“Amaz-ing”

Ranked #10 of 1,067 Hotels in London
Kingston, Surrey
“Amaz-ing”
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Fab. The hotel has a wonderful designer style right in the heart of London. The pool is lovely with great lighting and a bar. The best part of the experience was the warm and friendly staff. Hard to beat.

Room Tip: We had a room at the front of the hotel and found it very quiet.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
San Francisco, CA
Reviewed 2 July 2014

We loved our stay at the Haymarket! It is beautifully designed and perfectly located for a range of travelers’ interests. We had a beautiful room designed with great style with a wonderfully comfortable bed with great bed linens and pillows and a fabulous large bathroom. The room was a good size and had every amenity we needed. Despite the hotel’s location just off of a busy street, our room was very quiet and we were able to recover quickly from jet lag. The Haymarket is in a central location and we were able to walk everywhere that we wanted to go. When we have stayed in London in the past, we had to take cabs or the tube to get around so this was a very nice change. The gym is small but has a good collection of high quality equipment. The indoor pool is fabulous. Interestingly there is a bar next to the pool but when I swam laps, I had the space to myself. There are tiny lights (like stars) in the ceiling and you feel as if you are swimming at night. One of the best aspects of the hotel though was the staff. They were universally helpful, knowledgeable, and friendly. The concierge (Shig) was especially helpful and he recommended fantastic restaurants (Opera Tavern, Nopi and Amaya) in accordance with our described tastes and interests and was able to get us reservations even when they were fully booked. I am a bit of a foodie so I appreciated being able to discuss the menus and the food at various restaurants I had researched with a knowledgeable concierge. The food at the hotel restaurant (Brumus) at breakfast was very good too. I just wish we had been able to stay longer-- we can’t wait to return!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank DiscerningTraveler99
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Haymarket Hotel is a chic, trendy, comfortable oasis right in the heart of London. Truly one of the best hotel experiences I've ever had. My six month old son and I tagged along while my husband had a business trip to London, and we were treated like royalty at this stunning hotel property. Our room was beautifully and uniquely decorated, and no detail was overlooked. Staff could not have been more attentive or helpful. Also the BEST breakfast I've ever had in my life. Pricey but worth it... 5 star all the way!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Stamford, Connecticut
Reviewed 30 June 2014

The Haymarket Hotel is situated convenient to almost everything in London, provides luxurious rooms and lovely amenities, including a stunning indoor pool. We were thrilled with the huge bath, large room and gigantic windows, as well as the fitness center. Impeccable service and assistance. The breakfast menu was satisfying, but less so the rest. We walked to theater, Soho, Chinatown, Bloomsbury, Tate Modern, St. Paul's, and Harrod's; went running in Hyde Park and St. James's. Charming outdoor terrace for smokers or having a quiet moment outdoors.

Room Tip: Get a corner room for max view.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Nan F
Dallas, TX
Reviewed 25 June 2014

I have just returned from a stop over in London. This is a lovely hotel furnished in a soft contemporary feel. The rooms are large , well designed with every comfort from home. The Bathroom was roomy and the lighting was excellent for women who want to see themselves! I am very impressed with the food in the restaurant and the Hotel staff was so responsive to my needs. My daughter and I did work out in the fitness room and we enjoyed the facility. Large interior pool that we did not enjoy but it was very nice. All in all, we were all raving about the Haymarket! I'll be back
deborah_oates2000@yahoo.com

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Dallas_TXDebbie
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed 18 June 2014

We will always return to this lovely hotel, and even try their sister property in New York. The property itself is immaculately designed. As a residential interior designer, I appreciate the amazing work of Kit Kemp...not one detail was overlooked. We stayed in a guest suite offering lots of space, ample storage, and a perfectly appointed bathroom. The staff was extremely accommodating and friendly. The restaurant and bar offered delicious food and libations with thoughtful service. Our favorite feature was the library tucked away behind the lobby, offering an honesty bar in the evening. It was a great respite to come into and relax every evening after fighting the crowds in the city. I look forward to our next visit to London and most certainly our next stay at the Haymarket.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank jboothby
Vienna, Austria
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Came back here for a short weekend trip and was not disappointed. The staff are at the reception and the concierge are wonderful and very efficient, the rooms beautiful as usual. It almost feels like a hoem away from home. One small critique: the breakfast staff were a bit sultry in comparison to the kindness of all the others but again, I'd come back here anytime

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family