“Exceeding expectation”
Review of Sunborn London

Sunborn London
Ranked #150 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Reviewed 24 August 2014

The customer service of this hotel is second to none everything is done by the team to ensure as a customer your aspirations are met.
Thank you to the manager who was in reception on our arrival and there in the morning when we left.
There were a few small areas where I was initially disappointed the room I was initially given looked onto the dock but when I asked to be moved they accomodated and did everything to ensure that they put a smile on my face the coffee machine did not work but within five minutes it was replaced what can I say apart from visit yourself and you will see what I mean

Room Tip: Riverside view and executive suite
2  Thank Marie A
SunbornLondon, Front Office Manager at Sunborn London, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for this amazing review of Sunborn London.

We are trying our best to ensure that we meet every guest’s expectation and we really hope that you will be one of Sunborn’s loyal guests from now on.

I was glad to read that your issues were dealt efficiently from the team.

When you book your next trip to Sunborn London you will also be able to enjoy an amazing relaxing treatment in our upcoming Elemis Spa.

Looking forward to welcoming you back to Sunborn London in the near future.

There are newer reviews for Sunborn London

Reviewed 24 August 2014

If you fancy something different then try the Sunborn at Victoria Dock. We celebrated a friend's birthday in the stunning restaurant and had a wonderful evening.
What makes this venue so special is the spacious outdoor terrace facing downriver to Canary Wharf. Arriving on a sunlit evening in August the view is spellbounding. As darkness fell, the lights of this exciting part of London spread across the entire vista and we all agreed this was a sight worth seeing. The restaurant staff are expert, friendly and attentive. The food is good - although even our ladies found that portions were a little sparse. There are comfortable seating areas for you to have a quite chat before rejoining the merry throng if like we did, you are enjoying the evening with a large group (30). In summary an excellent evening provided by team Sunborn, especially given that this floating Hotel (with one hundred and thirty five guest rooms over five floors) only opened in June 2014.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your comments on Trip Advisor.

I was really glad to read that you enjoyed your visit and that you found Sunborn London special and unique.

On your next visit in our Lands End restaurant you will be able to enjoy our new winter menu with lovely creations by our Executive Chef.

Looking forward to seeing you again aboard Sunborn London soon.

Reviewed 23 August 2014 via mobile

This was an almost perfect stay. Firstly, all staff were amazing, friendly, helpful and cared about your stay. There are some negatives, so I'll do those first. When we got to our room the key swipe didn't work very well and took 14 swipes etc to get into the room! Even the maintenance men struggled. Once in the room we found our shower door broken and hanging off it's hinges. I would have thought rooms were inspected prior to using. However, very friendly maintenance men fixed shower but door remained an issue. During our stay there were many children. They were running up and down the corridors which really impacts your stay as you can really feel it in the room. They were also running up and down the main staircase that leads into the restaurant which is really annoying when you're trying to enjoy a meal in lovely surroundings. When the restaurant staff caught them, they did ask them to stop. I don't dislike children at all, but parents need to be encouraged to keep them under control. With dinner I wanted cheese and port but there was no port! These 2 go together and should be available likewise no brown sauce for the cooked breakfast! Just ketchup and mayo! After dinner we went to the bar but a group of people celebrating a birthday took over the atmosphere and were really loud and started singing their own songs. Bar music was stopped so it was a case of listening to them or going to our room which we did! Positives, wonderful staff in all areas, beautiful room, gorgeous food, fantastic surroundings. On check out we discussed through our concerns and the manager came to see us. This was great as he seemed very keen to put right some of our concerns for future stays. Although negatives seem more of an issue in this review, see through them as we really enjoyed our stay.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Potterlad
SunbornLondon, Front Office Manager at Sunborn London, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for sharing your comments from your experience aboard Sunborn London!

We always encourage our guests to give us constructive feedback so we can focus on areas that need improvement, so I would like to thank you again for your feedback.

I really hope we will be able to welcome you back to Sunborn, so that you will be able to enjoy our upcoming Afternoon Tea, our new winter restaurant menu and indulge yourself in an amazing treatment in our Elemis Spa.

Reviewed 22 August 2014

Loved staying on "the yacht". A little bit of luxury just a train journey from the centre of London. Breakfast was awesome. We stayed on the previous Sunborne before she went off to be refitted and she is now further down the river so the parking is little bit more cumbersome that previous. But the whole experience is delightful.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the river side
1  Thank LizGraham2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your time sharing your positive review on Trip Advisor.

I was glad to read that you’ve stayed at the previous Sunborn yacht and that you’ve enjoyed your stay with us.

I hope you will be one of Sunborn’s loyal guests in the future. Next time you visit Sunborn take advantage of the O2 which is very close, just 10 minutes with an amazing cable car ride and view a show.

Look forward to welcoming you back to Sunborn London soon.

Reviewed 22 August 2014

As someone who has been fortunate to travel quite extensively and stay in some pretty amazing hotels, along with some stinkers, I feel qualified to give a well rounded review.

There was nothing about the hotel that was not perfection! From the extremely attentive staff to the wonderful staircase in Reception it is hard not to be impressed. From the moment I arrived to the moment I left I was made to feel no only a valued customer but one of the family.

The rooms are spacious and very well decorated with luxury there for all to see. It has excellent WiFi reception and even has a tablet in the room, a nice touch. The bed was extremely comfortable and that comes from someone who is very fussy when it comes to my sleep.

Take the opportunity on an evening to sit out on the deck and take in the views of Canary Wharf in the distance. At night, when all lit up it offers a very different take on London and one that not many have the opportunity to appreciate.

If you are in London and fancy a change from the normal stuffy Hotel rooms give Sunborn Yacht a shot, you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful review and your positive comments.

Reviews like yours give us the strength to continue providing excellent customer service.

I was so happy to read that you’ve thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us, our comfortable rooms and that you enjoyed the views of Canary Wharf in the evening whilst having a drink outside on the deck.

On your next visit you’ll be able to enjoy a treatment in our upcoming Elemis Spa and also try our Executive Chef’s winter menu in our Lands End restaurant.

Looking forward to welcoming you aboard Sunborn London in the near future.

Reviewed 22 August 2014

This is the first time i have ever commented on trip advisor for a review. I just had to give a review as I was so happy with our stay.

I stayed at the hotel on 20.08.2014 for my 1st anniversary and had such a lovely experience. The location is perfect right on DLR and short walk to Royal Victoria to get Emirates Flight Cable to O2.

The staff at the hotel was the friendliest staff I have ever met at a hotel from the moment I walked in to the minute I left. The staff all made our stay extra special in each way.

The rooms had free wifi with a free tablet to use which was really cool and handy.

We was upgraded to the executive room view of the Thames. I had a personal letter delivered from the Manager was such an extra personal touch and the 50% voucher off drinks.

The hotel was absolutely stunning our room was very nice, lovely and spacious. We really had a good time.

Room Tip: "Thames River View"
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
SunbornLondon, Front Office Manager at Sunborn London, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for choosing Sunborn London for your stay in London, especially on such a special occasion, your anniversary! ”Congratulations”!

Sunborn London is the ideal destination in London for guests who would like to celebrate a special occasion.

I was more than happy to read that you gave your first Trip Advisor review to Sunborn.

You will soon be able to indulge yourself to one of our Elemis Spa treatments which are coming soon.

Looking forward to welcoming you back to Sunborn London.

Reviewed 22 August 2014

Booked the restaurant 2 weeks ago online, after waiting 2 days still no confirmation so I rang reception and booked a table for 2 by the window. Once we arrived, (no parking space for this hotel/restaurant, would have been nice to know), we made our way to the restaurant where we found the front desk. I was speaking to a gentlman first of all who took our name then walked off, another lady confirmed my name and resevation and ask2d where we would liked to be sat I explained I had requested a window seat, all window seats are for 4 ( must have been an inconvenience for them to remove 2 place settings). Ordered a bottle of red wine, whilst the waitress was pouring it drips all around BOTH glasses (really) are we in a major london restaurant or mcdonalds (this is not a cheap meal). Asked for jug of still water, got a bottle for £5 truely didnt
realise tap water in Britain was bad for you. Food was nice and presented on the plates worthy of a London hotel and restaurant, but how we were presented with them, I may has well been back in the military (20 yrs ago). I cannot even put it down to being busy, 6 people in the restaurant. The service and professionalism was dire and im not a cheap skate but at £130 for 2 people I think you deserve good service, and a 12% service charge was added.

2  Thank dovey68

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on Trip Advisor. While I was happy to read that you enjoyed your food, I was most concerned about your comments on the lack of our customer service.

Thank you for pointing out the areas we need to work on and to improve.

I was really sad to know that you have declined our F&B Manager’s offer as a compensation of our standards’ shortfalls you experienced.

I really hope we will be able to welcome you back in the future so you can experience the true Sunborn London customer service.