“Fantastic little gem in the heart of Piccadilly!”

The Z Hotel Piccadilly
Ranked #180 of 1,088 Hotels in London
Doha, Qatar
“Fantastic little gem in the heart of Piccadilly!”
Reviewed 6 August 2014

I can't begin to describe how perfect this hotel was. While the rooms may be very small, the amazing and accommodating staff, perfect customer service, and great location made up for it all... everything was fantastic! I would definitely go back again and again and again :)

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (162)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Excellent hotel, staff looked after us very well. Although room was small it was more than adequate. Complimentary drinks and free cheese and wine in evening, good touch. We will certainly stay here again, location excellent. Only silly little quibble, did not like the chocolate soap.

Room Tip: We had a Queen room which appears to be a bit bigger than others.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Luxembourg
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Brand new modern but small hotel for solo travellers or couples. Fantastic location next to Leicester square, great staff, continental breakfast for free, wine/cheese offered in the evenings, free wi-fi. Cannot fault it in any way.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Wellington, New Zealand
Reviewed 4 August 2014

And when I say tiny, I mean tiny. The bed takes up the entire width of the room. I stayed three nights on business in London. The electronic room key failed on three occasions and had to be changed. The wifi went down twice. Sure the staff were apologetic, and helpful and handed out wine, beer and stuff to mollify upset customers. And sure the free breakfast and complimentary wine was nice too. But this is still a hotel with very small rooms not well serviced. The location is great, but it is not a great value for money proposition - at least not in my view, and I certainly won't stay again, and I would not recommend it

Room Tip: Go to another hotel
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank JohnSB3
Dominika R, General Manager at The Z Hotel Piccadilly, responded to this review, 29 August 2014
Dear John,

Thank you for choosing The Z Hotel Piccadilly for your recent visit to London and for taking your time to share your experience.

I am sorry to hear that there were few disruptions during your stay with us, the locking system and Wifi I am now pleased to inform that these have been rectified, as the hotel is very new we have encountered a number of IT system failures. We fully understand the importance of these working correctly.

Z Hotels offer affordable compact luxury rooms and I am sorry that you found your room “ tiny” – we are very honest in our products hence they are describe in actual square meters on the website. Nevertheless, we do offer Queen rooms which our larger in size.

I am very pleased you enjoyed our complimentary drinks and breakfast. Also you have found our staff to be very professional, I have passed these comments on to the team.

Once again let me take this opportunity to apologies for the inconvenience you had experienced during your previous stay and I would be delighted to welcome you back in the near future.

Kind regards,

Ahmed Salah
Hotel Operations Manager
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 3 August 2014

The Z hotel is a lovely new hotel located in London's theatre district within walking distance of many historic venues, shopping, museums, eateries and of course, theatres. As with others writing here, we were greeted by a hospitable staff and offered complimentary glasses of wine upon our arrival. The room we selected was rather small but perfect for our short stay. Interesting choice of decor in this room included a clear glassed-in bathroom visible from the bed (this could be uncomfortable for mates sharing a room). Overall, we were thrilled with our short stay at Z and will happily return on our next visit to London!

Room Tip: see note about bathroom :)
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Alina,

I am very pleased to hear that you had “fun” in our new addition to the Z Hotels in. We have built this hotel right in the city so you can get the most out of London on your short stay. The rooms are compact, that is why you do not need a big room as you will spend most of your time in the unique city. Thank you once again and I hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Kind regards,

Ahmed Salah
Hotel Operations Manager
Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 July 2014

This hotel went beyond our expectations, we booked for one night for a theatre break expecting a bed to sleep and nothing more. On entering the staff were so friendly and helpful offering complimentary drinks as they dealt with a customer in front. The room itself was modern and clean with an adequate double bed im 6ft 2in and had no issues, large flatscreen tv on the wall at the end of the bed with free Sky movies and a large walk in shower. It should be noted that there are no drawers or wardrobes just hanging space on the wall but if your only stopping 1 - 2 nights this isn't a problem. Location wise it's 5 min Leicester square, 5 min Trafalgar square and about 10 min Piccadilly circus. We returned to the hotel on a hot sticky night after seeing Miss Saigon and decided to have a cold drink in the reception / bistro I opted for a bottle of lager and my wife fizzy orange only to be told it's complimentary when I tried to pay, all of this on top of free cheese and wine in the early evening. All of this for the silly price of £105 booked on Last minute . com. WE WILL BE BOOKING AGAIN thank you Z hotel

Room Tip: I think all the rooms are pretty much the same but for a bargain if you feel confident you can pay i...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Eddo1958
Dominika R, General Manager at The Z Hotel Piccadilly, responded to this review, 1 August 2014
Dear Eddo, Thank you so much for your amazing review!
We look forward to welcoming you and your wife at the Z soon :)
Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

I needed a hotel to stay for one night in the middle of London and after checking prices, this seemed really good value and I wasn't disappointed. On arrival, it is right in between piccadilly, trafalgar and Leicester Square within 5 minutes of Chinatown and major subway links. Check in was fast and easy, it was a very warm day and the staff offered a complimentary drink (I chose oringina) which was much appreciated. The room itself was very clean, compact but not too small ( I can imagine two people feeling a bit more cosy but still good). Air con in the room was great and the bathroom was clean and the shower was powerful. There was some work still going on but nothing that bothered me. The bed is comfortable, agree with others that it is hard mattress but I like that. In the morning, checkout was again easy and the staff called a taxi for me, and during my wait I was offered a coffee at no charge. All in all a fantastic stay in London due to the staff, the facilities, location and overall atmosphere. Would definitely stay again. Thanks for a great stay.

Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank simmyxc
Dear Guest,
It is our pleasure! We hope to see you again soon :)