modern, clean, well-appointed rooms. The beds are particularly spectacular (up there with the very best resorts I have stayed at). The service is a bit average (front of house reception staff have a bit of thinly veiled attitude and certainly aren't interested in going out of their way to help). Breakfast was very good, but also overpriced. All in all, I would recommend, as long as you don't mind being out of the city by quite a way. Not only is it out a bit - but it feels it (suburb is very corporate and doesn't have much buzz or atmosphere).

• Stayed August 2014
rad_ed_npw, Front Office Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian New Providence Wharf Hotel, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us recently at the New Providence Wharf Hotel. I am pleased you felt able to give the hotel a four star rating despite the lack of our expected service from reception and the location of the hotel for your needs.

I would ask you to contact me directly regarding the staff members at reception as we do try our best to provide the best service possible. We aim to treat all of our guests exactly how we would like to be treated if we were staying away from home. My apologies this wasn't the impression you were given.

Front Office Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (536)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

Good location and overall service at reception. Rooms were lovely, and cost effective.

Our only gripe was the waiter called Dimitri and another waitress (blonde) woman at the restaurant. They were quite rude and you could tell they did not appreciate our late dining.

Room Tip: Inform the purpose of your stay at reception.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your four star review.

I am so sorry you felt you were unwelcome at the restaurant - this is absolutely the opposite of how we would want you to feel therefore will ensure to take quick action for any future guests. Our restaurant is open until 10pm for last orders and the bar is open until 1am with 24 hour room service also available therefore it is unacceptable for us to make any guest feel uncomfortable.

I do hope we can persuade you to return to the hotel in future, and I would invite you to contact me directly in order for me to ensure you are well looked after.

Johannesburg, South Africa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

I was given a room that looked into an apartment building. I should have asked for a room with a view of the millennium arena and I am sure I would have got it. I was just glad I got a room upon a very early check in (my colleague was unable to check in early). The room was very comfortable and well designed with good space. Excellent gym and bar and great restaurant. I would go back any time.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

I am so pleased we were unable to accommodate your early arrival with us, however apologies to your colleague who had to wait a little later. Whilst we don't guarantee check in until 3pm, we are more than happy to welcome our guests before that if we can. We will also access to the spa facilities for refreshing and will also store luggage to be delivered to the room for you.

I do hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you and your colleague back to the area in future - please contact me if you will be arriving early once again to make sure I add a request onto the reservation.

Ferrybridge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

We stayed in the hotel for one night, the room that we stayed in was fantastic. It felt really special and the facilities available were first class. All in all we would recommend this hotel for anyone wanting to make a night away a special one.

Dear Guest,

I am so pleased you were happy with the facilities and services offered during your stay and do hope we have the pleasure of inviting you back in future for another visit. For a short trip we have plenty to do in the hotel, with 24 hour room service, spa facilities available to all our guests as well as treatments if you wish to treat yourself.

We also have fantastic views across the river and great transport links only a five minute walk away. Please contact me if you have any future plans in London as we would be delighted to welcome you back.

Israel
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

We stayed here for two nights since we were scheduled to fly from City airport and wanted to see the Docklands area. Everything about our stay was perfect - great location, quiet, right at the river edge, lovely, well-appointed and comfortable room, very helpful and friendly staff, delicious breakfast with plenty of choice, dining room with views over the river, all the main points of the area in easy walking distance including the light railway. We got a very good deal, including breakfast, by booking directly through the hotel about a month in advance.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

I am so pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay in the Docklands area and do hope you are enticed to revisit sometime in the near future.

As you say, we are so well placed for London City Airport, just a fifteen minute journey from us, that we have many guests coming straight from the airport to stay.

I do hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel in future, and do invite you to contact me directly should you require any assistance.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

I stayed at Radisson Blu in Canary Wharf for a weekend with my boyfriend for his birthday. I selected this as it out of town for us but not too far, I also like the area. When we got there the venue was very attractive from the outside and a lovely woman checked us in, she gave us a complimentary drinks voucher for the bar after asking the occasion. She was making jokes and was honestly a lovely member of staff, very helpful, we had our car parked for us. With a price of £14 for 24 hours of parking, i was quite surprised by this. The room was overall clean but was missing slippers and the table tops were quite dusty. The view from our room was ok we could see some water, although the 02 was literally right across from us we couldn't see it and most of the building around as our room window was at an angle. There were only 5 channels, this was a bit of a disappointment as on a standard TV in a household free view is basic. There was no swimming pool as stated on the website I booked through so this was a disappointment also, there is only a sauna and spa facilities. When we ordered dinner and cocktails the food was warm, almost cold and the cocktails were vile, they were so strong we couldn't drink them. Breakfast in the morning was also basically cold and there was a very large egg shell in my egg which was shocking to say the least. There really isn't much to do in or around the hotel, you could go across the water or drive round to the 02 but that's not exactly on your doorstep. We had a 60 minute massage which I would have to say was the best part of our stay, they really knew what they were doing and it was so relaxing. It was like the staff were trying to do their best but some basic things were missed or there was some rushing going on over all. But it was a good small get away for us :)

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide such detailed feedback about your recent stay with us. I hope your boyfriend enjoyed his birthday.

I am delighted to hear about the service you received both on arrival and in the spa - I am sorry to hear you were led to believe we offer a swimming pool. I would really appreciate if you could contact me directly in order for me to have this amended. As you now know, we have no swimming pool on offer unfortunately so do not want to disappoint any future guests who may expect this.

I was also sorry to hear you didn't like the cocktails in the bar - I hope this was resolved by speaking to the bar staff for your drinks to be remade. As you say, we do always try our best and your feedback only aids us in improving our service levels.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

Lovely hotel in an excellent location for the O2. Hotel staff generally very helpful. Our room was beautiful as was the bathroom with excellent facilities including Wi-Fi. The only problem we had was with the valet parking which was frustrating and resulted in the parking fees being refunded.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your four stay.

I am so pleased you enjoyed your recent stay with us and do hope to welcome you back in future.

I am so sorry to hear of any issues you had with the valet parking at the hotel, but am pleased this was resolved and you were satisfied with the removal of the £14 charge for overnight parking.

Please let me know if you are planning any trips to London in order so I can look after your stay on the next occasion.