“Couldn't ask for more...”

Radisson Blu Edwardian New Providence Wharf Hotel
Ranked #88 of 1,067 Hotels in London
Edinburgh
“Couldn't ask for more...”
Reviewed 18 March 2009

Excellent hotel, fantastic helpful staff. No complaints about anything.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Alexish78
Neilduffen, Deputy General manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian New Providence Wharf Hotel, responded to this review, 24 March 2009
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to praise the Radisson Edwardian New Providence Wharf on Tripadvisor - it is much appreciated!

If I can be of any service with regards to future reservations, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Deputy General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (543)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
West Midlands
Reviewed 25 February 2009

My check in at the hotel couldn't of gone any faster or smoother. On arrival my car was valet parked at a low cost, immediately leaving me with no worries about having to pay a fortune for local parking nearby, and the doubt of any security if left on a street.

There was plenty of staff available during check in, often a problem at most places, but not here and check in was painless.

The room (a delux king) was just as described and pictured, often a false impression is given by marketing, but it was exactly what was described and pictured, and at a very good rate for a radisson in London.

Travel into the centre was no problem, with a train service only a 3 - 5 minute walk around the corner, and then a 10-15 minute journey into the centre, stopping about 4/5 stops.

We also had dinner in the restaurant and the service and food couldn't be faulted.

Many thanks to the staff and i'd definately stop again!

1 Thank gazp78
Neilduffen, Deputy General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian New Providence Wharf Hotel, responded to this review, 26 February 2009
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your kind review and may I say that I was pleased that you enjoyed your stay at The Radisson Edwardian New Providence Wharf so much!

If I can be of any assistance regarding future reservations please do not hesitate to contact me.

London
Reviewed 23 February 2009

I booked up this hotel for Valentines Day as my Girlfriend had a really tough year and I wanted to give her a treat that she more than deserved. I chose to stay in a deluxe room which was modern, clean and very spacious. I paid an extra 40 pounds for a river view and was not disappointed!! It was amazing at night to have the curtains open and see the o2 lighting up the river. The bathroom was fantastic and had probably the biggest bath I've ever bathed in. The service at the hotel was phenominal and they were always happy to help. An alarm went off in the room next to ours at 6:00am and we called down to reception who within 3 minutes, came up to turn it off. The buffet breakfast was delicious and I would definately stay there again.
Only bad point was that for authorisation the bank held full payment on top of my nights stay so for a couple of days it looked like I had been charged double what I should have, this all depends on what Bank you are with but do bare in mind if you are staying at this hotel to have more than enough money in your account but it all went back in 3 days later.

2 Thank JackAttack11906
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your kind words and I was extremely happy to read that the Radisson Edwardian New Providence Wharf had been intrumental in giving your girlfriend a memorable and romantic valentines.

In terms of the pre-authorisation on your credit card - this is standard practice and the money is only held as a guarentee - once you leave the hotel the money's are released but you are quite right to state that the release period does vary depending on which bank is being used.

I would very much like to welcome you back to the Radisson New Providence Wharf - please bear the hotel in mind if you are thinking of seeing a show at the O2 as we are the closest hotel to this superb venue.

Croydon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 February 2009

I found this hotel delightful. The reception staff were friendly, helpful and polite. The decor was pleasantly modern and neutral. The room was superbly comfortable and quiet. The bathroom was fabulous. And the room rate was very reasonable.

I'd definately stay here again.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank Hil1502
Neilduffen, Deputy General manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian New Providence Wharf Hotel, responded to this review, 24 February 2009
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts regarding you recent stay at The Radisson Edwardian New Providence Wharf.

It is always nice to receive a positive review of the hotel as we all so very proud of the product and service that we offer.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Staffordshire
Reviewed 18 February 2009

I travelled to London with my husband and my sister and her husband. We booked 2 rooms at the hotel (504 & 505) because of its location and the reviews on this site. We were watching a show at the 02 (Russell Peters) at the weekend. We are couples in their late 20's, early 30's. Just to put into context, me and my husband travel alot. We often stay at 4-5 star luxury hotels both here and abroad. I haven't to date been moved to write a review so this is a first.

First dealing with the plus points, check in was nice and easy. The decor throughout the hotel was modern and contemporary. The bedrooms/bathrooms were a reasonable size for London although the view from both rooms left alot to be desired! checking out was fairly simple although we had to wait abit.

Now dealing with the negatives. A modern clean hotel does make not a 4 star. The service throughout our stay was appalling. Firstly, dealing with the night of our arrival, we drove to the hotel and having decided that the best way for us to travel to the 02 was by car, we asked reception, the concierge and security as we were leaving the carpark for directions. No one could provide directions! For a hotel that markets itself as being in close proximity to the 02, it clearly needs to get its act together.

However, my main gripe was the breakfast! This was served from 7.30-10.30am. We came down at 10.00. We waited for someone to show us to our seating area. The lady at the front continued to talk into her mouthpiece for what seemed like ages whilst we waited. She eventually showed us to a table overlooking the river and told us someone will be coming to take our tea/coffee order. The table she showed us to had not been cleared away. There was a used coffee? cup on the table where my brother in law was sat. We could see at least 3 members of staff milling about .We waited for approx 10 mins for someone to come over and take our drinks order before eventually giving up and walking to the hot buffet. Their were no hot plates! there was a good variety however, my sister wanted a fried egg and had to wait because no one had bother to re fill the tray. We sat down to breakfast and seeing their was no margarine/butter in the buffet area or on our table, we asked a staff member. She disappeared and failed to come back to us at all. We then proceeded to ask at least two other staff members to no avail. My husband eventually got up and spoke to the lady at the front who picked two small margarine plates of another table and handed them to him. our coffee was served after we had finished breakfast.

We then went back to our room to have a shower having requested late checkout (which was extended to 1pm). The water was at best lukewarm. We rang reception who sent someone up to check. He having checked agreed and told us that the problem was the hot water was sourced from outside and he would go and speak to them and then revert back to us. We waited for 20 mins and then called reception who told us the boiler needed 20 mins to heat up and and we should then try again. 2mins later our room buzzer went and the male returned to tell us that the problem will take 20 mins to resolve and we should then try again! By this point we'd had enough and just wanted to leave. We did intend to book some treatments at the spa but following our experience with the shower we decided to give it a miss!

Lets say I will not be staying at the Raddison anytime soon.

1 Thank earth150
Neilduffen, Deputy General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian New Providence Wharf Hotel, responded to this review, 24 February 2009
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to share your concerns during your recent visit to London. All comments - positive and negative are welcome and valuable.

In terms of the poor breakfast service that you have received - may I assure you that I have personally addressed this with the Breakfast team so they can take the necessary steps to ensure that it does not reoccurr.

Please accpet my sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused.

I would be grateful if you would contact me prior to your next visit to London so I may have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Radisson Ewardian New Providence Wharf.

Kind regards
Ascot, Berkshire
Reviewed 11 February 2009

I recently stayed at the Radisson for one night with my sister as we had tickets to 'Strictly Come Dancing Live' at the O2. We were greeted by very friendly and helpful reception staff. Check in was quick and easy. Our twin bedded room was very comfortable and nicely decorated as was the bathroom. Both rooms were exceptionally clean. We didn't have an evening meal in the restaurant so can't comment but the buffet breakfast in the morning was very good - everything you could want was there. The bar in the evening had a nice atmosphere although, to be expected, bar prices were on par with the rest of the London hotels! I would definitely stay again if I had a concert/show to see at the O2.

• Liked — Cleanliness and friendliness.
  • Stayed February 2009, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank zsascot
Neilduffen, Hotel Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian New Providence Wharf Hotel, responded to this review, 17 February 2009
Dear Sir?Madam,

My sincere thanks for taking the time to compliment the hotel on Tripadvisor.

I was glad to hear that you had enjoyed your stay and that the team had made you feel so welcome.

I would very much like the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel and would be grateful if you would contact me personally when the occasion arises.

Kind regards
UK
Reviewed 8 February 2009

Want a good, newly built hotel, close to Canary Wharf and the O2 arena? And at a good price too? Then try this.

Only two years old and very modern in styling the NPW Radisson is a hidden gem. If you are a first time visitor you'll be escorted to your room, shown all it's features and then 15 mins later reception give you a call to make sure all is well.

Stayed on business for one night and will probably stay again next month. Didnt use all the facilities but the room was very comfortable, the bar area very comtemporary and the restuarant menu looked good.

If you are in Canary Wharf on business then arguably it is walkable if the weather is nice else it is a short cab ride or on departure take the free shuttle bus back into the wharf.

• Stayed January 2009, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Shaun L
Dear Shaun,

Thank you for your positive comments regarding your recent stay at the Radisson Edwardian New Provdidence Wharf.

I would be grateful if you would contact me prior to your next visit to the hotel so I may personally oversee the details of your reservation and perhaps have the opportunity to meet you and thank you in person.