“Good, clean hotel, kosher breakfast” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Express London - Golders Green North

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Holiday Inn Express London - Golders Green North
Ranked #618 of 1,089 Hotels in London
Jerusalem
“Good, clean hotel, kosher breakfast”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

We were very happy staying at the Holiday Inn at Henly's corner. The worst thing I have to say about it is that the bed was a little bit smaller than what we're used to. It's a clean, comfortable hotel that also serves a kosher breakfast which is great for those who need it (and has Shabbat keys ...) It's across the road from Kinloss and easy access to everything that Temple Fortune has to offer (kosher bakery...) as well as a bus stop right outside to take you into town or to Golders Green station. We had a triple room which still had space to move around. Altogether a really good choice especially if you need to be in "the hood".

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Laurent W, Manager at Holiday Inn Express London - Golders Green North, responded to this review, 13 September 2013
Dear Shokolata,

Thank you for the positive feedback regarding your stay at the Holiday Inn Express London-Golders Green. We constantly look for the ways to improve service quality and your comments motivate the staff to go "the extra mile" to ensure that the highest standard of accommodation is maintained on daily basis.
Once again thank you and we look forward to welcoming you again in future.

Kind regards,
Barbara L

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
West Orange, New Jersey
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2013

Our first night here was a disaster. We arrived close to midnight and had an advance booking advising of our late arrival and that we are two senior adults who need a good comfortable bed after an international flight. We dragged our suitcases onto the elevator and down the hall (no carts or assistance) and reached our room which looked like it had a double bed and a double sized mattress on the floor. Ok. We could manage! Wrong. The bed on the floor was more like a set of puzzle pieces that disseminated when a person lay down on them Impossible for an adult to sleep on that but, after midnight, exhausted and ready for sleep, we stayed in the room and had a truly miserable night sharing the bed which was not only too small but its mattress was the cheapest quality and iterally hard as a brick with no give at all.....sort of like sleeping on a stone slab. We finished the night with a chilly shower which just seemed to go along with all the other components of our visit. We spoke to the desk clerk, who was a lovely young man, and he told us how to work the shower (my husband has a master's in engineering but this shower was beyond his ken) and he agreed to move us to a room with two twin beds. This was infinitely better and the remaining two nights were not spent in abject misery.

WIFI which is free for Holiday Inn members was never used because of a weak connection........theirs not ours. There is one PC in the lobby which works fine but I waited an hour to print boarding passes since they have no time restriction and another guest was simply selfishly conducting business on the lobby computer. Strange in this day and age but true.

Decor is basic. Everything is very clean but rooms have no ornamentation at all. No picture adorns the walls. Not one. Nothing to warm up a sterile room.

Breakfast is barely adequate. Go for toast and coffee and you can't go wrong.

Noise is a problem. Our first night we were in the rear overlooking the parking lot. Should've been quiet. Wasn't. Nice to know the emergency squads were working all night. I can attest to that. Sirens were our lullaby. Facing front nights two and three was more of the same. Lots of street traffic noise.

Some guests took advantage of the free parking. We didn't have a car but the 82 bus stops conveniently right in front of the hotel. Don't even try to get to the hotel by public transportation if you have luggage. But, the hotel will phone order a cheaper cab for you (45 pounds to LHR) on request.

No restaurants within easy walking distance of the hotel.

We stayed here because of a wedding and this was the pickup point for the coaches to the event. If you can choose another venue I'd recommend that you do!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express London - Golders Green North, responded to this review, 19 September 2013
Dear rojersey,

Thank you for the candid review of our property as this will guide us in making the right decisions. We are very disappointed to hear about your experience with the bed and the noise. Kindly be assured that we treat this matter seriously as we always strive to deliver world-class service to our guests as these issues will definitely be looked into. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Scotland, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2013

We stayed in this hotel primarily because it had a triple room and was in same general area of London as Wembley i.e North. On the hotel itself, it was bright, clean and modern. Breakfast was good for a free breakfast and staff were very pleasant. The vending in hotel was very expensive (£1.60 for small bottle coke) and was also very limited.
I didn't think the location was great, I'd imagine it's good if you are in car (right off North Circular) but was a bit of a jaunt into central London. Golder's Green tube station isn't really within walking distance however there is a bus stop right outside hotel. Taking bus all the way to Euston or Victoria takes a while so best hopping off bus at GG tube station and take Northern Line from there. Alternatively, we paid £25 in taxi from Euston when we arrived.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank vadougie
Preston, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2013

Stayed here for a few days with family as it was close to London and no other hotels directly in the city could accomodate.
The value of the hotel is excellent, they also offer free parking which is a great bonus.
The room was nice - not big, but if you are only sleeping in there, what more do you want.
Only gripe was the air conditioning didn't work, despite the reception saying it takes 10mins to actually kick in...
Free breakfast was ok - mainly pastries or cereal - but as mentioned it was free so can't complain.
Location to the city is ideal too - its approx 10miles away, however directly outside the hotel is a bus stop (82) which takes about 40mins to the likes of Regents Park/Oxford St, etc... This for me was the best way to travel - not only did was the bus stop right outside the hotel, it was also much cheaper than the train which was about a 10-15min walk from the hotel.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone who wishes to be close to the center of London and would stay again.

Room Tip: Check if room has air con if going in summer Also Holiday Inn do tend to double book your room in g...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Brighton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2013

I stayed at the HIExpress with my 16 and 13 year old daughters and their friend who was also 16 as they were going to a youtube convention at Alexandra Palace. Initially I was a bit worried as I have stayed in similar hotels in London on a Saturday night and it wasn't very pleasant, but I have to say I was pleasantly surprised!

I arrived an hour before the allocated check in time and my family room was ready for us. The room had a decent sized double bed and a relatively comfy sofa bed. The room was spotlessly clean and aired. There were plenty of towels and enough cups for all of us to have hot drinks which is unusual as other places I have stayed only put out two cups.

I had to get to the east of London and the nearest tube station was closed for the weekend. The staff at front desk were very knowledgeable directing me to the nearest bus stop and where to get off the bus and showing me where I could top up my Oyster card.

We arrived back from our event after 9pm and the hotel had no food available but they handed over a variety of take away menu's and offered to phone our order through, which they happily did. They food was great and plenty of it (we chose the Chinese menu) and it was very good value for money.

I was a bit worried as our room faced the very busy North Circular road but with the window shut there was hardly any road noise and no noise from fellow guests either which I found very unusual and was very happy about!

We arrived at Breakfast on Sunday morning just after 8am. It was a very civilised set up, we experienced no problems. There was plenty of food, the coffee machine produced decent coffee, lots of fruit juice, croissants, sausages, scrambled eggs, beans, lots of bread both brown and white to toast as well as a Kosher option. There were tables available to sit at and the staff were constantly cleaning up when guests were finished.

I would recommend this hotel. The staff were friendly, helpful and knowledgeable. The room was clean, spacious and aired. I felt safe and secure which was a priority to me as I was with three teenage girls!

On another note, if you are staying at this hotel and need a taxi I thoroughly recommend a firm called GLH. They answer the phone promptly, give you a quote for the exact price the journey costs, send you a text with a link to how far away your driver is and another text to let you know the driver has arrived, his name, the make and model of the car and it's registration number. I used to them to take us to and from Alexandra Palace and I cannot fault them.

Overall a successful trip.

Room Tip: Our room was on the second floor and was a family room.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2013

It is a great hotel if you need a limited service hotel, I was there on the weekend for two nights the room is spacious, it’s easy access for transportation and restaurants are not too far away.
The only down fall is during breakfast period there is no room to move , the staff are brilliant I experienced a shocking behaviour from the boss while having a cigarette outside he was shouting at one of the employee from what it sound like she parked in the car park what sort of person behaviour towards their employee like this , I went to her because I felt so sorry for her to ask for his name because I wanted to mention his name on this review but she smile and told me it is fine , he does not deserve any loyalty if you ask me .

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple