“so bad and dirty”

Ranked #1,042 of 1,089 Hotels in London
London, United Kingdom
“so bad and dirty”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

2 night s very bad run hotel , all room s are dirty and damp and dusty i would not put my worst enemy . i had to take my wife and my baby boy who is 3 months old to the hospital at an early hours of the morning . i would not recommend this hotel to any one they dont know what hoover is and the smell bad you cant even sleep. the have put a fan in the room with dust all over it .

Room Tip: no room at that hotel is good all of them very dirty i would not stay there .
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Ali K

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Liverpool, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014

I stayed there for two nights. Booked single en-suite but they upgrade me with a double bed. Room have all basic facilities. Breakfast was continental. Best part is the location and staff. They were very helpful. If you like a short stay then this is your place as every thing is so close by and transportation is excellent.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank John M
leicester
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014

This place is filthy. Our room stank of mould so bad we had to leave the windows wide open all night. Couldn't tell u about breakfast as we couldn't eat food in somewhere so dirty, so checked out first thing. Didn't even shower as that too was filthy. We slept on the bed in our clothes. Apart from the location there is nothing good about this hovel

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank mJamesy

Travellers are raving about these London hotels

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed there for one night as our normal hotel was fully booked. Gr8 location right next to the tube and main rail station but that's the best thing I can say although the staff were very friendly and helpful. The whole decor of the hotel and room was dire, our room was dirty and smelly, an extension lead fed our electric and there were stains on the duvet. I won't start on the bathroom as u'd have to c it to believe it. My wife was even contemplating sleeping rough instead of going back that night, enough said

• Stayed June 2014
Taunton, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2014

We checked in at 11pm and saw a man taking a prostitute to his room which the staff were clearly fine with. The room was so dirty it looked like it needed the CSI team - the walls were covered in brown splatters, there was damp on the ceiling with cracking plaster, thick dust under the beds. The sheets didn't fit, the pillows were actually 2 very thin pillows stuffed in to 1 case. The triple room only had 1 mug which was dirty. The shower was blocked so I had about 1 minute before it was at risk of overflowing. The bathroom was covered in mould. The carpet wasn't fitted properly and there a large hole cut in it with another piece fitted in which was too small. The curtains were thin so the street light shone in making the room very light. There were noisy people outside until 3.30am and lorries unloading ALL night. I have stayed in 20p a night places in 3rd world countries which were nicer than this hotel, this really is the worst place I have ever stayed in in my life.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
6 Thank MeHeAndThree
Limerick, Ireland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 December 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed here in November and it was a disaster.
The place was filthy, the window wouldn't close, the bed was broken. No bins changed.
Very unsafe and we were misled by other reviews. We did not stay there for any of our trip, we left immediately. It was disgraceful. I would never recommend this to anyone and I am very easy going. Staff hadn't a clue. Not worth the money at all.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
7 Thank Carol K
Ballarat, Australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 September 2013

I truly wish I read trip advisor before booking here. It was horrible.

Sure it was cheap & near Paddington Station, but damn! how they are still allowed to be operational astounds me.

The front desk was rarely manned, the carpet throughout the place is disgusting and a tripping hazard, the stairs WILL collapse one day, the curtains barely covered the windows and were such light material it was worthless, the beds were stiff and everything else was minimal (at most). At least the wifi worked.

Upon check in, there was nobody at the desk and nobody responded to the bell. I walked downstairs to investigate where there appeared to be 3 workers sleeping on the kitchen floor and were in no rush to assist me. They were clueless about attractions too and were unable to assist upon the 2 occasions I asked.

Also the cleaning lady pretty much forced me out in the morning who knocked on the door relentlessly until i answered and told her to come back... she came back every 10 minutes for the next 40. It was then I checked out much earlier than I expected.

Room Tip: There are great rooms at every other hotel in London. Please, don't stay here.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled solo