“Central but that´s it”

and 1 more site!
easyHotel London Victoria
Ranked #736 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Reviewed 4 May 2012

This hotel is definately cheap for london and its not a dive but its not great either. I booked a double room, ensuite and no window, so basically the room was underground and right by the subway so all night all you could hear was the tube thundering past on the other side of the wall! The room was a "double", yes it had a double bed which took up the entire room from one wall to the other so there was just a tiny entrance to leave all suitcases in and move around, the bathroom again was tiny and similar to those in cabins on ferries! Its fine if you just need an overnight place to stay but that´s it. On the plus side it was clean and very central.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 4 July 2012

Thank you for your feedback. We regret to hear that room wasn’t up to your expectation. We are sorry to hear that you had an uncomfortable experience staying with us. easyHotel website clearly outlines the facilities of the hotel and the dimensions of the rooms. We also have pictures displayed on the website, just to give an idea to the guests who are wishing to stay at easyHotel.

Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience and hope you will give us another chance to host you in near future.

There are newer reviews for easyHotel London Victoria

Reviewed 4 May 2012

EasyHotel is fine for a few night's stay in London if you've been there a hundred times (like my fiancée and I have) and are simply looking for a quick, cheap weekend getaway with a decently central London location. Our room--the biggest available--consisted only of a bed, enough floorspace to put our bags down and still maneuver to the bathroom, a bathroom, and a television. Remote to turn the TV on costs an extra £5 per day, ha! We don't watch TV on vacation but thought that was funny. The bathroom was clean but the bedroom left something to be desired. Not outright dirty at all, but had so much wear and tear around that it gave the appearance of being dirty in places. The receptionist was nice enough to let us check-in 30 minutes early at no additional charge. You will be charged £15 extra if you wish to check-out later than 10:00 am, however.

All basically as expected. Until, at 4:30 in the morning, someone enters our room! WTF. Really startled us. My fiancée couldn't go back to sleep for hours. We have talked to management and they assure us that it wasn't a big problem--something about a computer glitch and the night manager wanting to make sure someone was staying in the room. Happy to know it wasn't someone trying to steal from us or worse, but it evidences a serious lack of training by the hotel staff if they thought even for a millisecond it was acceptable to wake us up at 4:30 by coming into our room. There were many other ways to handle the situation--hell, knocking would have even been preferable--but that was practically the worst possible way to do it. Would have probably stayed here again but-for this incident, but I just don't think I can bring myself to stay and leave semi-valuables in a room where hotel staff have been so insufficiently trained. Not that the particular staff member in question had any ill intent, but if he could screw up so hard so easily, what might that say about other members of the staff?

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank charlieanelson
Reviewed 13 April 2012

I stayed 2 nights at EasyHotel Victoria after spending 5 nights at Tune Hotels (Liverpool St) and I found myself kicking myself for moving hotels.

To be fair, the room is exactly what you pay for. It's a bed, a shower, and a toilet (my room had no windows). However, fter staying at Tune Hotels for practically the same price, it's clear that Tune Hotel is doing a far better job the budget hotel that EasyHotel.

The room was orange, through and through. It's TINY, and there was hardly any room for me to put my things (and I was travelling alone). I can't imagine 2 people in the same space. The bathroom is so incredibly small, and it's really impossible to take a shower without getting everything else in the bathroom wet. So, not only are you surrounded by garish orange walls and fixtures, but you have no chance of forgetting where you are because EasyHotel.com is emblazoned on every door and the main wall in the room.

My main light was dim at best, which really irked me. In a windowless room, it's the only possible source of light, so I would have preferred it brighter.

The customer service was average, but the man was kind enough to let me check in 30 minutes before the actual check in time of 3 PM.

The temperature on the 3rd floor where I was was shockingly cold at night, but I woke up drenched in sweat because sometime in the night, they started cranking out really hot air, and I'm certain my hotel room was at least 25 degrees.

The doors don't close, they SLAM. So I was woken up anytime one of my neighbours entered or left the hotel - frustrating especially in the morning. The first time it happened, I was jolted awake because it was so loud and reverberated through my whole room.

In the end, EasyHotel gets the job done, but go to Tune Hotels instead for the same price.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
5  Thank Jess W
Management response:Responded 4 July 2012

Thank you for reviewing us on Tripadvisor. We regret to hear that room wasn’t up to your expectation. As a budget hotel we provide simple and basic accommodation with range of different room types as mentioned on our website. We have centralized air conditioning system in place which we can regulate if we receive any complaint. Thank you for raising these issues, they are taken seriously as guest’s comfort is our first priority. Necessary steps are taken place to resolve those matters.

Once again we apologies for the inconvenience and discomfort caused.

Reviewed 8 April 2012

Myself and my grandaughter aged 15 stayed at Easy Victoria for 2 nights on 3rd and 4th April. We paid £100 pounds including remote controls for tv. We were in London to go to Harry Potter Warner Bros Studio Tour and do a bit of sight seeing too. Its an excellent location for all the sights. Buckingham Palace, Big Ben, The London Eye. We did them all and walked from hotel. The train staff at Euston were fantastic and made travelling to Watford Junction so easy. Yes room was small but Im glad we booked window room. It is spotless and Im very fussy. I will use Easy Hotel again its a wee gem at a fantastic price. Oh and Nandos is right down the road too.

Room Tip: If you are fit upper floors are quieter but stairway is very narrow.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Scotsingle
Reviewed 5 April 2012

It is a very small hotel, rooms and especially the bathroom is really tiny (you will laugh when you see it). It is very cheap, but it is totally clean, and serves good its purpose if you're in London to go sightseeing and visiting as much as you can. It's a hotel perfect for just sleeping and going all day out. Very smart-thought and staff are nice. I only had a problem with the shower steam extractor, it didn't work and I reported it twice, but they didnt fix it. This was though a minor problem and no big deal. It's located in a very good spot, close to Victoria coach and train station and lots of places nearby to visit.

Room Tip: do choose a room with window, the room is so small that you would feel trapped.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Luis Enrique R
Reviewed 2 April 2012

We knew it would be small and we opted for a window room, but unfortunately we were placed in the basement, street side. I was really irritated at first because I didn't pay extra to see people's feet and have workers coming into the little courtyard right outside our window. We were tired though so we slept, and we slept fine. Yes it's small, but the worst part was honestly the shower. It was just impossible to shower unless you're a twig! They could do with one extra hook and a shelf or two, which really wouldnt cost them that much I'm sure!! The next morning I asked to be moved, and they said they couldnt but hopefully for the 3rd day they would try their best. We ended up not moving just because it was too much hassle at that point, and we had late nights and early mornings. We felt it wasn't as close to Victoria as we had hoped, but we're not avid walkers. It was quiet 80% of the time, but like I said the workers would come into the courtyard and just...make noise? Drop dumbells? I dont know. It was loud in the mornings. Had we had a room without a window, I'm sure it would've been quieter, so there ya go :-p But I enjoyed having a window for fresh air in the evenings. Expensive internet, and the man at the desk said it was 24 hours, so you log out and in and get the full 24 hours use, not one day. Nope, I came back after a day out and saw I only had 40 minutes left, even though I had logged out correctly. We would've mentioned this but again, late nights and early mornings. So overall, worthwhile. and clean!! That's very important. No fear of walking barefoot (not like there is anywhere to walk!) and the bathroom is immaculate.

Room Tip: Not the basement
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 March 2012

really poor design, if they turned the bed the other way, they could put in a place for luggage, there is not enough room for two people to even get dressed. location is good, but, there are lots of hotels on the same street. we are not fussy travelers, but, this is over the top bad. the smoke alarm went off at 1 am, beds are uncomfortable. made for a bad beginning with out rest. do not recommend.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 4 July 2012

Thank you for giving your feedback. Please accept our sincere apology for the inconvenience caused. We offer rooms of different size and types as mentioned on our website. We take fire and safety issues very seriously and try our very best to sort the problems timely and effectively. Please give us another chance to host you and gain your confidence back on us.