“Fantasic Wedding Party”

Ranked #79 of 1,068 Hotels in London
London
“Fantasic Wedding Party”
Reviewed 10 May 2009

We stayed in Radisson Edwardian NPW in December for our wedding party. The River Room where the venue was held with its amazing view over the Thames and the O2 Arena was the perfect location for our special occasion. Friendly and very helpful Staff made us and our guests feel really special. Thank you All for the fantastic wedding party!!!

• Stayed December 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MagdalenaSmoczynska
Neilduffen, Deputy General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian New Providence Wharf Hotel, responded to this review, 15 May 2009
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful experience at the Radisson Edwardian New Providence Wharf Hotel.

I was heartened to read that you and your wedding guest's had a fantastic time and I hope you will return to us to celebrate your anniversary!

Kind regards

Neil Duffen

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (549)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Northampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 May 2009

My stay here over two nights was a wonderful experience to say the very least. Checking in was easy and friendly with the kind offer of newspapers delivered to the room in the mornings which I accepted with thanks.

The room was a wonder; huge bed, classy television and the adjoining bathroom was fantastic with its huge bath and even better shower.

I ordered room service on the second night and was very plesed with the speed of service and all aspects of the meal. Just down the road is a very pleasant Italian restaurant which I enjoyed on my first night.

Check-out was just as friendly and helpful as when we arrived. We needed a taxi arranging to take us to Canary Wharf station. This was done quickly and with a smile.

This modern hotel is a great all-rounder and I'd reccomend it to everyone.

• Stayed October 2007, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sean W
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind words here on the Tripadvisor website.

It is always gratifying to read that a Guest has enjoyed their stay and may I thank you for taking the time to share them with other Tripadvisor user's.

Northants
Reviewed 1 May 2009

We used the hotel for a special couple of days in London as I had already visited it in connection with my business. The welcome was superb; the rooms was described by my wife as OMIGOD - in the best possible way of course. We felt very good to be there and we will return. The air-conditioning was hard to control and we kept our windows open much of the time - overlooking the river and the O2 - but otherwise it was great - and superb value for such a high standard. The breakfasts were fine but the service was not top-level. We used Mini Cab UK for getting into the West End and South of the river - in a very comfortable (and reasonably-priced) Ford Galaxy - and they sent the same driver each time, which again made us feel special. Here's to the next time!

1 Thank PoppaH
Neilduffen, Deputy General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian New Providence Wharf Hotel, responded to this review, 3 May 2009
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for kind review regarding your recent stay at the Radisson Edwardian New Providence Wharf hotel.

It is always gratifying to read that our guests have enjoyed their stay so much - it makes everything we do seem worthwhile!

If I can be of any help at all with future reservations, please do not hesitate to contact me via the hotel.

Leicester
Reviewed 29 April 2009

We stayed in the Radisson Edwardian New Providence on 19th-21st April 2009 for my 24th birthday and an event at the O2, I paid extra for a deluxe room & it was well worth it.

The room was spacious & modern, with really trendy furniture & gorgeous bathroom. The Decor was really simple but gorgeous, there was so much space, even with a huge glass dask , modern chaiselong, 2 chairs and a big bed in the room. The bathroom is also very spacious and modern with separate bath and shower.

The hotel is about a 15-20min walk to Canary Wharf tube station (not 10 like it says on the hotel website!), it was nice weather so this didn't matter. I would recommend printing off directions to find the hotel if you intend to walk as we got a bit lost when we arrived and first tried to find the hotel. However, once you know where you are going the walk is enjoyable & there are plenty of bars/shops/restaurants in Canary Wharf to walk to.

We didn't eat in the hotel restaurant but we had drinks in the hotel bar both nights, prices & choice were very good, & service was great! We had room service breakfast on our last morning as a treat, it seemed expensive but we ordered anyway as a last minute luxury. Tthere was so much food, neither of us made a dent on the amount given and the selection they provided was huge & the breakfast was worth the money.

Views from the hotel of the O2 arena are amazing, and this is probably the closest hotel to it. (Although it does take some time to get there- it took us about 15mins in a taxi on the way there for £20 & 30mins via the tube/walking on the way back, as its only one stop away).

Although not near much, the area is peaceful and the rest of London is very easily accessible with everything being a maximum of about 30-35minutes away. It took us 30minutes all together to get to St Pancras Station and less than that to reach Oxfrod Street, including the 15minute walk from the hotel to the Canary Wharf tube station.

We couldn't fault the hotel; the staff did everything to make our stay enjoyable and were really nice, the room was gorgeous & probably one of the nicest looking/well finished hotel rooms I have stayed in. We went for a relaxing/romantic/fun few days of escape and I would definitely recommend the hotel for a couples getaway!

I will definitely stay in this hotel again!

Note: We had a really, really enjoyable stay in this hotel which I think was also due to the gorgeous sunny weather, walking to the shops / bars / restaurants / tube in Canary Wharf every day for 15 minutes was enjoyable rather than a chore. However, I'm not sure if the is would have been the case if it had been raining, it would have been expensive and more hassle to get around if the weather wasn't so nice. The hotel was amazing, but I wanted to emphasise the fact that you do have to walk/taxi to get anywhere: I will still stay at this hotel again though!!

1 Thank dizzybrunette123
Neilduffen, Deputy General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian New Providence Wharf Hotel, responded to this review, 1 May 2009
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your positive review of the Radisson Edwardian New Providence Wharf Hotel.

I was glad to read that your stay was very comfortable and enjoyable and that you enjoyed the view across the Thames to the O2 - it is particularly stunning at night.

As a point of interest - the hotel does offer a complimentary shuttle service to and from Canary Wharf during the week. The shuttle runs every twenty minutes in the morning and every thirty minutes in the evening.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to share your experience and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Kind reagrds,

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 28 April 2009

As a regular business traveller (and a regular of this hotel), I want a number of things
1. A hotel that is easy to get to. Ok, so not in the heart of Canary Wharf but a short walk and a shorter shuttle ride. DLR to City Airport/Bank also walking distance
2. A hotel that servies decent room service. Room service food is always very good here - steaks done as asked, food hot, good selection. Don't like the undisclosed tray charge, but its a fairly standard charge in hotels. Its hard to find the right button to press on the phone and sometimes it just rings and rings but all in all is good
2. A decent bed with decent temperature. Beds are fine, cleanliness is immpeccible, and recent room temperature issues seem to be getting sorted
3. A decent shower - not one of those things that you need to stand in a bath and contort your body under to get the miniscule trickle of scalding water! This one has a proper shower with none of the attributes above.
4. Quick check in and check out
I would have the following quibbles
- TV channels are not great, poor reception, not all are available
- Room service can be slow
- customer service can sometimes leave a little to be desired (e.g. lack of follow up on queries/complaints)
- gym is a little pokey and while never used pool it looks small for a decent swim
However, no hotel is perfect and on balance I would be more than happy to continue to use this hotel.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank thedarkone
Neilduffen, Deputy General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian New Providence Wharf Hotel, responded to this review, 6 May 2009
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your continued support for the Radisson Edwardian New Providence Wharf.

Thank you also for your balanced review of the hotel - it is good to know that your stay is always comfortable - and thank you for highlighting areas in which we can improve our services and facilities for our guest's.

May I assure you that I have personally shared your review with the hotel management team so they may investigate further and action wherever possible.

If I can be any help at all with regards to future reservations please do not hesitat to contact me via the hotel.

London/Derby
Reviewed 28 April 2009

This hotel is one of the best I have stayed and I have travelled around the world and have stopped at many hotels.

I am in London on business every week and I have tried several hotel until I stayed at the Radisson, and because the hotel has such a wonderful atmosphere and staff I have stopped there ever since.

Nothing is too much trouble for the staff, the room are very spacious and I love the flat screens TV in the rooms and even in the bathroom in some room I have stayed in.

Even the busy general manager Paul Duggan will find time to come and have a friendly chat.

I always recommend this hotel to my colleague and friends.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank Kingstone_9
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to post comments about your wonderful stay here at the Radisson Edwardian New Providence Wharf Hotel.

If I can be of any service at all with regards to future reservations please do not hesitate to contact me personally via the hotel.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 April 2009

My husband and I chose this hotel for it's proximity to the O2, but actually we needn't have bothered with worrying about this. Blackwall station on the DLR is the nearest station to the hotel, however once you emerge from the station it is a bit of a challenge to actually locate the hotel - a challenge made all the more daunting by the horrible neighbourhood (you are right next to Poplar, which is to be avoided!). After our arrival at the hotel I'd already decided that I didn't fancy coming back to Blackwall from the O2 after dark, so we agreed that we would take a taxi to the O2 (it then transpired that the Jubilee line, which services the O2, wasn't running anyway, so a taxi would have been our only option - other than a boat!!). So in summary ... if I were to be going to the O2 again, I would concentrate on finding a hotel in a nicer area and not worry quite so much about its proximity to the O2.

As for the hotel itself ... it was nice enough. The reception staff were helpful and the room was adequate (although very very limited TV channels, and the naked female torso on the wall was a bit odd). The breakfast I would say was only adequate.

1 Thank Kaz022
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at the Radisson Edwardian New Providence Wharf hotel.

I was sorry to read that you didn't find the hotel as convenient as we had hoped - we do advise all guests to use East India DLR as opposed to Blackwall as it is equidistant from the hotel, it is above ground and the hotel is signposted at East India.

The journey time from East India to the O2 is 8 minutes - one stop to Canning Town and then one stop to North Greenwich.

I would very much like the opportunity to welcome you back to the Radisson Edwardian New Providence Wharf and and if I can be of any assistance with future reservations, please do not hesitate to contact me via the hotel.