“Highly recommended”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Hyde Park Rooms Hotel
Ranked #246 of 573 London B&B and Inns
London, England, United Kingdom
“Highly recommended”
Reviewed 15 September 2012

The B&B is in the centre of London, near Paddington Station, Hyde Park and Kensington Gardens.
I stayed here while I was moving here in London and I must say that I was taken with the place.
Carole, the innkeeper was very nice and very helpful.
Each morning I would have for breakfast a cup of coffee, bacon and eggs and orange in a charming and cozy dining room. And the hotel personal staff was very friendly.
This is a place I would definitely recommend!!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Berlin, Germany
Reviewed 28 August 2012

This is a great B&B, very good located, good value with wonderful staff. Carole, who is the owner, is a wonderful lady, very helpful. I always come here when I am in London and will hopefully come many times again. I love the place which is like a home for me.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank hbberlin
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 August 2012

My husband and I have stayed at this hotel every time we have been in London. It is very centralt situated, it is reasonable in price to be in London, it is clean and tidy, a good beakfast in a charmant dining room and a hotel with personal atmosphere. We'll come back!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Inger-Torill
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Reviewed 14 August 2012

Carole was the innkeeper I had most to do with, and there were two other staff I had regular interactions with that cleaned our room and made us breakfast each morning. 1 or 2 eggs, 2 rashers of bacon, and lots of cereal and toast between 8-930am - a bit late for some early morning meetings, but normally convenient. Carole was prepared to help us with directions, a place for our car, my bicycle, my bags after I'd checked-out, finding another guest to accompany us to events when we had a spare ticket. It all helped to make the experience a memorable one.

Room Tip: 75 stairs from the basement where breakfast is the the second-most top-floor is a bit much for some...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Lucas R
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 July 2012

The Staff are amazing, especially Carol - Always able to help above and beyond the call in any manor I required and I had more than one unusual request.

The rooms were excellent: clean, comfortable, and very affordable for central London.

The location is literally down the street from Paddington Station and you can get to the Circle, District and Hammersmith lines in 5 mins from the door to the room.

Bathrooms are available ensuite if you pay a little extra.

Breakfast is £5 /day and consists of eggs, bacon, toast, etc.

No Curfew, key access to front door.

Cannot recommend this Hotel or commend it's staff enough, will definately stay here again!

Room Tip: Rooms that do not have an ensuite bathroom require you to share one down the hall, but there's 1...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
Fairbanks, Alaska
Reviewed 21 May 2012

My 14 year old son and I stayed in a twin room for 6 days. We love this place! Carol is delightful, the breakfast is tasty and the location could not be better. For a budget hotel, it does not get any better than this in London. I wore earplugs to block out street noise but it was definitely bearable.

Room Tip: If you don't want street noise, try and get a room in the back
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank NorthernLights60826
Mudgeeraba, Australia
Reviewed 3 May 2012

My partner and I stayed here in August 2011. We loved how close the B&B was to the tube station and Hyde Park. Lovely streets and sooooo many restuarants etc near by. (Try and find the Pride of Paddington Pub if you stay here... up towards the tube station. BEST BBQ ribs ever! And awesome pub atmosphere!)
However, the hotel was more of a hostel and we arrived when the owner was out and was greeted by someone who barely spoke english. We had to speak to the owner over the phone to confirm our booking and it was like she wasn't expecting us at all. Luckily we paid extra and got a room with an ensuite however it was downstairs and felt like we were so far away from everything - even the wifi didn't work in our room, we had to go outside toward the breakfast kitchen just to get reception for it.
Breakfast however was great! cooked well and always offered more to eat (we never went hungry).

Room Tip: Definately pay extra to have room with ensuit bathroom!
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple