“Peaceful hotel, great to stay at for The O2.”

Radisson Blu Edwardian New Providence Wharf Hotel
Ranked #147 of 1,076 Hotels in London
Reviewed 14 June 2009

I stayed here with my husband and 6 friends on Saturday 6th June as we were attending a concert at the O2, we arrived half an hour early for check-in but this was not a problem and were immediately given our room keys....we had parked up just outside the hotel and so handed over our car keys for the valet parking, this was completed efficiently and when we requested our car back in the morning - we didn't have to wait longer than 5 minutes. We asked if we could have rooms next to each other but the receptionist said the hotel was full up so could not arrange this...although the hotel never seemed to have many people around. We then went up to our rooms and were pleased with what we saw, the room was spacious with modern decoration...the bathroom was extremely clean and had a lovely deep tub and walk in shower, the bed was comfortable and when we finally went to bed for the night - the curtains kept the light out of the room completely. The bar was very nice, pricey but then it would be the same at any hotel bar....it was relaxing and not over-crowded. We never ate in the restaurant at the hotel so I can't comment on it but we had a quick peek at the breakfast in the morning and it looked very appetising. We received a courtesy call from reception asking if there was anything we needed and not to hesitate to contact them if we did. We got cabs straight outside the hotel over to The O2 as the jubilee line was not running, this was £15 for 4 people which we thought was reasonable....reading the response from the last message where they will be laying on a ferry service over to the O2 would have been extremely helpful but at least we know for next time...as I'm sure we will return to this hotel. In the morning we went for a swim in the small pool across the road from the hotel - it also has a sauna and steam room, apparently there is supposed to be a charge for this but we just said we were from the hotel and they let us in for free...it has floor to ceiling windows and had a great view of The O2. We then went back up to our rooms got ready and checked out which was a quick and easy process.The hotel was really very nice and I would definitely plan to stay here again - the only downside was the jubilee line not running but obviously that is not the hotel's fault and as they have begun the ferry service this will no longer be an issue...We all had a pleasant stay and were happy with the hotel.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank californialover25
EmmaJayneAdams, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian New Providence Wharf Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your lengthy and complimnetary review of your stay at the New Providence Wharf Hotel.

I am sorry we were unable to allocate the rooms to be close together - perhaps if you stay again, you would like to contact me directly. If we know in advance, we can try to allocate the rooms before others check in so that those are held for you to be close to each other.

Kind Regards,
Jane Tones
Front Office Manager

Reviewed 13 June 2009

One of the best hotels I have ever stayed in! The staff are so polite and friendly, nothing was too much trouble for them, excellent location for the 02, and anything else was easy to get to. Rooms were excellent, with everyting you need whilst your away from home. Would definietly go back again......felt like I was royalty when I was there :)

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with friends
1  Thank ClaireWray
Neilduffen, Deputy General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian New Providence Wharf Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2009

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind words with regards to your recent visit to the Radisson Edwardian New Providence Wharf hotel.

I do hope that I have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future and if I can be of any assistance with future reservation's please do not hesitate to contact me via the hotel.

KInd regards

Reviewed 9 June 2009

I stayed in this hotel for 2 nights - we were going to see a concert in 02 the first night and sight seeing the next day and evening.

Unfortunetly there were planned closures on the DLR and the Jubilee line when we arrived we got lost getting to the hotel so ended up getting a taxi (this was no fault of the hotel but be check to see if the lines are running if you are staying during a weekend as they are doing major improvements for the 2012 Olympics). Check in was fast and efficient, with a my credit card number taken in advance for any room service or spa treatments. We were booked into a superior room on the 5th floor. The room was lovely, very modern with a large bathroom, unfortunetly my request for a room overlooking the O2 had been ignored (even the hotel appeared to be very quiet) but this did not matter as I we enjoyed our view over Canary Wharf,

The night of the concert we got a taxi back to the hotel from Canary Wharf - it was about £9 and this with a black cab - quite reasonable.

During our stay we didnt use the East India DLR but walked up to Canary Wharf tube as we found this line more convienient (about a 15-20min walk) and very safe although you have to cross a couple of busy roads,

We used Blackwall once and it was fine - I did not find this area intimidating at all.

Check out was again fast and professional - I was told the £100 they had taken from my account for room service charges would be refunded (slight grumble that they didnt mention they had taken £100 out of my account when we checked in!).

Conclusion is that this hotel is great for the 02 or Canary Wharf but if your looking to be in and out of the city I would stay somewhere closer. The novelty of Canary Wharf wears off after 5mins - all the shops, restaurants etc are all chain stores and you feel like you could be anywhere. I prefer somewhere with a bit of history and culture.

On a side note I notice the manager of the hotel reads these posts - in the welcome book in the rooms it would be useful to include some maps, transport links etc of the wider area - particulary with the planned tube closures this summer and the amount of guests staying in the hotel on a weekend for 02 concerts.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank gemmybear83
Neilduffen, Deputy General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian New Providence Wharf Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2009

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your positive review of the Radisson Edwardian New Providence Wharf hotel.

I must say that I agree with you, that on concert nights when there are engineering works getting to the O2 can be a challenge - and I am happy to inform you that beginning Saturday 13th June TFL will be running a boat transfer service from the East India Pier (adjacent to the hotel, 2 minutes walk away!) to the O2..

This will be on nights where the engineering works and a show clash, and will run every 5-7 minutes from 5.00-8.30pm and then at 10.00pm - 00.15am.

Getting to the O2 could not be easier!!

With regards to the content of the in room compendium - thank you for highlighting this and when we update the guide later in the year I intend to include a lot more information pertaining to the local area!

Once again, thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and if I can be of any assistance with future reservations please do not hesitate to contact me via the hotel.

Reviewed 8 June 2009

Unusual big rooms for London's hotel with great bathrooms, great staff, great food.
Staff very friendly even when I was stressed they had the patience to calm me down...

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank xeaglex21

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a positive review of the Radisson Edwardian New Providence Wharf hotel - it is much appreciated!!

If I can be of any help with future reservations please do not hesitate to contact me via the hotel.

Reviewed 4 June 2009

Excellent service and accomodation. Restaurant fair; drinks overpriced. Says it's "close" to Canary Wharf DLR "10 minute walk" but they lied. more like twenty minutes at a brisk pace. Actually a 10 minute walk to Blackwall station. Walk to Canary Wharf is along very busy highway and was scary.

Great views of Thames, especially at dusk. Would have been perfect if more convenient to usual Londo tourist destinations. Nowhere decent to eat except hotel without significant travel.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Freshisbest

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a balanced review of your stay at the Radisson Edwardian New Providence Wharf Hotel.

I'm sorry you felt that the hotel is a little isolated - but I must point out that apart from the superb hotel restaurant there is a nice Italian restaurant very nearby called 'Il Bianco' and a gastropub a little further along the river front called 'The Gun' - we all highly recommend both establishments!

For any guest not wishing to walk to Canary Wharf we do provide a complimentary shuttle service that operates in the morning and the evening Monday - Friday.

Once again, thank you for sharing your thoughts and if I can be of any help with future reservations please do not hesitate to contact me via the hotel.

Reviewed 1 June 2009

When we first pulled upto the hotel we knew it would be good. Staff are fantastic and very friendly. They simply can't do enough for you. They don't hassle you but you know they are around. The hotel itself was quiet. Well it was when we stayed. The rooms are a good size and not overly priced. We stayed for the Beyonce concert at the O2 and found it a perfect location. Just a short taxi trip away and that cost about £15.00. We are waiting for the next concert so that we can book another room!!!

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank dfull29
Neilduffen, Deputy General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian New Providence Wharf Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2009

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for sparing a few moments to comment on how much you enjoyed your recent stay at the Radisson Edwardian New Providence Wharf Hotel.

It is always great to hear that we have succeeded in our mission to make our guest's stay comfortable and satisfying!

If I can be of any assistance with future reservations please do not hesitate to contact me via the hotel.

Reviewed 30 May 2009

avoid this hotel at all costs. after driving for 4 hours the shift manager told us they had double booked so they sent us to another hotel 1 hour away in london traffic with most of the roads closed off due to building works. thearea resembles a building site not close to the tube network or city centre in an area that doesn't look very safe . next day the daytime shift manager Emile insisted that we return to the edwardian radisson or pay more to stop where we had been put by the evening manager, even though he had assured us we could stay put for the rest of our 3 day visit at no extra cost. staff at the replacement hotel told us the radisson regularly overbook and send irrate guests to them. so book this hotel at your peril. THE REAL LIFE FAULTY TOWERS. WE HAD BOOKED THIS HOTEL FOR MY HUSBAND'S 50TH BIRTHDAY WHICH WAS RUINED

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank archiem3

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for choosing the Radisson Edwardian New Providence Wharf for your recent visit to London.

I am sorry that it was necessary to transfer your reservation to another hotel for the first night of your stay. On the rare occasion that we have to transfer our guest's we do try to contact them in advance, but this was not possible in this instance as the reservation had been made on the same day of the arrival.

I must point out however, that the Four Season's Hotel is not an hour away from the Radisson Edwardian, merely ten minutes at the heart of Canary Wharf.

I was happy to note that upon your return to the Radisson Edwardian New Providence Wharf you were upgraded to one of our Suites and car parking at the hotel was compimentary, as well as breakfast for all the members of your party.

I can however, empathise with the frustration you must have felt and again, I offer my sincere apologies for this.

If I can be of any assistance with future reservations, please do not hesitate to contact me via the hotel.