“You get what you pay”

Ranked #911 of 1,067 Hotels in London
London, United Kingdom
“You get what you pay”
Reviewed 16 April 2014

The Chiswick Court Hotel may notbe the best with smart new rooms and all the facilities, but for £30 via booking.com. I got a room with private facilties and TV in a nice part of Town and only 20 minutes from central London.
For business vistors downside is no Wifi and Breakfast starts from 8am , but I dnot think you are misisng much with Breakfast. I would stay again if I am looking for a cheap night.

Room Tip: The Tabard Pub is good 5 minutes down the road and District Line Zone 2 station is 5 minutes away
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Honestdog63

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
Yeovil, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 March 2014

I booked this 'hotel' for a week while working in London. It was not booked through one of the usual sites that I used and I paid upfront for 5 nights. According to the website it had a restaurant so I was looking forward to being able to eat in the hotel in the evenings. If I want a B&B I'll look for one.

When I arrived I was shown one room which was extremely small. There was a fridge in there that was warmer than the room! I asked for another room with a fridge that worked and was given a slightly bigger room. As I unpacked I noticed that there was no tea, coffee or kettle. I went to reception and was told that they do not provide this! I managed to borrow a kettle and as a frequent traveller, I had sachets of coffee with me.

Breakfast is from 0800 - 0930 and consists of toast, tea, coffee, cereal and fruit juice. As I needed to be in central London by 0830 I didn't get a chance to sample these delights!

There is no restaurant - unless they claim that the breakfast room is what they are referring to!
The en-suite was the smallest I have ever been in - when assuming the position on the toilet, you have to sit at an angle because the wash basin is in the way. I am only 5' 9'' and I struggled with leg-room!

There is a free on site car park which suited my requirements as I was leaving the car and commuting each day, but that is the only redeeming feature.

In summary:
Pro's - On site car park. Clean bedding and towels.
Con's - No tea,coffee,milk or kettle. No evening meals. No Wi-Fi. Scruffy rooms. Very old Sony TV with Freeview box balanced on top. Tiny en-suite.

Room Tip: Sorry - there are no good rooms!
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank PaultheScopie
Driffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 January 2014

If you are just looking for a room for a night or two, don't want to spend much money and are realistic as to what to expect for £40 per night for an en-suite single room then this hotel is worth considering. First impression was not good - both the reception area and the proprietor could do with a make-over, a lick of paint on the former and a smile on the face of the latter would help. The room itself was very compact even by London B&B standards . Opening the bathroom door more than about 18 inches was impossible because of it's closeness to the bed - overweight people look elsewhere. The bathroom was clean, shower good but wash basin missing a plug. The bed linen was spotless but the top cover was a bit grubby. TV worked ok. There was plenty of storage space for clothes. The room was cleaned each day but will never look clean until it has been refurbished.
The breakfast room was much better than the rest of the building, clean and bright and sufficient tables for the size of the hotel. Breakfast was self-service orange juice, tea or coffee with waitress served toast ( second helping offered ) with butter and various jams. For anyone wanting a more substantial breakfast there are cafes close to Turnham Green station about 5 minutes walk away which serve all-day breakfast for under a fiver.
The hotel is in a good area with excellent transport links - 94 bus stop right outside the hotel for journeys to/from central London via Shepherds Bush/Notting Hill/Marble Arch or walk to Turnham Green station for the tube.
I stay in London B&Bs 4 or 5 times a year usually paying between £55 and £70 per night. Comparing Chiswick Court with the other 10 hotels I have used in the past 5 years, this would not be at the top end of my list but it would not be bottom either. If necessary I would stay here again - it wasn't good but for the price wasn't too bad either, hence the overall rating of Average.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank david m
Hereford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 December 2013

Very convenient for the venue I was visiting , but I would never stay here again. Filthy carpet in the bedroom (I could not bear to take socks off at night) ,cracked tiles in the shower room , bare lightbulb hanging from the ceiling , miserable breakfast ( I took my own) - what on earth foreign visitors to London must think if this is their first time here !!!!!????

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank lin s
Denver, CO
Reviewed 4 December 2013

This hotel is located close to the Stamford Brook/Turnham Green tube stops. I originally picked this to be closer to Heathrow on my last night and figured taking the tube from Zone 3 (Turnham Green) to Heathrow would be cheaper on the Picadilly Line. What I found out was the Picadilly line only stops there very early in the morning or very late at night. So the whole point of me getting this hotel was kind of pointless after I found that out (no fault of the hotels, just the location for anyone else doing the same).

As for the hotel, it was really nice to be able to check in at an early hour. That really helped out a lot and the hotel needs to be acknowledged for that. The price is very cheap compared to most of London as well, so that in itself makes it a good place for a night if you need it.

The room was basic, two small beds with a pillow each (which in most hotels I've stayed in, this is the standard). The walls are bare with stains on them, there is a single light that dangles down in the center of the room and the bathroom is very small (again, kind of standard for London).

The room did have a refrigerator in it, so that was nice to have if you needed it. Breakfast started at 8am, but I still never found out what it was all about. After getting down there, getting my table, getting my glass of orange juice, I realized you don't just go get your own food, you need to wait for them to bring it to you. Ok that's fine and seemed to be toast they were giving to everyone. Again, toast is fine for me that early, I just needed something to start the day. I continued to sit and watch people come in after me and sit down, but they never once came to my table after even looking at me over and over while they were serving others. It seems single people at a table aren't given anything and that was a waste of my time as I could have gotten something the night before and kept it in the fridge, or gone out earlier to somewhere near Turnham Green and ate. Because I wasted this time, I had no choice but go straight to the airport and miss out on having anything.

Turnham Green is the best bet for finding restaurants and such over Stamford Brook, so it is close to Chiswick High Street and has a number of places around there to eat.

Overall, I don't see any reason for me to stay here again, the location to Heathrow would have been better if I stayed closer to Acton Town (where the Picadilly Line actually needs to be picked up). For a stay longer than 2 days it is do able, but the trips into Central London or other areas will take some time by bus or tube from this location. But if you're on a budget, £40 is pretty hard to beat.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank warlord
Aberdeen
Reviewed 11 November 2013

This is not the best hotel I've stayed in, but then, the best hotel I've stayed in was about five times as expensive as the Chiswick Court Hotel - and it was not in expensive London.

The cons:
- single glazed windows let in noise from the outside (however traffic in nearby roads is not heavy);
- internal noice insulation is also poor, especially impact noise (people walking in rooms above or nearby and in corridor);
- carpets, walls, blankets are old, cracked and stained (but they were clean);
- no complimentary tea and tea facilities (there is a fridge though - I turned mine off as it was noisy);
- no complimentary showel gel in the bathroom (if you look carefully, there is actually some soap);
- room was small, bathroom was tiny;
- breakfast is very simple (but you can eat as much as you like);
- no WiFi.

The pros:
- location is good: it's just over five minutes to get to Turnham Green station, a bus to central London runs just by the hotel, many nice restaurants, pubs, etc on Chiswick's main street, 10 minuters away from the hotel;
- most of the staff, if not all, are actually polite, friendly and helpful, if you engage them in conversation;
- last and definitely not least, the price. There is loads of extra stuff you can do every day in London with the money saved on accommodation.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo