“Just about OK for one night”

and 1 more site!
Chiswick Court Hotel
Ranked #916 of 1,088 Hotels in London

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
Cardiff, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

Hotel is in a fairly nice area and 5 minute walk from Turnham Green Tube station. Feared the worse when we entered reception, as very dingy.
Rooms were very basic but linen and shower/toilet were clean and fresh. There was a fridge in the room but no tea/coffee facilities! This would have been welcome as we had travelled a fair way. Air conditioning would be welcome as room was very hot. bed very uncomfortable.
Wasn't sure that we would be able to eat breakfast in this place, but everything was clean. Only basic breakfast (toast and drink).
The staff were friendly

Room Tip: Don't spend too much time in hotel and you should be ok Ticked quiet because we were at the bac...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Hong Kong, China
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

I made a total of 4 separate bookings 4 months in advance for June 2014 because I used London as a base to travel to other UK cities. There was no hot shower water from the room and I waited the next morning to ask the staff if I could have a place to take a hot shower, as they do not have staff on duty from late evening till 8am. I did not ask for a replacement room. A staff checked to confirm that there was indeed no hot water and told me I could change room and take the shower there. After taking the shower, I realised the room was not suitable for me so I asked to have my original room back even if there was no hot shower. The staff in charge, a short Middle East man, possibly from Egypt, was very angry and he told me to get out of his hotel as I have too much complaints. He said he did not care if I had to sleep in the street as it was peak season in London. He warned me very rudely not to go back for other bookings as he would not open the door for me. I had no choice but to find an alternative room. Luckily, I managed to find a room elsewhere to stay. I reported to Booking.com about this unreasonable cancellation of bookings. The Chiswick Court staff made up false stories that I did not check out and would have charged me 40 pounds as penalty. I personally handed the key back to that staff who told me to go away and paid for 2 nights in cash. After Booking.com had intervened, they did not charge me any extra. But, the fact that this hotel can cancel bookings without justification means that any booking with them may not be secure. The extremely poor attitude of the staff means that if you happen to be on the receiving end of their poor temper, you may be in deep trouble in finding alternative accommodation in London, especially in peak seasons. I have travelled extensively to many countries and normally used budget hotels. They are normally very good value or at least acceptable. Chiswick Court in London is definitely a great disappointment.

Room Tip: Avoid top floor rooms as a staff told me that these rooms sometimes have no hot water for unknown re...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo

Travellers are raving about these London hotels

Toronto, Ontario
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014

The 'hotel' itself is really nothing at all, but then London is so outrageously expensive, anything under L50 a night is a bargain. No elevator and a basic breakfast, but the gentleman at reception was extremely polite. About a 10 minute walk from Turnham Green Tube, which is ideal if you are off back to the airport after a couple of days, as I was and do not need to do the sights of London. The area is a nice residential suburb

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2014

The Chiswick Court Hotel may notbe the best with smart new rooms and all the facilities, but for £30 via booking.com. I got a room with private facilties and TV in a nice part of Town and only 20 minutes from central London.
For business vistors downside is no Wifi and Breakfast starts from 8am , but I dnot think you are misisng much with Breakfast. I would stay again if I am looking for a cheap night.

Room Tip: The Tabard Pub is good 5 minutes down the road and District Line Zone 2 station is 5 minutes away
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Honestdog63
Yeovil, England, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2014

I booked this 'hotel' for a week while working in London. It was not booked through one of the usual sites that I used and I paid upfront for 5 nights. According to the website it had a restaurant so I was looking forward to being able to eat in the hotel in the evenings. If I want a B&B I'll look for one.

When I arrived I was shown one room which was extremely small. There was a fridge in there that was warmer than the room! I asked for another room with a fridge that worked and was given a slightly bigger room. As I unpacked I noticed that there was no tea, coffee or kettle. I went to reception and was told that they do not provide this! I managed to borrow a kettle and as a frequent traveller, I had sachets of coffee with me.

Breakfast is from 0800 - 0930 and consists of toast, tea, coffee, cereal and fruit juice. As I needed to be in central London by 0830 I didn't get a chance to sample these delights!

There is no restaurant - unless they claim that the breakfast room is what they are referring to!
The en-suite was the smallest I have ever been in - when assuming the position on the toilet, you have to sit at an angle because the wash basin is in the way. I am only 5' 9'' and I struggled with leg-room!

There is a free on site car park which suited my requirements as I was leaving the car and commuting each day, but that is the only redeeming feature.

In summary:
Pro's - On site car park. Clean bedding and towels.
Con's - No tea,coffee,milk or kettle. No evening meals. No Wi-Fi. Scruffy rooms. Very old Sony TV with Freeview box balanced on top. Tiny en-suite.

Room Tip: Sorry - there are no good rooms!
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business