London City Hotel
Rosewood London(London)
US$596
US$499
  • Restaurant
All reviewsborough tube stationcafe rivashared bathroomborough high streetguys hospitalnorthern lineliterally next doorclose to london bridgeno liftsingle roomfirst floorground floorbudget hotelwould highly recommend this hotelcomfy bedsmall hoteldefinitely stay here again
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 February 2014

Very glad I found this place. Good value for such a central location (I'm working on Borough High Street; this hotel is literally next door to Borough tube station).
I booked a single room, shared bathroom. The photos on their website are spot-on so the room was as I expected: small, like a student room (minus desk), with a sink in the room, and the bathroom (shower only) just steps down the hall. The room was better furnished than a student room, with luxe bedlinen, blind & curtains for black-out. And the room, bathroom and shared areas were very clean. My room (11) was completely silent, warm and cosy, and I slept solid for 8 hours. As a lady staying on my own, I felt very safe here.
I was checked in by Ivana who was energetic and friendly, even at 10pm. Next time, I'd like to try out Cafe Riva, their 'sister' cafe which is just underneath the hotel, because I hear it's v good (and opens at 6am). Really great 'find' and I've recommended it to my colleagues. Great value - just manage your expectations!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1948john, Guest Relations Manager at London City Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your review and for the personal feedback for our staff member Iwona.

We are really pleased that the hotel met your expectations and suited you on your trip.

We are constantly updating our linen and all rooms have just been fitted with new luxury bedspreads. We always aim for the rooms to feel as comfortable as possible with the space available.

We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 10 February 2014

Everything was really nice. Clean rooms, really friendly and helpful staff and excellent breakfast.
It has delicious tea with biscuits on his room. We were more than happy just to stay there. If we are traveling to London again we choose this hotel again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Daniel,

I am very happy to receive your review.

Thank you for appreciating our tea and biscuits. We have just upgraded our tea options to Birchall, a high quality independent supplier (packed less than 2 miles from the hotel) and the biscuits are a delicious new additions to the rooms.

Please do come and stay with us again.

Reviewed 8 February 2014 via mobile

It was last March I booked a room in this hotel as part of my biz trip to England and Portugal. Having travelled world wide I would say it's one of the best budget hotels with quality service. Well done guys ...

• Stayed: March 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for leaving a review for us.

We are very pleased to have your positive feedback.

We hope to see you again soon,

Reviewed 7 February 2014

Hotel was very central to all areas with the tube right next door. Staff were most helpful and friendly. The room was basic but clean with en suite. However it was very noisy from within the hotel. Would I stay here again? yes for the convenience alone but not for a good nigfhts sleep.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family

Dear Anne,

Thanks very much for taking the time to leave a review.

Good to hear that the tube station right next door worked for you.

Thank you for the feedback about noise. We always appreciate feedback from guests and will be making improvements to our soundproofing. Our ground floor rooms already benefit from this.

Reviewed 2 February 2014 via mobile

good food and nice service. very clean atmosohere. we will come again idealy located by the train station. very efficient and polite staffs. i will tell friends and family to stay here. if you visit here visit the marks and spencer which is just round the corner. good bargains

• Stayed: January 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your review. Pleased that you had such a pleasant experience and loved the location.