“Great location, cheap, clean”

and 1 more site!
easyHotel London Victoria
Ranked #244 of 824 Speciality Lodging in London
Tampere, Finland
“Great location, cheap, clean”
Reviewed 13 December 2012

I really have nothing to complain about when it comes to this hotel. It was very affordable, very clean and the location was of course the best part of it. Yes, it is small but the size of the room is clearly stated in the homepage, so I don't think anyone should complain about it; you get what you pay for. I was only looking for a cheap place to sleep, nothing else, so this suited me very well. The vending machine in the reception was a nice surprise. Well, the pressure in the shower was a bit low, but that's the case almost every time abroad. Staff was okay, nothing special but not rude either. There's also a computer in the reception, you can use it for 15 minutes and it'll cost 2 pounds.
I will definitely stay here the next time around too!

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank misukkeli
SohailKhaliq, Social Media Representative at easyHotel London Victoria, responded to this review, 18 December 2012
Dear Guest,
we are extremely delighted to hear that we have ticked most of the boxes. Thank you for pointing areas where we can improve. It is on our priority list and we are making sure that staff goes through necessary training in order to satisfy customers. You will definitely notice a difference next time you come around.
Looking forward to see you again.

Social Media Representative

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (168)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Horta
Reviewed 12 December 2012

First of all, every info available on the website and elsewhere (online) is accurate. But one thing is to read it, another is to live it!
Imagine going to the toilet in an airplane... thats the same feeling you´ll have in your "room"/matchbox.
Is is overpriced, location is not bad and the staff... well, we barely exchanged words, so nothing to mention, nor good, nor bad.
If you have the time and patience, check out other hotels in the same street. Maybe a little more expensive, but probably with bigger rooms and free housekkeping... and TV!

Room Tip: Get a room with window, otherwise you´ll feel like you are inside a test tube!
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent experience at the hotel. Firstly please accept my apologies for the staff not interacting. We are making sure that staff are friendly and easily approachable by giving them relative training. However please accept my sincere apology if you were not comfortable with it.
We work on the same principle as easyjet, book earlier, get it cheaper. You can book these rooms from £35 if you give it couple of weeks. As for as room size is concerned, their dimensions are clearly mentioned on our website. We will suggest you to go for a standard room with window which is much bigger than the small one.
Once again we appreciate your review and we will look forward to see you in the near future.

Etten-Leur, The Netherlands
Reviewed 11 December 2012

We stayed in this hotel from 7-12-2012 til 10-12-2012. We payad about 100 euro's per night. That's way to much for this hotel. Location is the only good thing. The bathroom is realy small. I wouldn't recomend this hotel. If you want to make a trip to londen make sure you book your hotel in time!

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear guest,
Thank you for staying with easyhotel victoria and sharing your recent experience. Our prices are set according to availability and the time you allow to book. You are absolutely right, in order to get the cheapest rooms which are from £35 you will have to book couple of weeks in advance. As being centrally located near all tourist attractions and amenities we are budget traveler's first choice.
We sincerely hope you will choose to stay with us should your travels bring you back to the area.

England
Reviewed 6 December 2012

I wasn't sure what to expect, but I was pleasantly surprised. The room was small, windowless and very very orange. However, it was more than adequate for my needs. It had a small en-suite, which coped with my pre-night out ablutions.

I checked in. I dropped my bag off. I had a shower. I went out. I drank. I came back (worse for wear, at some undefined time). I got my head down. I had a good night's kip. All of that for half the price that I'd have paid somewhere else for the same privilege, but in a slightly swankier room.

If I'm up town for a few beers, this place will be my number one choice in the future.

Room Tip: I'd pay the extra and get an en-suite.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
SohailKhaliq, Social Media Representative at easyHotel London Victoria, responded to this review, 10 December 2012
Dear Dave,
Thank you so much for staying with us and sharing your experience on Tripadvisor. We are delighted to hear that we exceeded your expectations. A small tip, please book in advance if you know the dates when you are going to travel and you will get bigger room with window in the same price which you paid for the small one.
Looking forward to welcome you in the future.

Reviewed 29 November 2012

We reached Victoria, London by coach arnd 10am. Check-in was suppose to be at 3pm so we decided to leave our bags there (£5 for 1/2 bags w an unlimited no. of hours) so that was a pretty good deal. Staff was friendly and helpful too.

We alr expected the room to be pretty small from reviews on tripadvisor. But by small, mentally prepare yourself for a room in which you can walk no more than 5 steps from the door to your bed. We opted for the room w no windows so it's safe to say rooms like these aren't for the claustrophobic (be warned!)

Apart from the extremely small space, the room/bathroom was clean and tidy. No dirt/peeling paint cld be found and the room was spotless! It's a good place if u rarely stay in the room and only need a quiet place to rest for abt 8 hours or so.

Only con abt living here is that you've to pay for almost every amenity. I paid £5 + £5 deposit for a hair dryer during my 2 night stay. But the staffs were really friendly, which was a plus point. Location is extremely good too.

Ps: Don't forget t bring your own toothbrushes! Only thing they provide are shampoo + body soap

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank Thismadhatter
Dear Guest,
Thank you for choosing easyhotel victoria and sharing your views about the hotel. Your review made our day. Customer's satisfaction is our ultimate priority, as you mentioned in your review that staff at easyhotel is very helpful and friendly. Next time you plan to stay with us, i will recommend you to go for a standard room. If you book couple of weeks in advance you will get that room in the same price as a small room.
Once again we appreciate you took your time to leave a review. We will be looking forward to welcome you again.

Butjadingen, Germany
Reviewed 24 November 2012

I guess if you are looking here that you want a cheap, no thrills, clean hotel in central London, well, this offers that. My credentials was just having somewhere I could put my head down on clean sheets and to have my own shower and toilet. It is hard to find such at these prices without a shared bathroom, so in that respect this hotel was always going to be a good option. The room, for me, was akin to a cross channel ferry cabin, in size and layout, which is enough if all you need is to sleep and not spend much of your time there.

No frills means no frills; No wardrobes, just two coat hooks, no chair, no table, TV costs extra, wi-fi costs extra, room cleaning services (whilst you stay) cost extra. They do supply towels (hand and shower) and there is liquid soap and hair/shower gel (all Dove) provided in the bathroom and a plug in electric radiator type heater in the room; the room had only two electric sockets.

There is no elevator, but fairly steep narrow stairs. There is a fire alarm every Thursday at 1PM; if you are in the hotel you are expected to vacate to the muster area. You are 3 mins from Victoria rail and bus stations, 3 mins from a Sainsbury's Local and close to many restaurants on Wilton Rd.

For the money you get what you pay for but for location, cleanliness of the room and having your own toilet/shower, it is hard to beat.

Room Tip: I was on the 3rd (top) floor and hot water in the shower was hit and miss with the water pressure a...
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank TreLeoni
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking your time and sharing your experience.
We are pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay with easy. You are absolutely right, Easy hotel victoria provides basic en-suite rooms with no frills on a affordable price in Central London as you said in your review.
A guest can always ask for a different room/floor if they are not happy with the room allocated and our staff will be more than happy to help you.
Hope to see you soon in the future.

Reviewed 23 November 2012

Ok so the rooms are small but you expect that going in. Its really clean, staff are friendly and its near train/bus/underground and some nice pubs and restaurants a few minutes walk away. Great for a short stay if you want a couple of notches up from a hostel but nowhere too expensive (which is not easy in London). If you are a person who likes some comforts like a place to hang up your clothes, or a space to dry your hair/do your make up its prob not best for you, but I would stay again, and might try the covent garden one on our next trip.

• Stayed November 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for writing review.
You have said it all. Located in central london, next to tube/train/coach station, close to all tourist attractions specially Buckingham palace and westminster, restaurants and pubs on walkable distance and top of that very affordable prices, it cant get any better than that.
We really appreciate you comments and we hope to see you in near future.