“No returning to this one”
Review of Bridge Park Hotel

Bridge Park Hotel
Ranked #361 of 579 London B&B and Inns
Reviewed 11 November 2012

I stayed in this hotel for one night as it was next door to where I needed to be for business the next day. Reception staff are 'off hand' efficient, ok but not exactly welcoming. I was given a lower ground floor room which was like a sauna. It was so hot II started to get a headache. There was a window that I had open but it could be accessed from the car park and was so large it could easily be climbed through so I couldn't leave it open over night. To try and sleep I soaked one of the towels and laid it over me, it might have worked but another room had the TV so loud that kept me awake as much as the heat!

Positives? Well, to be honest, first and foremost for me is being able to sleep, if I can do that most others things can be ignored if a hotel is not great, but as I couldn't sleep safely here, I would not return. As general comments, the room I had was dated but it was clean and everything worked, there is a fridge, TV and lots of sockets for charging things up. I couldn't get connected to the wifi though. I just grabbed a coffee in the morning so I can't comment on the breakfast, by then I just wanted to leave. There is a Tesco Express next door where I grabbed some things as I did not feel comfortable to eat alone here, and I travel a lot for business and am used to eating alone but as I've said, I didn't feel comfortable here. There are a couple of take always over the road.

There is plenty of on site parking.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank RCB6219

Reviewed 2 November 2012

The room I had was small but it was very well laid out there was a safe and a fridge !!! but I wasn't there long enough to use them I only stayed one night but the breakfast was hot and plentiful !!
beware though as it is next to a busy road you will get noise but as it is London that is understandable

and it was so close to Wembley , and Fountain Studios (I went to see X Factor !! on Saturday 27th October)

Room Tip: Room201 was wonderful for one person it has a safe and a fridge and the smallest bathroom (well sh...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 October 2012

I was quite impressed with the hotel when I first saw it. You can see that there has been a lot of work gone in to the general decoration and upkeep of the building.
The check in was easy and the receptionist took me to my room. Usually in other hotels, you are given the key and pointed in the general direction of your room. I was a bit surprised to find that we were going downstairs, rather than up. In the corridor, it was very hot...too hot. It must have been about 28 degrees!
In my room it was the same standard as the reception. You can see that there has been recent work carried out. It looked as if all the bathroom fittings were brand new. I realised that my kettle was not working, so I reported it to reception. It took them just over an hour to find a replacement. The free Wi-Fi worked very well after I managed to connect to it. The room was very clean. However, the heated towel rail was switched on, actually too hot to touch. I switched it off, then realised that there were no windows! There are two extractor fans in the wall for ventilation. I switched them both on, but it did nothing to cool the room down. There is an additional wall mounted fan for cooling. With all three fans running, the room gets quite noisy.
I slept (tried to) naked on top of the bed all night. I was glad to get up for a shower in the morning.
Breakfast was excellent. There was a choice of cereal, fruit and cooked breakfast. The cooked breakfast is a "help yourself to as much as you like" type of buffet. It was good quality food which was well cooked.
In all, a good hotel spoiled by being far too hot.

Room Tip: Make sure that you ask if you are going to be put in the cellar! If they say yes, then ask for a dis...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 October 2012

Having read some reviews of this place after I had booked, I was a little worried about it, but, we found it an ok place to stay, we didn't here any of the noise that some have experienced. The room was ok and the breakfast very good.Our only complaint was that when we arrived back at the hotel from the England san marino game, we went to the bar, where they advertised cocktails behind the bar. Having asked for one for my partner, the landlord simply couldn't be bothered to it, explaining that no one had wanted one that night so it weren't worth doing it, very poor in my book.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 September 2012

Handy place to stay if you are going to an event at Wembley. Helpful, friendly staff.
Bedroom smelt of damp and as we were in the basement at the back of the building, we were disturbed by lots of noise from karaoke and people smoking and shouting all night in the pub garden - sleep quality NOT good. We asked for extra pillows - we didn't get any or an apology for not getting any.
Didn't enjoy breakfast -probably wasn't helped by the fact that foreign students had taken everything available to make sandwiches to take away as well as eating breakfast. Not enough tables and chairs for the number of people staying.

Room Tip: We had a room in the basement at the back of the building. Karaoke blasting out till late, people sm...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 September 2012

Stayed here last night as we were at wembley watching the rugby. Staff on arrival were very friendly, showed us to our room which was small but clean and tidy. We were out most of the day and night but beds very comfy and breakfast was nice. Surprisingly quiet consdering its on a main road.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 September 2012

Stopped for 1 night for the football at Wembley. Firstly I wasn't happy as booking.con said money would be taken on arrival but left account before. Also said double online but was a twin!
On arrival the guy on reciption was very friendly and showed us to our room. Room was quite small but very clean, the fridge didn't work though was very hot and made that much noise we turned it off! Beds were comfy, we had a shared bathroom but it was opposite our room and very very clean!
There was a lot of noise from the road outside, so it took a while to get to sleep! Then at 7.50 in the morning they were rolling beer barrels into the celler! Which went on for 15 mins and was very noisy!!!
Breakfast was basic but very nice, started at 7 we went at 9.40 so some a little dry!
Staff didn't speak much but did smile.
This hotel is a 5\7 min bus journey to Wembley or 25 min walk.
Overal very clean but basic and budget!

• Stayed: September 2012