All reviewsthe natural history museumbed dormhyde parkgloucester roadalbert hallbaked beansyogurtperfect locationheathrow airportvisit londontube
Reviewed 2 April 2014

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Meininger H, Front Office Manager at MEININGER Hotel London Hyde Park, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2014

Reviewed 28 March 2014

I ended up at the Meininger because I had to make a last minute change to my itinerary and it was the only affordable hotel near an event at the Science Museum. Beggars can't be choosers, but this rated as one my worst hotel experiences ever. My experience in chronological order:

- During check in, they asked for a physical receipt. Now, the room had been booked online through a third party and already paid in full. They had my reservation on file but wouldn't let me check in. This remains the only time I've ever had to physically present a receipt to check in.

- Because I didn't have the receipt printed, I asked to borrow theirs. They pointed me to an internet kiosk. I had to buy 15 minutes of internet time.

- Once checked in, they asked me, "would you like a towel." That was ominous. I realize now that this is more of a hostel than a hotel, but come on.

- The elevator took forever to arrive. The hallways are noisy.

- The rooms are tiny (which is fine). The bathrooms are tinier. I felt like I was showering in the space station or something.

This is not a hotel for business travelers. I'm sure it's fine for kids on a gap year or ultra-budget conscious folks who need to be in this location, but I certainly won't return. I do describing it to others when telling hotel horror stories, though.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Strangebrewfellows

Dear guest,

thank you for this honest comment.
We regret, that we couldn't meet your expectations and that you didn't felt comfortable while staying with us.
We nevertheless hope that you maybe visit one of our other hotels to get a better impression of MEININGER:-)

Kind Regards,
Your MEININGER Team London

Reviewed 26 March 2014

I stayed for a night in a 4 bed dormitory. It's pretty decent for the price in London. My stay was overall ok but I had a bit of trouble working the shower and running water. There was a period in the shower stall where I pressed the button for water and nothing came out, but it sorted itself out after a while and at least there was ample space in the bathroom to change in and out of my clothes.

Room Tip: best not to take a room on the upper most level (6th floor) as the wifi signal is very weak, if at all.
Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank jade128

Dear guest,

thank you for this feedback. We appreciate that!
If you have any trouble with the hotel's facilities,please always let us know, so that we can try to fix these things;-) We hope that you nevertheless enjoyed your stay!

Hope to see you again!
Your MEININGER Team London

Reviewed 25 March 2014

We stayed here for one night last weekend on a whirlwind tour of London. The rooms were basic, but clean. The staff were the highlight and were SO friendly.
Location is this place's best feature and worth giving up a little comfort for the huge price difference for a hotel in the same area (hundreds of pounds).
I'd definitely stay here again with a school group or even with my three young children. I wouldn't recommend it for couples though!
The only down side to the place is the size of the bathrooms. One party leader on the trip is larger than most and, seriously, we had our doubts about her getting into the shower! She's not even that much bigger! ha!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Meininger H, Manager at MEININGER Hotel London Hyde Park, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for your feedback!

We are really glad to hear that the service provided by our staff is highly appreciated. And we will soon start a complete refurbishment of the bathrooms which will be a great improvement for our hotel and, most important, for our guests.
Greetings from the Meininger London team

Reviewed 18 March 2014

staying near the Royal Albert Hall is a walking distance fun
V&A down the road
tube station down the road in the other direction
I loved the sight of my window
all museums
the breakfast was extra but good and plenty
beds good
room spacious
shower small but good
there is a helpful international staff
lobby good
computers a little slow
to cut a long story short
it is worth the while

Room Tip: because of the double glazing all are fine in the winter
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family

Dear guest, thank you so much for your comment! Hope to see you again in one of our hotels across Europe. Greetings from Meininger London