Sunborn London
US$258
US$191
Priceline
3,077 results
All reviewsthe emirates cable carriver viewexcel centrefloating hotelmolton brown toiletriesroyal victoria dockemirates airlinecustom housecanary wharfcity airportunique hotelcoffee machineafternoon teabirthday treatexecutive roomfantastic stayone night stay
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Even if you’re not going to the O2 it’s a new and exciting venue.
I recently went with my family to this lovely boat hotel in the East of London. It was intended as an end of term treat for the children but we loved it too.
We had a suite which had two rooms - one double bedroom as well as a living room with a sofa bed where the children slept very well. In addition there was an enormous bathroom complete with a sauna and Molton Brown toiletries. I think anyone staying here has to think about the suite option as it really gives the stay that extra something. The children were thrilled and so were we. The accommodation was so spacious that it was easy for us to share as a family without anyone getting on top of anyone else. We also had a massive private terrace overlooking the docks. This is a must and gives a great view of Docklands – wonderful at night.
Inventive cocktails and a sunset followed by a lovely dinner in the restaurant rounded off our evening perfectly. Very romantic, even with the children.
After a good night’s sleep we took the Emirates cable car (a 5 minute walk) and went to the Emirates museum where the children had lots of fun. We then went over to the O2 arena itself – very easy to get to - and had a little walk around.
Great value and wonderful experience.

Room Tip: executive suite with balcony - great value
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Katharina T
SunbornLondon, Guest Relations Manager at Sunborn London, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Dear Katharina,

Thank you for staying aboard Sunborn London!

It was a pleasure having you aboard with your family and thank you also for your kind feedback. I am glad we were able to give you a memorable stay and exceed your expectations.

Our executive suite is one of our amazing rooms and it makes us happy that not only did you enjoy our hotel you venture the area for you and your family to appreciate the different attraction is our area.

We looking forward to you and your family come back with us and if you could contact me directly when making you reservation, I will be happy to assist you.

Kind and warm regards,

Reviewed 27 July 2014

A fantastic treat for the family...combined with a trip on the cable car and the Clipper, my daughters (10 & 7) had a really great weekend. The yacht hotel was a very special place to stay. All the staff were excellent, extremely friendly and helpful. Everywhere was spotlessly clean and both dinner and breakfast were delicious. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Sunborn London if you want somewhere unique and special to stay in London.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Dear Ed,

Thank you for staying aboard Sunborn London!

What an exciting way to spend your leisure visit whilst staying aboard our hotel. We thank you kindly for your feedback about your dinning experience, sharing the outdoor activities you enjoyed in our area and after an eventful day, and informing us and viewers our rooms were accommodating to you and your family's needs.

We look forward to having you return soon and if you could contact me directly when you are next thinking to visit London, I would be delighted to help you with your reservation.

Sincerely

Reviewed 27 July 2014

If you like the idea of being on a cruise ship but don't fancy going on a cruise, then Sunborn is the answer! An easy check-in process with well informed staff, excellent breakfast choices, good food available in the bar area and very comfortable rooms. If the weather allows, a drink on the deck is recommended and provides superb views of London

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank TeamTrone

Thank you for staying aboard Sunborn London!

We are delighted to receive your feedback about out hotel and we are most pleased of your description " If you like the idea of being on a cruise ship but don't fancy going on a cruise, then Sunborn is the answer".

The idea is a floating hotel that is permanently moored given the exact feel of what you have described above.

Please let me know the next time you are in London as I know Bexleyheath is also a lovely area in Kent, and can be hard to leave at times :), as we would love to have you as return guests and assist you with your reservation.

Sincerely

Reviewed 27 July 2014

Friendly, excellent service. Great to chill out with a glass of wine on deck, watching the sun set whilst looking out on the stunning view of the London skyline. Rooms very spacious and spotlessly clean. Would definitely recommend.

Room Tip: Request riverside view if poss.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Need_more_free_time
SunbornLondon, General Manager at Sunborn London, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying aboard Sunborn London and writing this great review recommending our hotel and inspiring others to come aboard to enjoy our facilities.

We look forward to your soon return whilst having this amazing summer weather and would appreciate if you could contact me directly when making your reservation.

Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

I booked 3 nights in Sunborn London with the hope of having an excellent end to our 2 weeks family vacation in UK. To say the least, it was a total disaster. Staff was friendly but that ends there. The deal was to pay for 2nights and stay for 3nights, which at 600£ a night is totally overpriced for what comes next. There was mention on Expedia that the place had a spa but we found as soon as we checked in that they dont have one! We booked a table at the restaurant for dinner with friends. The food was ok but it took so long to be served that kids got really hungry through the hour long wait for their chicken nuggets. The next day morning we all slept till late from our previous travels and at 10am i looked up the room service menu and called reception and asked me to put me to room service. Then i hear that, against all advertising, there is NO room service. For that price of room costing an average 400£ a night, I would have stayed in any other normal hotel and expected atleast room service. Then on, for the rest of the time we had no use of the grand suite than for sleeping whilst we looked to dining all meals elsewhere. The alleyways were smelling of oil i thought, the balcony by design is shared with other rooms and the yacht was further away from the road and luggage assistance was not provided even when departing. Much was expected but we were let down to a great extent. Will not make this mistake again.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank CaptSastry
SunbornLondon, Guest Relations Manager at Sunborn London, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying aboard Sunborn London.

I cannot apologise enough for the misleading information advertised about our hotel and I believe can I speak on behalf of the entire staff of Sunborn London when I say we are sorry.

We have informed the respected department of this issue in hopes this information is not being promoted until all facilities are ready.

Can you please contact me directly, as I would like to discuss this issue further with you.