“Getting to know London the Tasty Way”

London Food Lovers Tours
Book In Advance
More Info
and up
Tastes of Soho Afternoon Food and Cultural...
Ranked #18 of 209 Food & Drink in London
More attraction details
Owner description: London Food Lovers was an idea dreamt up by a couple of passionate foodies, who spent years exploring London’s diverse food scene. We decided to take our passion for food one step further and bring London’s unique cosmopolitan flavors to the world through Food Tours. For us, so much can be learned through food. Behind every dish, there is a story, a history, and something you can learn from each culture. We are not just tour guides, we are “food lovers” and our mission is to discover and explore London’s most interesting food offerings – and bring our clients directly to their tables. We have a variety of tours that we offer in London: Our Soho International Food Tour is a celebration of London's cosmopolitan flavours. This 4.5-Hour walking tour is a unique gastronomic and cultural experience, including 10+ food and drink tastings, as you share the history, cultures and stories that come with those foods. Spend a relaxing half day in a small and intimate group, eating & drinking your way through Soho's unique and diverse culinary landscape! Our Jack The Ripper Happy Hour Tasting Tour takes you on exciting exploration of London's famous East End while you learn about one of the most famous and iconic serial killers of all time, Jack The Ripper. This tour is the only tour in London that has been designed to tell the story of Jack The Ripper as you sample a variety of tastings – some fitting with the Jack The Ripper Story and some that are local favourites in the East End. You will walk through the same streets that Jack The Ripper famously prowled, as you stop in a variety of different tasting locations - from a gin-tasting to the most famous Jewish deli in London, this tour has it all! The London Pizza Lovers Tour explores some of London’s most creative pizza venues, as you learn about the history of pizza, how pizza came to London, and how it has become one of London’s all-time favourite and varied snacks – loved by visitors, as well as locals! You will sample 5 different versions of Pizza in 5 very unique locations. You will hear the stories behind how these pizzas arrived in London along with a complete history of pizza and how to spot real pizza from the “fake”, tourist versions. Discover new stories and flavours that you may have never tried before and get an understanding of how our current concept of pizza came to be. In addition to our small group tours, we also offer private and corporate tours that can be customized to meet the most particular needs and interests.
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Activities for young children, Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access, Activities for older children, Baby buggy parking
Reviewed 11 June 2014

This tour really was a delicious delight! Having sent some months in London as a college student "back in the day" I really thought I knew Soho. But on a friend's suggestion we took this tour and learned (and tasted) so much that was new! In addition to being introduced to a great pub, we were introduced to the surprisingly diversity of tastes and cultural experiences. This is one of the best half-days anyone could spend in London. The culinary and shopping adventure not only gives you experiences that wonderfully stimulate every sense, you also get direct interactions with people from many of London's ethnic cultures. I highly recommend this tour for wonderful multicultural experiences, while enjoying London's many culinary delights, all introduced by the knowledgeable and affable guide. Definitely, this was a most educational and unique way to get to know London. We have many terrific, tasty memories from this tour to enjoy forever.

All reviews
in 3 reviews
"historical tidbits"
"wonderful stories"
in 2 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"
in 6 reviews
"four hours"
"informative tour"
"great afternoon"

Reviewed 9 June 2014

On a recent visit to London, besides going to the fantastic food aisles at Harrods, my husband and I came across an outfit called "London Food Lovers" guided tours featuring a food tour of the Soho district of London. What a delight. Our guide was charming and personable and made us feel right at home. We had another few people included in our group who were from Florida. My husband and I are from Michigan. We all were excited to try just about anything and taste anything. We were not dissapponted. I loved the pub food the best. My husband liked the wine tasting at the end the best. If you have time - better yet - MAKE TIME for this excursion - IT IS FABULOUS, PRICED RIGHT, AND A TOTAL JOY FOR ANY PERSON WHO WANTS TO TASTE THE FLAVORS OF LONDON!

Reviewed 9 June 2014

The tour was amazing! Sarah's knowledge of the area and the little secrets of Soho were great and so delightful. I would have never been able to find these places and know where to go on my own. The food was delicious and the history I learned was unforgettable! Kudos to London Food Lovers!

Reviewed 9 June 2014

Just when I thought I new everything there is to know about querky and interesting foodie choices in central I was proved wrong!!! I took myself and a friend on a tour with these guys and was pleasantly surprised. We were taken to 10 fantastic individual outlets from Hawaiian to Indian and back to Blighty! It was a day of taste sensations driven by the fab team at London Food Lovers. The pain and the strain was lifted by the cunning and clever logistics by Marks and Sarah the proprietors. Each menu gave us more than a snapshot of fantastic cuisine finished off with a fine send off at Gordons Wine bar.....I didn't want to go home!! My advice....get yourself booked in on the next tour....and if like me you think you know it all....be prepared for a surprise!! Lee Collier