“So glad I visited!”

Ranked #100 of 1,589 things to do in London
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Please see the website for up to date information. Just around the corner from the world-famous Portobello Road Market stands a unique, Aladdin's cave of retro design and memories - the only museum of its kind in the whole world. Imagine walking through a corridor full from floor to ceiling with the treats that the British have filled their shopping baskets with for the last 200 years. Every corner you turn in the Time Tunnel leads you into a different decade. Discover what has made shoppers tick for the last 200 years and surround yourself in the classic designs, vintage adverts and retro stylings that fill our museum. The Museum is available to hire for evening events and there's a fabulous conference room for daytime events! So whether you visit to awaken childhood memories or to inspire your own designs, we welcome you to the Museum of Brands, Packaging and Advertising. Opening Times Tuesday to Saturday: 10am - 6pm Sunday: 11am - 5pm Monday: Closed, except bank holidays We are closed during the Notting Hill Carnival, 24, 25 and 26 December and New Year's Day. Last entry is 45 minutes before closing.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“So glad I visited!”
Reviewed 31 July 2014

On a recent trip, I saw a tiny arrow-shaped signed for the museum and was intrigued. After googling and checking out the website (VERY well done!) I decided to take a look since I was nearby at the Portobello Road Market. I was surprised when the rest of travel companions actually wanted to join me (I assumed this was a geeky designer destination)! Turns out, we were all so thrilled by the museum. The collection is totally unexpected and incredible in its scope. Really an amazing collection of familiar brands, those less familiar, and pop-culture gems. Was fun and easy to get through, and absolutely one of the most memorable stops on the trip. I own a boutique event production company, and we work with brands all the time. We also find inspiration for our events in all places, and I've loved sharing the book "Remember When" (just one of the many available in the shop) with my team. Would definitely recommend it for designers, history buffs, and art-lovers of all types!

Visited June 2014

6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Worth the effort.”
Reviewed 29 July 2014

We spent an interesting hour and a half visiting this little museum. There is plenty to hold your interest and refresh memories of products and packages of bygone years. There is an opportunity in the little tea room to purchase tea, coffee or a cold drink and some tempting items in the gift shop.
We found the staff most welcoming and helpful.
More effort should be made to provide directions from the tube station to the museum. The only maps we could find showed directions from the nearby streets but not how to reach them from the tube.

Visited May 2014
Beersheba, Israel
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“worth going”
Reviewed 29 July 2014

a very small museum in the wonderfull notinghill. very small but interesting. good historical references to what is shown. you can enjoy it in different ways: nostalgy, history or interest. very welcoming staff.
is good to combine with portabelo market

Visited July 2014
Sabadell, Spain
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Combine with portbella market on a Saturday”
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Best to visit on a Saturday when you can visit Portabella market at its busiest. However dont worry, this museum is very very very quiet. Partly because it is quite hard to find. If you have a smart phone it easy. But don't expect the locals will know where to tell you, because they probably dont even know it exsists. It will take you at least 1 hour. I would say it is probably more exciting for english people, given the fact the brands are all english brands. I would have given it 5 stars but the staff on the door woudnt let me get the 2-4-1 entry i was entitled to with my train tickets becuase i didnt have the form with me. It is such a big promotion i'm sure they had extra copies behind the desk. I felt a little ripped off by that.

Visited June 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Amazing Find in London”
Reviewed 20 July 2014

I really liked my trip to the museum of brands, hidden away in Notting Hill but easy to find, it takes you on a nostalgic walk through the decades with well known brands, childhood games and royal events. It was fascinating to see how some things have changed, and others not so much! I'd recommend a visit, for families with kids and anyone heading to Portabello Road for the market, this is nearby. Also loved the gift shop, it's got lots of cool gifts you can get as keepsakes or good for a more than original birthday present. Very interesting, not over crowded and nice staff too. Worth a visit.

Visited July 2014