All reviewsthe natural history museumbed dormhyde parkgloucester roadalbert hallbaked beansyogurtperfect locationheathrow airportvisit londontube
Reviewed 22 April 2014

The hotel is a youth hostel, very basic and expensive for the quality of the beds and the room. The sheets were not clean and for a family room for four they do not make the bed on the top...so you have to do it yourself.....unbelievable.
Do not come with a car since there is no car park even if they advertise it as possible! Not a good choice!

Room Tip: Not a good choice
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Meininger H, Manager at MEININGER Hotel London Hyde Park, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2014

Dear guest,

We are sorry that we didn’t meet your expectations.
The company we use for the housekeeping department does not allow employees to do the top bunks for health and safety reasons. Anyhow, we are sorry that your sheets had some stains on them. Next time please ask for new sheets at reception.
We do have a parking garage and parking spaces need to be booked in advance with the conference office, that we share the building with.
We hope we can welcome you again at one of our Meininger hotels.

Kind regards,

Your Meininger-Team

Reviewed 20 April 2014

I ended up staying here twice on my trip. The first time I was on level 6 in a tiny 4 person dorm, with no air con, and two of the showers didn't work, plus a distinct lack of power points in the rooms. But the location is good, and I felt safe (as Im traveling by myself)
The 2nd time was much better. I ended up on level 5 in an 8 girl door with private bathroom. And aircon! YAY!
Breakfast is good, nothing hot is served though. Also, they ever seem to check if you have payed for breakfast or not in the morning, so you could probably just eat without paying.

Room Tip: Get a room with aircon.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Meininger H, Front Office Manager at MEININGER Hotel London Hyde Park, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2014

Dear guest,
Thank you for taking your time to leave your comment about your stay.

On the 6th floor we have our basic dorms with are a bit different from the rest of the dorms in our building. Unfortunately we had some maintenance works in two of the bathrooms and we deeply apolozige for the inconvenience.
We are glad that you enjoyed the rest of your stay and we really hope to welcome you again in one of our hotels across Europe!

Greetings from the London team.

Reviewed 10 April 2014

for £27 a bunk bed in an 8 bed dorm with an ensuite in Central London is fantastic for those on a budget, the bathroom IS like something on a plane, the shower curtain is clingy plastic, the mirror gets steamed up, the "lockers" should be lockable, the fellow inmates were all fine & easy to get on with, I slept all night, the top bunk was a bit of a struggle for an older guy like me, the staff were really friendly & could not have been more helpful, the location you are in is fantastic, the breakfast was adequate, nothing else compares for the money, as long as you know what to expect nothing is a disappointment

Room Tip: arrive as early as you can to get a bottom bunk
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo

Dear guest, thank you for leaving your comment with us.

We know that our central location offers a lot of possibilities to our travellers to explore London and our staff is always available for nice tips on how to get the best from your trip.

We are also starting a refurbishment in our bathrooms to provide extra confort to our guests!

Hope to see you soon at Meininger!
Greetings from London

Reviewed 2 April 2014

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Meininger H, Front Office Manager at MEININGER Hotel London Hyde Park, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2014

Reviewed 28 March 2014

I ended up at the Meininger because I had to make a last minute change to my itinerary and it was the only affordable hotel near an event at the Science Museum. Beggars can't be choosers, but this rated as one my worst hotel experiences ever. My experience in chronological order:

- During check in, they asked for a physical receipt. Now, the room had been booked online through a third party and already paid in full. They had my reservation on file but wouldn't let me check in. This remains the only time I've ever had to physically present a receipt to check in.

- Because I didn't have the receipt printed, I asked to borrow theirs. They pointed me to an internet kiosk. I had to buy 15 minutes of internet time.

- Once checked in, they asked me, "would you like a towel." That was ominous. I realize now that this is more of a hostel than a hotel, but come on.

- The elevator took forever to arrive. The hallways are noisy.

- The rooms are tiny (which is fine). The bathrooms are tinier. I felt like I was showering in the space station or something.

This is not a hotel for business travelers. I'm sure it's fine for kids on a gap year or ultra-budget conscious folks who need to be in this location, but I certainly won't return. I do describing it to others when telling hotel horror stories, though.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Strangebrewfellows

Dear guest,

thank you for this honest comment.
We regret, that we couldn't meet your expectations and that you didn't felt comfortable while staying with us.
We nevertheless hope that you maybe visit one of our other hotels to get a better impression of MEININGER:-)

Kind Regards,