Sunborn London
US$213
US$188
galahotels.com
3,075 results
All reviewsthe emirates cable carriver viewexcel centrefloating hotelmolton brown toiletriesroyal victoria dockemirates airlinecustom housecanary wharfcity airportunique hotelcoffee machineafternoon teabirthday treatexecutive roomfantastic stayone night stay
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Spent the weekend at the hotel for my wedding anniversary, from the moment I got through the door to the time I left I felt nothing but welcome. The facilities were excellent and the proximity to local attractions was great. The city was only two stops away on the DLR and the underground. The Emirates Air Line is walking distance from the hotel. I got a return package on the cable car and access to the exhibition which was good value for only £15. If you go early in the morning you will be able to get a cable car to yourself as it’s not too busy.

Room Tip: Try and get a river side room for best views.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Robert D
Reviewed 7 July 2014

As per previous review - WOW. We stayed there so to see Monty Python at the 02. So only one night. How convenient as well. A short stroll to the cable car going over the river to the 02. Also London City Airport is within walking distance.
The yacht is jaw dropping to look at then when you get on board everything is spotless and beautiful.
Sitting on the deck with a cocktail and a club sandwich, looking at Canary Wharf, O2 and the cable car is just so nice, especially on a hot day.
The staff are all very pleasant and can't do enough to make you feel at home. After the show we arrived back rather hungry and although the kitchen was closed, the bar manager offered to make us up a charcuterie with some toast (which wasn't even on their menu).
Fantastic value as well.
This will be the only place I will stay if going to the East side of London.
24 hr Parking was only £15
I can't think of one reason to stay at the other hotels around this yacht. We WILL be going back for a longer stay next time, to spoil ourselves rotten again!!

3  Thank Grev L
Reviewed 7 July 2014

I spent a lovely birthday weekend aboard the Sunborn and was delighted with the experience. Firstly greeted by experienced, professional and friendly staff that were more than accommodating and willing to go out of the way for its customers.

The rooms are in excellent condition, spacious and cleaned to the highest of standards.

The food aboard was incredible, I had the Asparagus Risotto for lunch and my partner had the Seabass with Pak Choi! Only dissapointment was that I could not eat more of the delicious food.

Dinner was busy and the atmosphere was lovely! We enjoyed a Fillet Steak watching the lights of the Canary Wharf.

Management Team are fantastic and really go out of there way to make your stay enjoyable.

Had a wonderful birthday - Big Thank you!

Room Tip: All rooms are lovely - Sea View
1  Thank Siobhan_7x
SunbornLondon, Guest Relations Manager at Sunborn London, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Dear Siobhan,

Thank you for staying aboard Sunborn London!

We appreciate you choosing our hotel to celebrate you special occasion.

We apologise your only let down was that you could not eat more, however we don't want you to apologise for enjoying our delicious fresh food, we encourage you to come back not just for the food but to enjoy the services that we will soon have available.

Please contact me directly for future reservation as I would be delighted to assist you.

Sincerely

Reviewed 6 July 2014

This luxury Yacht Hotel -is perfection.We stayed for one night when visiting London to attend the Coldplay concert at Albert Hall.Firstly location is superb,3 stops on DLR ,hotel has arranged good rates for parking-but you can park at Westfield for £5 for 24 hrs so perfect.If you are attending the O2 you could not go wrong staying here-Victoria Docklands is a beautiful area and we opted to stop at Canary Wharf and people watch whilst eating Al Fresco .We arrived to be greeted by a very polite porter who took our bags , once we went to check in we where advised the manager wanted to personally meet us to congratulate us on our 21st wedding anniversary.We were given a tour and some history of the Yacht and then complimentary drinks on the deck-it was a lovely touch -nothing better on a sunny day sipping wine and watching the sun go down over the London Skyline.We then had another surprise to find we had been given a complimentary upgrade to a junior suite.OMG-fabulous--luxury bathroom with Molton Brown toiletries,living area with flowers ,state of art coffee machine,then we went to the bedroom -rose petals on the bed -exceptionally romantic gesture !-and then the luxury of our own private river view balcony- really beats a standard hotel room.We did not eat at the restaurant -however there were several people in when we went through,We went off for our concert feeling refreshed and spoilt ! we thought the service and attentiveness couldn't get any better ,however when we returned complimentary luxury chocolates and my favourite macaroons were waiting-truly thoughtful. The room was exceptionally clean,the staff very attentive,the location beautiful ,its a great location and a real gem-we will undoubtedly return
I highly recommend a stay on this luxury yacht.
Thank you to the Manager & Staff for making this a very memorable trip-hope to see you again soon

Room Tip: we stayed in room 5034-perfection
5  Thank PaulaRankin

Dear Ms Rankin,

Thank you for staying aboard Sunborn London!

We are keen on doing our best to turning moments into memories. You are most welcome and we Thank You for giving us the chance to prove we can deliver good service which shows from your comments.

As you mentioned you will return and we very much look forward to seeing you soon.

Please contact me directly and I will be happy to assist you with your reservation.

Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

Cannot fault this hotel. I forgot a card for my wife's anniversary so dropped the hotel a line asking if they could assist. When we arrived we were 3 hours before check in but were offered complimentary drinks on the deck whilst our room was prepared. A short while after reception advised us the room was ready and that we had been given a complimentary upgrade to an executive room. We walked into the room to find towel art, petals on the bed, a tray of amazing sweets and both a card for my wife and a handwritten letter from the manager. The room was immaculate and had a lovely balcony overlooking the dock. There is a Sony tablet in place of the usual paper hotel guides and a lavazza coffee machine. The bed is so comfortable and it really was the best 2 night stay in London I have had in a very long time. DLR a short walk away, as is a Tesco express, NISA local plus several bars and restaurants. The Emirates airline and O2 are also both very close. The staff are so polite and helpful and I cannot recommend this place highly enough. We will definitely be back!

Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank JPring

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying aboard Sunborn London!

This is the least we can do when celebrating occasions such as yours.

Thank you for sharing your kind feedback for viewers to read of your experience aboard our hotel and we look forward to having you and your wife back very soon to stay with us again.

Please contact me directly as it would be my pleasure assisting you with your reservation.

Kind and warm regards,