“the team who I will remember as having an attitude of ‘Nothing is too much’!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Ham Yard Hotel

Ham Yard Hotel
Ranked #36 of 1,090 Hotels in London
London, United Kingdom
“the team who I will remember as having an attitude of ‘Nothing is too much’!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

Laura and I had an amazing 4th Wedding Anniversary weekend and felt so honoured to be upgraded to the deluxe suite. When we arrived we were checked in by (excuse the spelling) Edita, she was very calm, knowledgeable and efficient. Edita really made us feel welcome and that nothing was too much. I was really impressed by her attitude and professionalism. Edita then passed us onto a very charming and charismatic French gentleman called John who gave us a very extensive tour of the hotel.

John had an excellent knowledge of the hotel and was even able to tell us how many seats were in the cinema, 176 if I remember correctly. He also managed to tell us how many oranges were in the railing from the bowling alley level to the lower bar on the floor below 281 I think he quoted again I am trying my best to recall (an impressive an original feature). The facilities are outstanding, it is no surprise to me that all of the staff at the hotel walk around with a huge sense of pride as they really are part of something truly special. John after an extensive and rather witty and charming tour lead us seamlessly to our room without us realising and when we walked in all of our bags had already been whipped up to our room which was a very slick touch.

When we entered our room (just as the hotel had been in every single element) every item of furniture and detail in our room seemed to be perfectly in place as if by design, fantastic attention to detail.

We made our way to the bar down stairs and we were looked after by a very engaging bar tender from Jamaica (I feel terrible that I had not got his name) who drew the attention of the whole room. He was extremely entertaining, informative and interactive and great to watch. Despite being in quite formal surrounding the bar team made it fun and light hearted and made all guests feel truly welcome. It really felt like genuine hospitality as opposed to many high calibre hotels I have visited in the past that are too stiff and pretentious and often make you feel unwelcome.

I ordered a taxi to Artesian bar at the Langham hotel (voted best bar in the world, two years running) the staff uniforms made the staff look ridiculous (really bad versions of air hostesses outfits with Sainsbury’s esque style of fashion) and the staff were bored, stiff and un-engaging, having been at the Ham Yard Hotel just prior to the visit a leaving on a high it really made their service even more uninspiring in comparison.

The hotel looks fantastic with every detail given a huge amount of thought. We work the hospitality business which is a people business and I have always thought that any organisations greatest assets are their staff and I have to say your management team have really nailed it there. Your staff are an absolute credit to you and made the stay unforgettable.

Please pass on a huge thanks to the team who I will remember as having an attitude of ‘Nothing is too much’!

Room Tip: Go for a deluxe Suite, they are brilliant
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

Don't get me wrong, it's expensive, but we thought it was worth it as it was a treat for my birthday weekend!

I can't rave enough about this hotel! From the food, room service, bar, rooms, location (brilliantly placed for lots of treats like various theatres, nice restaurants inc Jamie Oliver's Italian to name but a few!). the stand out thing though has to be the staff & service! All people we encountered were so lovely & helpful, reception, concierge, batman, bell boy etc!!

We had a lovely weekend & will be back to stay as a treat as soon as we can! Thank you for making my birthday weekend so special!!

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank Holly_Plum
Bristol, England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

Myself and three friends dined at this gorgeous hotel last night....wow!! Breathtakingly gorgeous inside, staffed by professional and friendly staff, and the kitchen throws out some first class, imaginative and mouth-wateringly tasty food. I thoroughly enjoyed all three courses.
For the quality, I thought the food was pretty reasonably priced too.
I would definitely return,and recommend this restaurant.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014

Soho has some fine eateries but I was impressed with Ham Yard as an addition the menu has a European flair and is reasonably priced with a few unusual additions but enough safe dishes to please the most fussy of friends. A well rounded wine list and sublime cocktails make this a great spot for Breakfast, Brunch or dinner. I had a quick look at the afternoon tea menu and the ice-cream sandwiches looked rather lovely. The decor screams DESIGNED but you know, I liked it, it does have an American vibe to it but I think SOHO has such an international feel that Ham Yard fits well into its new yard with a great outside space too. The staff are great very friendly and they are chilled giving this place a great vibe. I'm going back Sunday so you can tell I like it.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Mickeymi
Kent
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014

As Ham Yard is new to the London Hotel scene, we thought we'd give it a whirl for my Wife's Birthday Tea. What a great choice. The restaurant was lovely, the staff attentive and the tea itself was superb. A great selection of sweet and savoury. Just the right amount and perfect quantities.

We will be back!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Samboii
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

Best place to go to get away from the hustle and bustle. Service and quality excellent. Bar is very spacious with different eating areas all slightly differently designed. Afternoon teas looked really nice or just have a coffee it comes with a homemade brownie.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank fifimar
oslo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014

We stayed for a week just one month after the hotel opened. The design is impressive and we loved both the lobby and library, restaurant, conservatory and the roof terrace. It was very nice to be able to eat outside in the midst of London.

Food in the restaurant was very good and the breakfast probably one of the best and most consistent ever - lots of fruits and berries, eggs any style, toast and pancakes. All delicious - especially the Eggs Benedict and Eggs Florentine.

Service top notch - very acoomoodating and eager to please. Service was both unpretentious and professional.

Housekeeping is always very good in Firmdales - the only niggle here was that you had to ask for extra toilet paper and they did not replace the laundry bag.

On the weak side I also felt there were some cost cutting to furniture and finishes like wall paper in the corridors and rooms. I am sure this will evolve a bit during the next year, but so far it felt slightly cheaper than in other Firmdale hotels. On the other hand - art in the public rooms were fantastic.

All over - a solid Firmdale - do go now as I think rates will increase here.

Room Tip: Our room 112 was nice, but I suspect the same room on higher floors would be even better
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family