“Outstanding Martinis”
Review of Haymarket Hotel

Haymarket Hotel
Ranked #13 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Reviewed 22 July 2014

What a beautiful hotel. We went in for a drink after work and, as it was rather busy, we were ushered to bar seats that are not at the bar but set back so one sits facing the bar in a line with your friends (and other drinkers). It's very theatrical as you simply sit and watch the bartenders making cocktails, a bit like being at a 'Chef's table' in a restaurant but in a bar! The staff are uber attentive and I would rate this hotel as up there as one of the best 'non branded' in London.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for Haymarket Hotel

Reviewed 16 July 2014

We stayed here for our wedding anniversary & it was divine . Great location in the centre of London .We had a dual aspect junior luxury suite which was very comfortable & spacious. Although we were in the centre of London our room was very peaceful. I loved the pool it was a good size for a decent swim. We had a light lunch & dinner in the restaurant which were passable. Breakfast was very good as there was plenty of choice.Excellent service. The interior design was most interesting, I felt I had spent the weekend inhabiting a great work of art.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 July 2014

I stayed at the Haymarket Hotel last weekend during my parents' 50th wedding anniversary celebrations. There were 10 of us and the staff looked after us exquisitely. Always friendly, helpful and attentive. The rooms are unique and equipped with everything you could possibly want - they are also bigger than my entire apartment in Amsterdam!

Unluckily, my luggage got lost on the flight over. Lisa, the Hotel Manager, made sure I had a toothbrush, toothpaste, nail kit, razor - everything I might need in the absence of my bag. As I said, everyone was consistently smiley and helpful - in all eventualities!

My parents and my entire family had the most perfect weekend of celebrations :-)

Room Tip: The suite is HUGE!!!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Vicky H
Reviewed 9 July 2014

The staff team here are exceptional.
I have to say man responsible for concierge (I am sorry, he has a lovely yet unusual name that escapes me - Shay maybe?) is an absolute pleasure and possibly the loveliest concierge I have ever encountered (and we travel a lot).
I was given a lovely letter for birthday champagne, although we didn't use it it was a lovely gesture.
We loved the night staff team too (after a reunion and birthday with old Uni friends we were rather drunk coming back on both nights) and they were lovely and quite humorous!
Despite the bar being a self service honestly bar, one of the chaps poured our drinks for us (my friends thought possibly because they didn't trust us in our drunken state but I think he was simply being helpful).
The drinks at the honestly bar were expensive but that's hotels for you.
The restaurant is exceptional.
The swimming pool area and the pool itself is lovely.

The attention to detail in the rooms is amazing, there is quite literally ZERO wear and tear, the bathroom, the paint work, the curtains......perfection!
Definitely our new favorite hotel for our London jaunts. Claridges no more, Haymarket is the place to stay!

The location is exceptionally central so the only negative is that you cant really have your window open at night as its a little noisy.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lsilver
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Fab. The hotel has a wonderful designer style right in the heart of London. The pool is lovely with great lighting and a bar. The best part of the experience was the warm and friendly staff. Hard to beat.

Room Tip: We had a room at the front of the hotel and found it very quiet.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 July 2014

We loved our stay at the Haymarket! It is beautifully designed and perfectly located for a range of travelers’ interests. We had a beautiful room designed with great style with a wonderfully comfortable bed with great bed linens and pillows and a fabulous large bathroom. The room was a good size and had every amenity we needed. Despite the hotel’s location just off of a busy street, our room was very quiet and we were able to recover quickly from jet lag. The Haymarket is in a central location and we were able to walk everywhere that we wanted to go. When we have stayed in London in the past, we had to take cabs or the tube to get around so this was a very nice change. The gym is small but has a good collection of high quality equipment. The indoor pool is fabulous. Interestingly there is a bar next to the pool but when I swam laps, I had the space to myself. There are tiny lights (like stars) in the ceiling and you feel as if you are swimming at night. One of the best aspects of the hotel though was the staff. They were universally helpful, knowledgeable, and friendly. The concierge (Shig) was especially helpful and he recommended fantastic restaurants (Opera Tavern, Nopi and Amaya) in accordance with our described tastes and interests and was able to get us reservations even when they were fully booked. I am a bit of a foodie so I appreciated being able to discuss the menus and the food at various restaurants I had researched with a knowledgeable concierge. The food at the hotel restaurant (Brumus) at breakfast was very good too. I just wish we had been able to stay longer-- we can’t wait to return!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank DiscerningTraveler99
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Haymarket Hotel is a chic, trendy, comfortable oasis right in the heart of London. Truly one of the best hotel experiences I've ever had. My six month old son and I tagged along while my husband had a business trip to London, and we were treated like royalty at this stunning hotel property. Our room was beautifully and uniquely decorated, and no detail was overlooked. Staff could not have been more attentive or helpful. Also the BEST breakfast I've ever had in my life. Pricey but worth it... 5 star all the way!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business