“Delicious- great food-great service”
Review of Lyle's

Ranked #1,975 of 23,771 Restaurants in London
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Shoreditch
Reviewed 19 July 2017

Was easy to find, great service- so friendly and walked us through the menu when we had no idea what some of it was.
Delicious food- very rich, quite small portions but it's about the flavour rather than the quantity.
some of it definitely wasn't my taste- but was with a friend who was visiting so we went there.
Menu changes all the time- according to season and availability so don't set your heart on the dishes too far in advance.

Date of visit: August 2016
Write a reviewReviews (451)

Reviewed 30 June 2017 via mobile

First visit to Lyle's this evening following a recommendation from friends. It's a set 4 course dinner menu plus cheese if desired. We loved the food and the service was good too. The wine list was not so good and we struggled to get wine to our taste although we did manage to find something eventually.

Reviewed 28 June 2017 via mobile

I had the best meal of my life last night.
This restaurant offers a four course set menu for dinner. I was slightly worried when I saw the menu that it would be too much or that I would have to eat things I would not normally order (not a big fan of red meat). Luckily I was proven wrong to worry. It was all delicious and the portions were just right. Before the first course arrived we were served unbelievably good sour dough bread and some game terrine which was superb. first course was freshest and crunchy peas with thinly sliced goat cheese and two types of leaf salad, decorated with eatable flowers. We kept on wondering what the dressing was because it was so special and right for this dish. When the second course arrived we were in seventh heaven and very quiet. It was sea trout, gooseberries and samphire. A tiny bit too salty for my taste but the contrast between the berries and the perfectly cooked trout was excellent. The feared meat dish arrived. It was Dexter rib with runner beans and fresh garlic. Fantastic. The quality of the beef was amazing. Simply seared. Quite exceptional the contrast with the runner beans. To end the dinner we had some special strawberry granita with vanilla flavored cream. A delight. Service was attentive with all staff extremely polite, knowledgeable and efficient. The decor is industrial, quite simple with open kitchen. The only negative comment is the markup on the wine offered, quite excessive in my view.

2  Thank almostbear
Reviewed 25 June 2017 via mobile

Wonderful dining room. Service hit and miss. Lobster was undercooked and unremarkable. Lamb broth was saltier than the Dead Sea. Greens wonderful. Coffee great. Maybe the dinner menu is better.

1  Thank Flanno2013
Reviewed 25 June 2017

I'd like to highlight the fantastic service we ex

We ordered a carafe of wine that tasted good on first sip but got a little worse as we carried on drinking (absolutely nothing wrong with the wine - it just didn't suit our palates). Our server somehow got the sense we were unhappy, and despite the fact that we'd drunk about 1/3 of it, replaced the carafe with a wine we liked a lot more.

We really appreciate the gesture, it made our meal infinitely more enjoyable.

Oh, and the food was great too.

Date of visit: April 2017