“Expensive yes, but what a pampering experience.”
Review of Haymarket Hotel

Haymarket Hotel
Ranked #8 of 1,063 Hotels in London
“Expensive yes, but what a pampering experience.”
Reviewed 19 August 2014

I loved staying there. Staff so friendly. Right in the middle of the city. Walking distance to everything. Incredible rooms, the bathrooms are nice. All rooms are different. Very nice decoration. Wold back again again and again. It is a small hotel with everything you need. Loved it!

Room Tip: Go high! Take a room in the last floor, ceilings are very tall. Very romantic.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 5Continent

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Always stay here when we have our kids with us, the pool in the basement is the big pull!
Great location, valet parking, excellent breakfast and rooms are always lovely.
And the staff are always very accommodating.
We struggle to beat this when stopping in London.

Room Tip: Junior corner suite.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank BluebellChloe
Copenhagen, Denmark
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Situated right at the heart of London, a small gem in terms of service and atmosphere. Would definately recommend for a romatic getaway. As all gems, it does come with a price tag, but the quality makes it an attractive value offer. The restaurant (Brumus) is nice - breakfast on the pricey side, though.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Maidstone
Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

Based on previous reviews we came here with high hopes and it didn't disappoint. We have so many positives about our stay :-)

We stayed for 2 nights in a luxury junior suite to celebrate our first anniversary. In all the communications prior to our stay, the staff were friendly and helpful, even commenting on the weather for our stay. We arrived in london early but were able to register for our room and leave our luggage with them. We were given a welcome gift from the manager of a couple of glasses of champagne to celebrate our anniversary. We were struck by how friendly and welcoming everyone was, asking how we were and how we enjoyed our anniversary. Our room was huge and so clean. Initially my husband who is a little territorial would have preferred not to be on the ground floor but actually it didn't impact on our stay as we quite enjoyed people watching. The sofa, chairs and beds were all really comfortable and the mini bar looked amazing. But the most amazing thing about the room
Has to be the bathroom!!! We both gasped when we walked in - huge, marbled from floor to ceiling, 2 sinks, a huge double shower, bathrobes, heated towel rails and a lovely bath with a tv and speakers!! It is spurring us on to get our own bathroom decorated at home!

We used the pool and had it all to ourselves. It could have done with being a touch warmer but was ok when you were in there and all lit up, would be excellent for a party. When we returned to our room, the concierge had already been with a gift of a lovely relaxing room spray. There is an honesty bar near reception and it really has the feel of a cosy living room, it was fun to pour our own drinks to enjoy whilst getting ready to go out.

We opted for breakfast in our room on our anniversary and it was so perfect and on time that we did it for our last day too. We also enjoyed a DVD from the DVD library so I would say we made full use of all the available facilities haha! Once again, we were able to leave out luggage with them on our last day after checking out which really helped us out as we were able to explore freely.

This hotel is so luxurious and extremely welcoming, we thoroughly enjoyed every moment and came away feeling incredibly relaxed. Thank you for being part of our first anniversary :-)

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kate310
Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

I have just returned home from a two night stay at The Haymarket Hotel in London. All I can say is the hotel was fantastic. The service was very good, the hotel was spotless, the interior design was beautiful, the location is perfect and the attention to detail was second to none. I was there with a friend to celebrate our 30 birthday, which I informed the hotel of in advance so we were offered champagne on the house which was a lovely treat. We also had breakfast on both mornings. Again, lovely- I highly recommend the waffles!!! Will most certainly visit again.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Our second stay at the Haymarket and it is relaxed, effortlessly stylish and homely. Great staff, food and location. Rooms are quiet and well thought out. Good selection from mini bar. A bonus would be a kettle in the room for an early morning cup of tea without having people enter whilst in our gowns. Looking forward to our next stay later in the year!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 6 August 2014

I recently returned from a trip to London with my daughter and I specifically chose the Haymarket Hotel as our base for a heavily packed schedule for our time in London.

This trip was a special one for me being my first travel experience with my eight year old, sans Mum, as well as the opportunity to bring her to experience one of my favourite hotels anywhere in the world. Suffice to say that she was delighted. 'When we move to London we will live here and Mum can come too, Dad!'.

From the outset the welcoming and efficient arrival process where the staff remembered past visits, and included a special welcome for my daughter. A big comfortable room and plenty of space to fully unpack and get the baggage out of the way gave a real sense of being at home in London.

My daughter spent much time in the bath watching TV, with Temple Spa bath oil, and deep restful sleeps with the Lavender sleep fragrance. On this stay I also had opportunity to make use of the indoor pool as inspired by my daughter, and got to enjoy a spot of cricket as well as the Commonwealth Games as projected in the pool area. Nice touch! Gave me ideas on the type of space that could be created around an indoor pool.

The staff indulged my daughter throughout the stay, which I appreciated and am thankful for, knowing the burden this can be in an operating hotel. Hide and seek with the General Manager and displaying the stuffed animals to the Concierge and Bell staff.

A stay at the Haymarket must include a special mention of Brumus. Such a great restaurant and probably one of the better breakfast experiences to be had anywhere in the world. An extensive a la carte listing of breakfast dishes. A real highlight and something that I look forward to every time I stay at this hotel. For me, this is how breakfast is intended to be as the most important meal of the day. The property has a particular blend of muesli which is almost toffee like due to a glaze. I don't know where they get it, but it is the nicest muesli I have ever had. Could not get past this every day. Large bowls of fresh fruit and bake goods that are not bulk produced set the whole experience off really nicely.

Others have spoken about the location of the property. This can not be underestimated. You really can walk from the hotel to so many key locations in London. That includes Trafalgar Square, across the river to the London Eye, down to the parks, the palaces and the mall, Oxford and Regent Street for shopping and Covent Garden and many of the theatres. If cabbing it, just a few minutes to all of these locations as well and generally not too hard to get transport ad hoc from the hotel.

Once again, just a great hospitality experience where, unlike so many, the hotel delivers on the promise of a holiday that will long be remembered.

Thanks to Lisa and the extended team for the hospitality and the extended accommodations. See you again soon.

Room Tip: I have always stayed in the rooms facing Her Majesty's Theatre. I like this because you get a se...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family