Holiday Inn Express London - Golders Green North
Ranked #655 of 1,068 Hotels in London
Coleraine, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
“excellent”
Reviewed 7 January 2013

stayed here for darts final as close to alexander palace,and bus stop outside hotel that goes to oxford street.very clean hotel rooms lovely,staff very nice,will return,it dosnt have restaurant but they do allow takeaways in to rooms,breakfast is buffet style,its not a big place but decor is nice,

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Beit Shemesh, Israel
Reviewed 31 December 2012

Clean rooms, helpful and friendly staff, standard nothing special hotel. Decent enough breakfast. Rooms are standard for Holiday Inn but any room facing the front of the hotel will be noisy as it overlooks the main road and access to the main highway.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the back
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Elisha O
UK
Reviewed 29 December 2012

I stayed here on Christmas night, service and reception were fine, the room was as expected and on the whole it was OK.
Room 401 (our room) was right against the elevator shaft and there was quite a bit of rumbling throughout the night - I did enquire about a room change but the hotel was full so we put up with it. As a Priority Club member I got an hour of free internet, which was a useful bonus.
Breakfast was OK as well, and for a full hotel it didnt seem too crowded.
Would I go back - probably yes on my account - for business on a company account I might look for something just a bit better.

Room Tip: Just make sure you are not in rooms xx01 to avoid elevator rumble
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
Athens, Greece
Reviewed 24 December 2012

One of the few London Holiday inn express where car parking and breakfast is free-
Yes it is not centrally located but the bus stop is right outside and number 82 takes you directly to city center in an average of 40'. Golders Green tube station is 8' away (82 or 460 bus). Staff is very friendly and helpful while the hotel is one of the few 'Express' that has hot breakfast as well as a good standard variety of continental breakfast. In my humble opinion, the breakfast is more than fine for what you pay.
Those that want something more can go to InterContinental. The rooms are simple but clean.
Even though located close to a motorway, I was able to study for a university exam, so the rooms are quiet. I would stay there again.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank KozaniM80
Johannesburg
Reviewed 21 December 2012

Suitable for business but also for cite seeing. Only pitfall is no free internet access. This hotel has good location for visiting London. Bus station is at the hotel entry which is very convenient. The room was adequate. The staff were friendly and efficient. Overall pleasant experience for long stay.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
London
Reviewed 17 December 2012

With a need to stay on the "other" side of London, I booked into the Holiday Inn Express for 2 nights recently.

The day before arrival the hotel called me to confirm that I was indeed coming which I thought was a very nice touch and enabled me to make a room type request that I hadn't actually thought about previously.

Check in was a very slow process for reasons that are not entirely clear to me. It seemed to take a very long while to get all of my bits and pieces organised so that I could get to my room.

The room itself was clean and comfortable though I wouldn't have wanted to have to share the bed with anyone else as it was a fairly narrow double bed. The bathroom had an interesting design whereby the door could either be closed to shut off the entire bathroom or just to make a toilet cubicle. The lack of cupboard space was a little irritating as it meant I needed to live out of my suitcase rather than unpacking.

Breakfast is included at this hotel and it was plentiful with a separate kosher section for those who needed it. It was however slightly disconcerting to be sitting eating breakfast right next to a bus stop (perhaps they could put curtains up to block the view a bit).

Staff were very friendly but not overly efficient and when I had a problem with my internet connection (charged at a very steep £7.50 per device per day) it took them a long while to sort it out and in the end I suggested the solution to them.

In terms of value for money, the hotel was unbeatable though when I asked if I could extend for 1 more night the price was more than double what I had paid for the first 2 nights so I declined and went elsewhere.

Would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone who is looking to stay in this area.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
St Austell, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 December 2012

Me and my partner stayed here for a long weekend. We chose this hotel as we were driving from Cornwall and the fact it had free car parking and breakfast along with a good rate for this time of year was good.
We arrived late to find the hotel car park stated it was full which I wasn't pleased about but I rang the hotel and the receptionist let me into the car park where I was lucky to find a space. I found it hard to see how a big hotel had quite a small car park to be honest.
The hotel itself was very clean with nice interior. Our room was also very clean. A few niggles I had was that the bed was a small double and there wasn't a lot of storage for clothes, only about 5 coat hangers. But the bed was comfy, and I slept very well considering we were right by the main road as the window did a very good Job of blocking the noise out.
Breakfast was a pleasant surprise I was just expecting cereal and toast but there was also beans, scrambled eggs and sausages available along with different juices, croissants, cheese etc; so that was great.
It was very easy to get a bus to the tube but we saved a bit of money and walked 20 minutes up to finchley central which felt safe.
Overall for what we paid and for it being so close to Christmas i was very happy with my stay and would stay again definitely.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple