“Staff fantastic.” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #151 of 1,089 Hotels in London
Glasgow
“Staff fantastic.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014

Stayed for two nights with my husband. Hotel not fully open yet but we could not find fault. Our room was great, comfy big bed, luxurious carpet and balcony with views. Room and all areas spotless. Obviously a real treat to stay on a luxury yacht however Sunborns greatest feature seems to be it's staff. Without exception helpful,polite and friendly. Also the bar staff make a fine caipirinha!

• Stayed June 2014
2 Thank Claire G
SunbornLondon, Guest Relations Manager at Sunborn London, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Dear Claire,

Thank you for stay aboard Sunborn London!

We are most happy that you have stayed aboard our hotel during our soft opening period and under the circumstances of not being 100% facilitated, our services and staff exceeded your expectation.

We next in London I would appreciated if you could contact me directly as we would love to have you as a return guest and I would also like to assist you with making your reservation, bringing to your attention the events that will be going on in and around London.

Claire I look forward to hearing from you soon!

Warm and kind regards,

Guest Relations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (681)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
Jerusalem, Yerushalayim, Israel
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014 via mobile

Sunborn combines old school glamour with modern charm and amenities. And what could be better than sleeping and dining on a yacht?! (My balcony was fitted with deck chairs and all.) Perfect if attending a conference at Excel. Plus the staff is friendly and warm, especially Mariam. Amazing hotel.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Paula K
Dear Paula,

Thank you for stay aboard Sunborn London!

It was a pleasure having you stay on board our hotel and to receive this fantastic feedback of our facilities and service is very much appreciated.

We hope in the near future you will return to as a leisure guest and that it may not always be business, in the respect that you may enjoy what London has to offer.

When visiting London in future we would love for you to come back and stay with us, and if you can contact me it would be my pleasure in assisting you with your reservation.

Sincerely

Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

Last week I had the pleasure of staying onboard the new Sunborn Yacht in London. I was not quite sure what to expect but it was an excellent experience. From the friendly enthusiastic staff, to the spacious well finished room/cabin, to the quality food and not forgetting the night view of London skyline it was truly enjoyable stay.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank David J
Dear David,

Thank you for staying aboard Sunborn London!

It brings us great joy to know that you have had an enjoyable experience here at our and have positive feed back of the facilities we have available enjoying the panoramic views.

We look forward to having you back in the near future and would encourage you when making your reservation to contact me directly to assist you with your reservation so that you may have an even better experience.

Sincerely

Farnham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

My husband and I stayed in a suite on the Sunborn Yacht on Friday 6th June for our anniversary and it was fabulous - especially the private sauna! We even had our own sun deck!

The staff were all very friendly and attentive and the service was excellent.

We ate in the restaurant in the evening and the food was marvelous - not cheap, but not silly prices either. Breakfast was extensive and was thoroughly enjoyed.

The bed was extremely confortable and huge!

We went on the United Emirates Cable Car over to the O2 as well - that was scary, but very cool and just a few minutes walk from the Yacht.

Would totally recommend.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mel L
Dear Mel,

Thank you for stay aboard Sunborn London!

We are keen to turning moments into memories, especially when celebrating a special occasion such as this.

We are delighted to know you have enjoyed your experience with us and in the near future upon your return to London, would be happy to have you stay with us again.

Whether it be a special occasion, visiting friends or even just a visit back to London, if you could contact me directly I would be more than happy in assisting you with your reservation.

Looking forward your seeing you soon!

Spalding, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

We were honoured to be part of the soft opening of this amazing hotel/ship and can only really state that everything is exceptional. Upon first arriving I was a bit concerned that my non-celebrity/rich/famous status would make me an unwanted; I couldn't have been further from the truth. The staff were so welcoming and friendly, they treated us like long time friends. The manager, Ramone, showed us to our room and was a pleasure to deal with very easy going and polite. The whole team were open to any comments and were a true delight - thank you. As for the room, it was immaculately clean and tidy. The towels were huge and soft, the carpet was deep and squidgy, the sheets were soft and welcoming, the bed was vast and possibly THE most comfortable bed I've ever slept in apart from my own at home!!! The room was beautifully appointed and I was not disappointed by a single thing. We will certainly be going back again and I wouldn't hesitate for a single second in recommending this stunning hotel to anybody staying in London, it really is a gem of a place and perfectly placed right by the Excel arena too.

Room Tip: It won't matter which room you have, they're all amazing, clean and beautiful - ENJOY!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Stefen W
SunbornLondon, Guest Relations Manager at Sunborn London, responded to this review, 4 July 2014
Dear Stefan,

Thank you for staying aboard Sunborn London!

It is us that were honoured to have you and your guest aboard our hotel during our soft opening.

Every guest we have aboard is important and a celebrity from our point of view which is why we strive for guest satisfaction and perfection for all guest experiences.

Thank you for acknowledging all service departments that were available and that you've enjoyed .

We would like to know when you will be visiting London again, as we would love to have you as a return guest and ask for myself the Guest Relations Manager to assist you with your reservation.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

When my partner and I arrived with friends we were overwhelmed by the the warm hospitality that we received from the staffs. They assist us by taking our luggage to our room, very helpful. They were even so kind as to offer to order meal from outside for us as we arrived late and the restaurant on board was closed. The rooms were immaculate bed was very comfortable. During breakfast hours staffs were very helpful as my partner wasn't feeling well I came down to get our breakfast and the kind and attentive staffs offered to take my partner's breakfast up to our room. Thanks to all Sunburn staffs for your ambience. Can't wait to get back on board and enjoy luxury.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Dahlia T
SunbornLondon, Guest Relations Manager at Sunborn London, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Dear Dahlia,

Thank you for staying aboard Sunborn London!

Due to your late arrival I am exceptionally happy our staff were able to assist you in providing a meal and also came to your aid when your partner was not feeling well. As you mentioned the rooms being comfortable due to the circumstances of your partner not feeling well.

We cannot wait to have you return to have an even better experience!

If you have yet made you reservation for future booking, I will encourage you that when you are ready to make your reservation, to contact us directly.

Looking forward to seeing you soon!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

Wow! Had an amazing stay at the Sunborn Hotel. Room was gorgeous, and really big for what I was expecting. If you get the chance make sure you upgrade to a room with a balcony. The chef there serves the best scallops ever. Already booked my return visit.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Ian P
Dear Ian,

Thank you for staying aboard Sunborn London!

I can only imagine the experience you had with the facilities we have aboard with our spacious rooms and fantastic view of Docklands over looking the Excel, O2 and Canary Wharf.

We are glad your dinning experience was enjoyable and our Chef will be very please to know your feedback on the Scallops.

As you have already made your next booking, may I please advise that you speak to the Guest Relations Manager you arrival!