“Possibly the most pretentious restaurant I've ever been too”
Review of Lyle's

Ranked #1,975 of 23,771 Restaurants in London
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Shoreditch
Reviewed 20 March 2017

This restaurant was a very poor choice for lunch. I found the choice of food extremely strange. One of the dishes, I actually couldn't eat at all. I ordered shrimps that were basically pan fried little shrimps presented in the plainest possible manner. The other two dishes were okay. I was surprised that the waiter didn't even bother asking why we were returning an almost untouched plate of food. She simply didn't care. I found the service extremely disappointing and the prices are far too high for what's on offer. In essence, I left the place highly unsatisfied, almost tempted to buy myself a sandwich from a local shop;-)

Date of visit: October 2016
2  Thank Vaho V
Write a reviewReviews (451)

Reviewed 16 March 2017 via mobile

Super trendy Shoreditch restaurant that offers a fixed menu of really well-cooked, interesting food served by friendly and knowledgable staff.

Date of visit: December 2016
Reviewed 8 March 2017 via mobile

Ate here after spotting this restaurant on a blog. Reservations essential as it is a popular London restaurant.

Menu changes daily but is posted online. Evenings have a no-choice menu, which was surprisingly refreshing as most places in London offer too much choice.

The decor is industrial minimalist and lovely. Tables set far enough apart that you don't have to feel as if you are eating on top of other diners. White walls, plain wooden tables and crockery. Open kitchen and friendly staff.

Each dish was explained to us, and featured locally sourced ingredients. All dishes were delicious!

Kipper broth and the mussels in cider butter were my favourite.

Highly recommend.

Date of visit: March 2017
1  Thank nicolecostello
Reviewed 1 March 2017 via mobile

I have no idea what I ate, for the most part. That being said, I found everything incredibly delicious. I ate every part and was incredibly grateful that dinner involved not needing to choose dishes (pre-determined dinner menu). Yes, it was pricey yet I'm so happy I spent an evening here.

Date of visit: February 2017
2  Thank Yogacoffee
Reviewed 20 February 2017

I went to eat at Lyle's restaurant couple of weeks ago.
The location is nice and the service simple but essential.
The food was tasty but not so special as i though.
Just my opinion, but there should have been more courses.

Date of visit: February 2017