“3 for 3, large room, perfect location, excellent service, price worth it.”
Review of Haymarket Hotel

Haymarket Hotel
Ranked #9 of 1,069 Hotels in London
Johns Creek, Georgia
“3 for 3, large room, perfect location, excellent service, price worth it.”
Reviewed 24 July 2014

We loved the Haymarket. I chose the Haymarket for location, size of room and star rating. Service was excellent and lived up to its star rating. The hotel is on a quiet side street, but near all the theater action, Piccadilly Circus, Pall Mall, Trafalgar Square and St James Park and up to SoHo. We were able to walk everywhere.
Most European hotel rooms tend to run small (by US standards).We wanted a large room and I checked room sizes are various hotels. Also, the Concierge Desk was wonderful. We found what we wanted at the Haymarket.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Alice2137

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Gothenburg
Reviewed 23 July 2014

After having spent a phenomenal stay at the Soho Hotel in 2013, we wanted to try another Firmdale Hotel this year.
Expectations were of course super high and I have to say they were all met and exceeded.
We were fortunate enough to get an upgrade to a Deluxe room and we loved the extra space both in the room and in the bathroom.
The shower was so good you didn´t want to get out of there and the bed was firm (which we love!) with great pillows.
I have no idea how the soundproofing could be so great, but we literally could not hear the traffic although the hotel is just around the corner from both Picadilly Circus and Trafalgar Square.
Location of course is fantastic and we walked back and forth to some world class restaurants every night.
The screening of staff most be incredibly well done at Firmdale Hotels, because both at the Soho and also at the Haymarket, all the staff we´ve met have been very warm and welcoming. BIG plus for the immaculate service and staff.
Of course we will be back. If not at the Haymarket, we might try out the Ham Yard or go back to the Soho next year.
When you spend a bit more on a hotel, you appreciate your expectations being met or even outdone.
If I´d have to leave only two small remarks on what could be done better, I´d say get a stronger wifi connection. It didn´t really reach our room that well, unless you located yourself closer to the door. And, put a soft closing on the doors to the rooms. As I mentioned, we could not hear any traffic at all, but on our last morning our next door neighbour kept opening and closing the door to their room (with a bang) about 10 times in a row (at 7.30am).
Small remarks on a lovely stay.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mojolifestyle
Bury St Edmunds
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Let's start by saying that of all the hotels I have had the fortune to stay in, this is without any doubt the best. I meant to stay one night, I stayed three- I literally could not leave.

I booked in the day with a decent rate and checked into room 214 which is in the Town House off the main hotel, in fact it is next door, although you can access it from the hotel without heading back outside. I was shown up to my room by concierge, up two flights of narrow stairs and feared they had put in one of those rooms designed for 'male single travellers', instead the door opened up to what was effectively a suite. A huge room, dominated by a massive bed and Kit Kemp's unforgettable interior designs, the bathroom was bigger than most hotel rooms with yet another room which was in fact a walk in wardrobe.

I have never felt more at home and at peace in a hotel room and could not believe that central London was just outside my door. Although in London for business, I managed to enjoy a lot of time in the hotel- and just when I thought it could not get better you descend a few floors into one of London's best kept secrets- the indoor pool.

Hotels, and I mean really good hotels know that throwing all the facilities at a place is well and good, but you are trying to create a living space- luxury is not something you can really buy. The swimming pool is proof of that, and what is more it was empty every time I went except the staff manning the poolside bar. The water was crisp and the perfect temperature and the cricket played silently in the background- heaven.

I ordered room service 5 times at all hours, the menu does not change for those whose schedules do not allow normal meal times, and is something that hardened travellers rarely find. In fact I cannot fault the hotel, in any way. It wears it's brilliance with humility, the staff dress smartly and offer immaculate service, but in a way that is both discreet and unpretentious. The firm dale group who own the Haymarket and other hotels in London simply get it. They create spaces and places that invite you stay, kick back and relax.

I assure you I came for a quick stay and had to leave only to go to Paris, i was tempted to cancel and stay for the weekend.

Memorable for all the right reasons and a location that is hard to rival.

Perfect.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank alastairwhatley
Winchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 July 2014

What a beautiful hotel. We went in for a drink after work and, as it was rather busy, we were ushered to bar seats that are not at the bar but set back so one sits facing the bar in a line with your friends (and other drinkers). It's very theatrical as you simply sit and watch the bartenders making cocktails, a bit like being at a 'Chef's table' in a restaurant but in a bar! The staff are uber attentive and I would rate this hotel as up there as one of the best 'non branded' in London.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Blean, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 July 2014

We stayed here for our wedding anniversary & it was divine . Great location in the centre of London .We had a dual aspect junior luxury suite which was very comfortable & spacious. Although we were in the centre of London our room was very peaceful. I loved the pool it was a good size for a decent swim. We had a light lunch & dinner in the restaurant which were passable. Breakfast was very good as there was plenty of choice.Excellent service. The interior design was most interesting, I felt I had spent the weekend inhabiting a great work of art.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Amsterdam, Noord-Holland, Netherlands
Reviewed 15 July 2014

I stayed at the Haymarket Hotel last weekend during my parents' 50th wedding anniversary celebrations. There were 10 of us and the staff looked after us exquisitely. Always friendly, helpful and attentive. The rooms are unique and equipped with everything you could possibly want - they are also bigger than my entire apartment in Amsterdam!

Unluckily, my luggage got lost on the flight over. Lisa, the Hotel Manager, made sure I had a toothbrush, toothpaste, nail kit, razor - everything I might need in the absence of my bag. As I said, everyone was consistently smiley and helpful - in all eventualities!

My parents and my entire family had the most perfect weekend of celebrations :-)

Room Tip: The suite is HUGE!!!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Vicky H
Leeds, UK
Reviewed 9 July 2014

The staff team here are exceptional.
I have to say man responsible for concierge (I am sorry, he has a lovely yet unusual name that escapes me - Shay maybe?) is an absolute pleasure and possibly the loveliest concierge I have ever encountered (and we travel a lot).
I was given a lovely letter for birthday champagne, although we didn't use it it was a lovely gesture.
We loved the night staff team too (after a reunion and birthday with old Uni friends we were rather drunk coming back on both nights) and they were lovely and quite humorous!
Despite the bar being a self service honestly bar, one of the chaps poured our drinks for us (my friends thought possibly because they didn't trust us in our drunken state but I think he was simply being helpful).
The drinks at the honestly bar were expensive but that's hotels for you.
The restaurant is exceptional.
The swimming pool area and the pool itself is lovely.

The attention to detail in the rooms is amazing, there is quite literally ZERO wear and tear, the bathroom, the paint work, the curtains......perfection!
Definitely our new favorite hotel for our London jaunts. Claridges no more, Haymarket is the place to stay!

The location is exceptionally central so the only negative is that you cant really have your window open at night as its a little noisy.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple