Radisson Blu Edwardian New Providence Wharf Hotel
Ranked #146 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 11 July 2010

we stayed at radisson on 25 june to see Bon Jovi at the O2. From the minute we walked in to leaving the staff were excellent in every way at the hotel. we coudnt fault them and the room was great .

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
Neilduffen, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian New Providence Wharf Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2010

Dear Guest,
My sincere gratitude for your wonderful review of the Radisson New Providence Wharf Hotel - it is always wonderful to get such positive feedback from our guests! Now that you know how convenient we are located to the O2 arena, I do hope you will think of us for your next concert! You may want to get your night off to a fantastic start by having a cocktail or dinner in the Azure restaurant - it has stunning views across the Thames to the O2 arena that are breath taking!
If I can be of any assistance with regards to future reservations please do not hesitate to contact me via the hotel.
Kind regards,
Neil Duffen

Reviewed 4 July 2010

If you like a modern, convenient, clean & comfortable hotel the Radisson is a jewel BUT

IT IS A VERY NOISY HOTEL!!!!

The rooms are not fitted with double doors hence you get the door slamming, corridor discussion noise strait into your room......annoying in the daytime this gets out of hand at night and makes for sleepless/interupted nights...........

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank oliver042
Neilduffen, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian New Providence Wharf Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2010

Dear Guest,

I was sorry to read that you were disturbed by noise during your recent visit to the Radisson New Providence Wharf hotel - may I offer my sincere apologies for this. We do try to keep all noise to a minimum so our guest's are not disturbed but sometimes other guest's in the hotel are not so considerate.
I do hope that I have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Radisson New Providence Wharf and if I can be of assistance with any future reservations please do not hesitate to contact me via the hotel.

Reviewed 29 June 2010

On arrival reception staff were polite and welcoming, handling our check in efficiently, the room was well prepared, very comfortable with commanding views over the River Thames. The large bathroom was a particular delight, bright, airy and well equipped with plenty of soft towels. I have tried hard to find something to criticise, but have to admit I have been unable to do so.

1  Thank Holiday054

Dear Guest,
My sincere gratitude for your review of your recent visit to the Radisson New Providence Wharf - it is always nice to hear that all our departments are delivering on our promise of the best service possible to our guests!
I do hope on your next visit you will be able to enjoy dinner in the Restaurant or a relaxing massage in the Spa!
Kind regards,

Reviewed 27 June 2010

Very average hotel. There is very little in the immediate area for restaurants. The O2 and Canary Wharf are close but this hotel is priced as if it was in the middle of Canary Wharf. Staff was not particularly friendly. Overall, there was nothing bad - ie, clean, neat, nice health club, but neither was there anything that stood out.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank Sledz

Dear Traveller,
Thank you for your review of the Radisson New Providence Wharf Hotel. I am sorry that you felt that there was very little around the hotel in terms of restaurants, just to clarify there is a fantastic Italian restaurant and a Gastropub located very close by and with all the bars and restaurants in Canary Wharf on the doorstep there is a huge amount of choice! In terms of pricing we are always the most competive hotel in the area! What you don't get at the Radisson New Providence Wharf is the hustle and bustle of Canary Wharf, it is more calm and relaxing!

Reviewed 19 June 2010

The hotel is in a brilliant location for the o2, and the hotel is certainly impressive however we found the staff exceptionally snooty. Upon check-in and handing over my bank card just in case we wanted to put anything on a tab, the receptionist, who spoke terrible English said "your card is declined, you have no money in your account!"she said this very loudly and several guests heard this, I suggested she try it again as this was not true so she turned the screen around and ran the card through again, it went through without a problem this time so was clearly just a glitch but there was no apology and she didn't exclaim quite so loudly when the card went through!!! The room was comfortable and clean, the cleaner coming in in the morning was embarrassing as we had locked the door and were due to leave by 11 so why she had to come in then I have no idea!!! There was no apology she snottily said we should have put the do not disturb sign on and walked out!! Watch out for the bar too, we only ordered 2 cokes and were charged another 63p just to have them poured into a glass! I have stayed at 5 different radissons and have never felt so unwelcome at a hotel!

1  Thank Yorkshireblonde25

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent visit to the Radisson New Providence Wharf Hotel. I am sorry that you found the service from the front desk to be so poor and I thoroughly agree that any matters concerning a guest payment should be handled with the utmost discretion. May I assure you that I have shared your concerns with the front desk team so they may ensure that it does not reocurr.
I do hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Radisson New Providence Wharf and if I can be of any assistance with future reservations please do not hesitate to contact me via the hotel.

Reviewed 15 June 2010

I stayed at this hotel for one night before an interview at Canary Wharf. Overall, I enjoyed the hotel and the spa facilities helped me relax before some study, despite one of the steam rooms being out of service. My room was nice, clean, stylish and decent to work in, however my room had adjoining doors which, while not a problem, is not to my liking. The staff were friendly and the bar food was tasty (I returned for lunch the next day). I would recommend the hotel for the O2 and for Canary Wharf it's about a 15 minute walk I estimate or a short hop on the DLR. There is a shuttle bus, however as it was a bank holiday on my visit, this wasn't operating. Value-wise, I felt the room was overpriced but this is London I guess...!

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank karljhamilton
EmmaJayneAdams, Front Office Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian New Providence Wharf Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recommendation and I hope the interview went well.

i am sorry one of the steam rooms was not working but am glad you were able the other facilities in the East River Spa, including the gym, sauna and relaxation room. I would highly recommend booking in for one of the treatments if you do visit us again.

Please do let em know if you are ever returning to the area as we would be delighted to welcome you back.

Kind Regards,
Jane Tones
Front Office Manager

Reviewed 15 June 2010

Stayed at the The Radisson Edwardian New Providence Wharf because we were going to the O2 to see Rod Stuart. The room was very nice, the bar and restaurant very good and the service excellent. They did make one mistake - they accepted my gratuity on the bar and restaurants whilst adding an automatic gratuity. However they did refund my own tips once I informed them they had made this mistake. A good and quick response to a customer request..

1  Thank BrianofLondon

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking a few moments to share your thoughts regarding your recent visit to the Radisson New Providence Wharf hotel.
I was happy to read that you enjoyed your stay and if I can be of any assistance with future reservations please do not hesitate to contact me via the hotel.