This is a cheap, old hotel, it's incredibly handy for travelling in & around London, and it's not all bad news.
1) We stayed for 7 nights in a double room with shower. There were 2 single beds and one double bed in a room actually only really big enough for a double bed. So it was a little cramped. The bathroom\shower was clean and fresh smelling, although the shower water was consistently too hot, & we were unable to cool it down. The room was draughty, but clean. The bed linen clean also. The room smelled fresh and was cleaned every day. There was a good minibar sized fridge, ideal for our style of travel - making our own lunch & having a sandwich at night if we feel like it, instead of eating out. The place is reasonably quiet, both with other guests, and neighbourhood. Also the room had a big TV with remote and a variety of channels.
2) Breakfast : white bread toast (4 whole slices each, which is enough), butter, a variety of jams, tea, coffee, bottled water & orange juice. Be prepared and take your own cheese, marmite etc. if you want more - that's what we did and it worked well.
3) Just outside the door & around the corner is a bus stop (routes 94 & 272) that takes you into central London (94 goes to Piccadilly Circus, 272 goes to Shepherds Bush\White City and local destinations). 10 minutes slow, easy walk to the local underground station (Turnham Green, District line). So it's very handy for London travelling & sightseeing.
4) Staff friendly & helpful - if you want something - ask for it. I wanted to make tea etc. in my room, I asked for a kettle, got it with a smile, also milk, teabags, coffee sachets & sugar, gratis. Talk to the staff, I don't think they're used to it, but they like it :)
5) The downside was definitely the hot shower and the draughty windows - it was very cold during our stay and although the big radiator in the room was on full ( and HOT!), there were still cold draughts coming in from the windows. The plumbing needs attention, as do the window frames.
6) It *IS* cheap, so bear that in mind - don't expect top quality, because you're certainly not paying for it, or getting it - you're paying for a warm bed, somewhere reasonably peaceful to sleep, handy location and an OK breakfast. You do get those. And it *was* clean. The end.
And...there is a handy restaurant just next door to Turnham Green underground station - 'Lara Restaurant'. It's upstairs above a take-away bar and fish & chip shop. This is an *excellent* Turkish & Mediterranean restaurant - don't be put off the the take-aways downstairs (although they are excellent also). This is a quality restaurant, excellent food, very, very good value for money and with friendly, willing staff. A total surprise and revelation :)
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Expedia and Evoline ltd so you can book your Chiswick Court Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chiswick Court London
- Hotel Chiswick Court