“Best hotel experience ever”
Review of Haymarket Hotel

Haymarket Hotel
Ranked #8 of 1,069 Hotels in London
Kerry
“Best hotel experience ever”
Reviewed 7 November 2008

We stayed at the Haymarket Hotel for 4 nights from Oct 17th and i have to say it was my best hotel experience to date. We have stayed in many five star hotels around the world including one and only resorts , four seasons etc which are great but you are just a number. At the Haymarket you feel at home , staff are exceptionally well trained , front desk check in friendly and very attentive to needs.

As we were staying for the four nights we inquired about an upgrade which we got on the second night for the remaining three nights as the hotel was fully booked on check in. Both our original and delux room were carefully designed and finished to a very high standard. Attention to detail is a major facet of this hotel and i could not find fault with any aspect of our stay.

Breakfast is very good , great selection and staff very helpful and professional. We had dinner via room service on one of the nights and just enjoyed dining in our wonderful room.

Concierge very helpful and knowlegable on restaurants and secured bookings for us on short notice, could`nt be more helpful.

Hotel location is great in the heart of the west end and within walking distance to most desirable locations, including covent garden and regent/ oxford street.

The hotel is a little on the pricey side given the offers that are currently out there, but on a value for money basis it is worth every penny. I could not recommentd highly enough this Hotel and will be returning in early 2009.

The only area that i thought could be improved is the speed at which you are intially waited on in the bar area, it was a liitle slow but once you had ordered service was fine from then on.

Looking foward to our next visit and thank you to the management and staff

• Liked — High standard of finish
  • Disliked — No bath in standard room
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Seasonedtraveller002

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
American in England
Reviewed 2 November 2008

Haymarket Hotel is exactly what I would expect for a "boutique" hotel. Upon arrival, we were greeted by very friendly staff, who went above and beyond to make sure we had everything we wanted and needed for our stay. We were walked around the hotel to be shown the bar, restaurant, library, indoor pool...wow! We paid the B&B rate, and had the option of having our breakfast delivered to our room at no extra cost to us.
Although it is a bit pricey, we felt it was well worth the indulgence...with the flat screen TV over the tub, turn down service, and EXCELLENT and friendly staff!
What a treat!

• Liked — Friendly staff and room ammenaties!
  • Stayed November 2008, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Traveling_Chango
Fort Lauderdale
Reviewed 22 September 2008

The Haymarket Hotel was a wonderful stay. It's expensive but worth the money. I was somewhat concerned from the pictures that the style was just a little too feminine for my taste - but once you are there, not at all. The beds and pillows might be the most comfortable I've ever slept in. The bathrooms were great. The service expectional. I stayed in a suite and there was plenty of space.

The service was top-notch. Common areas very nice. Everything is maintained at the highest level. The design of the pool area was quite amazing. The pool area is definitely more of a hang-out than 'let's take a swim', but that worked for me.

I would definitely stay there again.

• Liked — Provides an amazing setting for your time in London
  • Disliked — No dislikes at all
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled as a couple
2 Thank rljackr
Miami, fl
Reviewed 16 August 2008

I am an international business traveller and have stayed at many of the best luxury hotels in the world. In London I have normally stayed at the Halkin which I considered to be very good for London but not world class. After switching to the haymarket I have been very impressed by both the property and in particular the staff. Let me count the ways:
1) Beautiful décor attention to detail. The furnishings, wall coverings, fabrics, and colors are really well chosen. The resulting atmosphere is happy, bright, calming, and homely. I would hire their interior designer in a second is how pleasant it is.
2) Great beds and bathrooms. The bed was very comfy and clearly a notch above the standard king bed used in most London four star mattresses. The bathroom was large and very well designed and aesthetic with granite, white porcelain, oak and metal finishes.
3) The most hospitable staff. The staff here are very friendly. They remember you. You really get a sense they care and they are looking after you. They are also very friendly and always helpful.
4) Great artwork. The hotel has really nice artwork throughout the property which create an uplifting environment
5) Lounge, library and pool. All of these are terrific.
6) Good room service. The food was very good.
7) Everything works. London hotels are notorious for bad plumbing, badly designed shower doors, lack of well placed power sockets, etc. At the haymarket everything works perfectly and is designed for convenience. Eg deskmounted power sockets so you can easily plug in your laptop, walk-in closet with automatic lights, dressing area with well placed mirror. The design is well thought.

• Stayed August 2008, travelled on business
2 Thank Batman75
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 7 August 2008

We had a lovely stay at the Haymarket. Our junior suite was extremely spacious, with a wonderful bathroom, comfortable bed and a great location. Quibbles, of course, there is never any reason to charge the exorbitant rates for internet access. Never, it is ridiculous. We found service to be quite pleasant thought our stay and the concierge was wonderful. Another quibble, the day we had to check out our flight did not leave until midnight. I had told this to the concierge in advance and had asked him to make reservations for us for dinner and then arrange for a car to to take us to Gatwick. It turned out that check out was at 11 am, that is silly. We were allowed to keep the room until 1 pm. That was nice, what wasn;t nice was that when we came back to the hotel just to hang out, and the public areas are magnificent, nobody thought of offering us complimentary tea or drinks. It seemed that everybody else who was seating there was waiting for their room to be ready and they were showered with tea, cakes and pastries, but we, who had already spent a lot of money for a junior suite were already out of their minds. I did not appreciate that.

All in all, I will return to the Haymarket, the summer before that we stayed at the Soho and I loved it just as much, my husband prefers the location of the Haymarket. Really beautifull decor too.

• Liked — The space and the decor
  • Disliked — Chargin exorbitant prices for internet acces
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled as a couple
2 Thank IlViaggio
London, England
Reviewed 3 August 2008

My husband and I stayed here for a birthday treat and it was fabulous. Our room was huge, beautifully decorated with lovely finishes. Everything was spotless and all looked brand new. The lounge areas are comfortable and, again, stunningly decorated. The pool is fab. I can't fault it, actually.

Stayed July 2008
2 Thank SJStravel
Christchurch, New Zealand
Reviewed 1 August 2008

I had the good fortune to get back here within a month of my first stay. The second visit is always a little different especially if you had a great time the first go. It felt like coming home as I knew all the staff and again my room was ready even at 7.30am. I had a different room this time, a little smaller and on the first floor, which meant i was at eye level of the top deck of the buses that stopped just outside but no drama there.

once again the service was fantastic with the staff always willing to go out of their way to meet your needs. the location is great and I had quite a few meetings there and often came back during the day to rest up.

the previous reviewer raised some issues about the swimming pool being closed for functions. this happened whilst i was there also and i was a bit put out at not being able to hit the pool after a long hot day out. i did take it up with the GM, Lisa, who took it on board and made up for it with a drink and an extended check out on my last day to 6pm which was very helpful. It's worth checking with the hotel when you book as to whether the pool will be in use if that's important to you. they do offer free visit to a local fitness centre or there's always 1 Aldwych down the road. I'd still stay there next time and make sure i swim in the morning.

As to the cost, yes its not cheap but when you are there on business for 4/5 days the experience and convenience more than makes up for the extra expense.

I'll be back...again!

• Liked — The service
  • Disliked — When pool is closed for functions
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled on business