“Great Location; Good Breakfast; Small, but Comfortable Rooms”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Hyde Park Rooms Hotel
Ranked #246 of 555 London B&B and Inns
Alabama
“Great Location; Good Breakfast; Small, but Comfortable Rooms”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Hotel is well located, really close to the tube, The area is beautiful. This is one of the least stylist hotels in the neighborhood, but, hey, you're in London and not spending a lot of time in the room. The breakfast is very good and very British. We were there in June, and London was pretty hot. No air conditioning, but we stayed comfortable with the window open and earplugs. All in all, it was a good experience. When we return to London, we will probably look for a step up in quality, but would certainly stay there again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Ferrara, Italy
Reviewed 24 May 2014

This cheap hotel is central and near to almost everything in London, moreover passing Hyde Park (it is about 5 min walking by the hotel) your can reach South Kensington. Then it is also near Imperial College - Royal Albert Hall and so on....but everything has a price in our life. Don't expect to find a 5star hotel (not even a 2star actually). Rooms are old and someone without private bathroom. Personally I had it but it was really really small, I could not use the sink if the door of the bath was closed for instance. Anyway my wi-fi connection was ok and I had a bed....that's all I needed for 55 pounds a day.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Forest Hills, New York
Reviewed 11 February 2014

I stayed here with my wife for four nights. It was in a great location (2 blocks from Paddington Station) and was fairly inexpensive ($75-$100 USD per night for private room with shared bathroom). Very friendly staff, included breakfast and no safe in the room. Would recommend, overall good value.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Vincent R
manhattan
Reviewed 23 December 2013 via mobile

Found this B&B on trip advisor. It didn't disappoint.
When exploring a city for a few days, in order of preference I like;
Location
Clean
Wifi in rooms
Value - as I am not much in the room.
Bonus was a tv to see morning news, friendly lady running the establishment, quiet inside as other people were very quiet, great breakfast freshly cooked.

Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank judManhattan
Geneva, Switzerland
Reviewed 19 October 2013

I'm perplexed in rating this B&B.
I booked this place it costed £160 for 2 nights. (Approx. CHF100 per night) for a room with shared bathroom.
I was by myself and I know being in LON and right smack in the shopping district, I won't be spending that much time in the room nor the bathroom.

Firstly, I took a taxi there from Ibis LONDON City and it costed me £36! It was 4 pm and why traffic why! I just couldn't bear taking the super inconvenient tube with never ending flights of stairs. NO WAY. (I had luggageS)

We had a hard time finding this place, I arrived at the Cumberland Tower reception and the security was like "This is not the reception, the lady working for the hotel is coming). She passed by a few minutes later with some other guests. I had to insist for her to take me to my room asap as the taxi meter was running, there was some miscommunication between us and it's just (--).

She is one overworked Romanian girl. She running back and forth juggling all these check-ins and what nots, I feel bad for her. I hope she is paid enough for her job.

I think this Hyde Park Rooms Hotel is comprising of several buildings as she checks in guests here and there in the nearby buildings.
I think she does the housekeeping as well?

My room was a brightly lit one, thank God for the Romanian guy who just arrived a couple months ago and does not speak English much (only Romanian or Spanish) +_+!
It's funny how he made me complete a questionnaire right AFTER check in.
How can I rate before even sleeping on the bed or checking out the rest of the place?
Judging form the many bad reviews I read online, I think the management forced the employees to do this. Clearly, this is NOT the right way.

The room is very clean (surprisingly) and the guy showed me the bathroom and toilet.
He explained that the toilet flush is not working too well and that I had too press down twice.
The bathroom and toilet were furnished with many mismatched tiles. I think they just pick up leftover tiles form other constructions?

I heard some Francophonies in the other rooms, I think they are French girls.
After using the shower room thrice in 2 days, I think either I'm the only one using the shower room or they have super efficient cleaning people cleaning the bathrooms after every use!
Thank God it was not a nightmare sharing bathrooms and toilets!

Marble Arch tube station is literally 5-7 mins walk away.
Nearby the hotel (not sure if this place can be called a hotel...) you will find several eateries, shops and even spa center/massage/beauty salon (YIPPEEE!)

Tesco is also a stone's throw away, during my last night, I stumbled upon the "Arab Street" of LON! 4 mins walk away! How wonderful!
Money exchange rate at the "Arab Street" here is also better!

WIFI is available at an additional cost of £5/day. It was speedy. Thank GOD!

They provide luggage storage service and and on the day of departure, I was told that I had to pay £5 (I think) per luggage! I've not been to ANY B&B/ any star hotels that charges for luggage storage, per piece or not!

Frankly, to me, this is a no-star accommodation, they should not even have the word "hotel" in the name.

My whole experience here was a much perplexed one as I mentioned as there were the outrageous parts (as is most B&Bs in UK, there is NO LIFT!), there were some drunk girl who was having a very intense and emotional conversation with her boyfriend about how inconsiderate he is and all the crying.... GOD, at 1 am....or 2am? I was so knackered I fell asleep in the end...

There was also the nice part where the Romanian lady came back 30 mins later after check in to apologize for the miscommunication upon check in.
And the fact that they were very nice and helpful and waived off the "luggage storage fee" in the end.

I am considering to return all because of the LOCATION.
As my Prof. de Jong says, LOCATION LOCATION LOCATION.

And for clean room, good night rest, good internet connection and the GOOD price.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 29 September 2013

By daughter and I just spend 13 nights at the Hyde Park Rooms Hotel. First of all I did a lot of research on accommodation before arriving in London and I was horrified at how expensive it is. I was pleasantly surprised by the rates at this B&B which is located in a very central area in London, no more than 2 minutes walk from Paddington underground station, lots of restaurants and cafes and very close to the beautiful Hyde Park. It is located on a street that is full of similar hotels and B&B's, it is a very busy area full of tourists. The B&B is certainly nothing flash but it is clean and in a safe area and I was perfectly satisfied with our stay. We slept in a double room which was simply furnished but what more do you need other than a warm bed, a wardrobe for your belongings, a tv and a functioning shower. The room and bathroom are small, but then this is London and you could pay many times more at a more expensive hotel and still find yourself in a small room. Carole the owner is lovely, she was pleasant and helpful and always greeted guests warmly at the breakfast each more morning. The breakfast I found was very good, decent portions of eggs and bacon, baked beans, cereal, juice, toast and tea or coffee. Nothing fancy but good enough to set you up for a day exploring London and cooked on the spot to your liking (ie; fried eggs, omelette, etc). I will say that if you have huge suitcases you may have difficulties as there is no lift access on the stairs and quite narrow and steep towards the top floors. As this is not a purpose built hotel, there is no real soundproofing as such, expect to hear other guests opening and closing doors, going up and down the stairs, etc. Though I was aware of the noise other guests, it was not excessive and the B&B was fairly quiet and peaceful most of time considering that it is in such a busy area. If you are the sort of person who would really prefer to,spend their money actually seeing London rather than just paying for a place to shower and sleep, I would recommend the Hyde Park Rooms Hotel as a good option for somewhere clean, safe and very central to shops, restaurants and transport.

Room Tip: If you have large amounts of heavy luggage, perhaps ask for a room on a lower floor to avoid using t...