“The most comfortable heavenly hotel bed I have ever slept in!”
Review of Haymarket Hotel

Haymarket Hotel
Ranked #9 of 1,069 Hotels in London
Worcestershire
“The most comfortable heavenly hotel bed I have ever slept in!”
Reviewed 13 June 2010

This is the third time I have stayed in this fabulous hotel. The spacious rooms are sumptuous, everything works as it should, a rarity these days, and always spotlessly clean, giving the impression you are the first guests to have ever stayed. The marble bathrooms are fantastic, showers powerful and the filtered softened water gives a truly envigorating experience. You dont want to get out and the TV at the end of the bath is added luxury! The beds never fail to impress with their comfort and size! The welcome and service throughout any of my stays has always been impeccable. The beautiful swimming pool is an additional bonus as is the great location close to Picadilly and Leicester Square etc. Highly recommended.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Buddyboyy

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 May 2010

I've stayed here now four times and really like the hotel. Was introduced by a colleague about a year ago, and have stayed each time I'm allowed to choose where I stay in London. I really like the feel of the hotel, the staff are very professional and helpful, the rooms are large and well furnished. Keep forgetting to bring my swimming trunks, as the pool looks beautiful. Location is also good. Easy access to the City (of London), or the West End.

A few small complaints, but they are more than made up for by the overall hotel experience.
1) They should really have free wireless internet.
2) The prices in the in-room mini bar are stupidly high. £25 for a half bottle of chablis or Sancerre, £80 for a half bottle of Krug?
3) There's a loud Sports Bar opposite the hotel on Haymarket. It can get a bit noisy. So if you like sleeping with your window open, don't be surprised if you're woken by shouting from across the road.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank TravellerBEurope
west midlands
Reviewed 12 May 2010

visited here for afternoon tea as a treat , for birthday . service and tea was excellent great value for money , nice selection of cakes , pastries ,scones , plenty of sandwiches you could have more , without paying extra (unlike fortnums) , we sat i lobby which was calm and relaxing , although if you want more hustle and bustle try restaurant , the stff even bought out a cup cake with candle in and happy birthday in choc on the plate , was a wonderful visit , in lovely setting .

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Robbie/stourbridge
Jupiter, Florida
Reviewed 27 April 2010

Fantastic hotel which has a chic/quirky interior design and pool area. I travel frequently to London for solo business, and the location is perfect as its only a short walk to Leicester Square, Picadilly Circus, Buckingham Palace, etc.

The room design was nice and very spacious. I was greeted with a box of chocolates upon entering my room and complimentary bottled water (may have been part of my package).

The staff were very accomodating. The hotel restaurant, Brumus, has a very nice ambiance and the food is excellent. Absolutely no complaints and look forward to bringing my family back to this nice hotel.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank Shannon C
Monte-Carlo, Monaco
Reviewed 7 April 2010

I stayed at this hotel for one night in two consecutive weeks and waited until after the second time to post a review as I really couldn't believe I'd had a bad time until I'd had it twice!
While the hotel is well located and the design is glorious, the welcome is really not up to Firmdale standards. My husband and I arrived late on a Thursday night the first time and asked for a late checkout the following day - being very frequent Firmdale clients this has never been a problem before - and were told we could have a late check out at 12.30 and for anything later we should check with reception in the morning. I thought 12.30 seemed very mean and asked their usual check out time, which I was told was 11am - really a rather 'bed and breakfast' checkout time considering the high prices they charge, and reception offered nothing better in the morning.
The following week, for a midweek stay, we were given exactly the same story - except this time the 'late' check out was 12noon. I returned from a meeting at 11.30, asked for the key and was told I had been checked out already and my bag was being brought down! I took my bag back up to re-pack and had only been there five minutes when housekeeping rang the bell insistently for entry. I was really frustrated and the apology when I got back downstairs - still with 15 minutes to go before the 12 noon deadline - didn't make up for much.
11am is the sort of time I expect to be asked to leave when I am staying somewhere cheap that hasn't hired enough staff to complete the housekeeping in the usual turnaround time, and it leaves a bad taste in the mouth when you are paying as much as we did - so we won't be going back to the Haymarket.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled on business
5 Thank Moth
Bath
Reviewed 29 March 2010

This is a review of two sides as I stayed at the hotel on two consecutive Tuesdays. The first I was quite dissapointed with the room. It was a nice room but it had funny small windows which made me feel like I was in a bunker. The next week I had an amazing room, sited on a corner with large floor to ceiling windows, beautiful blue and brown curtains and an enormous bathroom with walk in shower. Delightful.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank Kate6161
Bath
Reviewed 3 February 2010

Quirky elegance. Completely blown away by decor. Service second to none, friendly and very helpful. Fortunate to have a suite, extremely comfortable. Amazing experience for all of us.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled with family